Stuffed Bell Peppers

It’s late, I’m tired so shockingly (yes I know I can go on and on and on…) this will be short and sweet. Did stuffed peppers for the first time and who knew they were so good. I took some inspiration from “the joy of cooking” since I had no idea what to put in them. Then I, as per usual, deviated from the recipe a bit. Here’s the result, they were delish!

Stuffed Bell Peppers:

Ingredients:

6 Bell Peppers
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1/2 Red Onion, diced
2 tablespoons beef broth
Olive Oil, to keep things moist
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
Himalayan Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Watkins Salsa Spice
1 tablespoon Basil
1 tablespoon Oregano
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
3 large or 5 small Garlic Cloves
2 eggs, whisked
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 cups Basmati Rice, cooked
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:

Cut the tops off your peppers and hollow the insides out.

Steam them for about 8-10 minutes. I did not have a steamer big enough so I did this:

Remove and set aside.

Cook your hamburger and onion on medium heat until juices run clear. You can use olive oil to keep moist if necessary.

Now add your rice, broth, spices, sauces, egg,  and sugar and mix really well.

Remove from heat.

Put your peppers in a casserole dish.

Stuff the meat and rice mixture into them.

Place in a preheated 375 degree oven and cook for about 20 minutes.

Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until tops start to brown.

Remove from oven.

Serve.

Enjoy and look for a great cupcake post tomorrow. Toodles! xx

Photos missing due to a G+ incident. They will be replace soon.

Comments

Karen (delightful bites) says:

I love stuffed peppers!! I will have to show you mine — I'll try to make it sometime soon and post it…be on the lookout! :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch says:

Stuffed peppers are so pretty! I love the use of the pepper as the bowl :) I've never made stuffed peppers like this, with the rice precooked, but I love this idea!! Hmm…I think bell peppers are on sale this week too :) I see stuffed peppers on the menu for sure!

Kim Bee says:

Karen I will keep my eyes peeled for yours. I'd like to try them again with stuffing perhaps. I think this is a recipe I'll be playing with alot. So good.

Andrea- first time I've done them so I was clueless. When all else fails I grab my joy of cooking cookbook. I'm with you on the bowl idea. Anything you can eat out of just looks so good.But these tasted incredible too so huge bonus.

Cheryl and Adam @ pictureperfectmeals.com says:

Adam never met a stuffed pepper he din;t like and he's eaten them the world over! I'm sure he's going to devour these as well. Nice recipe!

Kim Bee says:

Lol Cheryl. I was so pleased with the taste. But I had nothing to compare it to. I've never had or made them. For a rookie they seemed really good. I love the steaming process,the colour just pops. Love your blog. Tried to follow you on twitter but it wouldn't link through. Will try again later.

Jennifer says:

That is so pretty Kim. I haven't made them for ages. Time to do them again!

Kim Bee says:

Thanks Jen! I really enjoyed them. Might try doing some with sausage and stuffing in them. I love the pic where you see the steam coming up from the pan. Looked so cool. Lol!

Torviewtoronto says:

these look fabulous Kim nice to meet you following you too

Thanks so much. Always happy to have more foodie friends.