Chocolate Cherry Clafouti

Hi folks. Quick post. Way behind and tired. So quick life update and then a recipe.

Life update- nothing new to report. MY LIFE IS BORING!

Okay on to the recipe.

Chocolate Cherry Clafouti:

Source: The Splendid Spoonful

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

15 ounces pitted bing cherries

4 large eggs

1 cup milk

3/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Take 1 tablespoon of your butter and grease a pan, I used spring form pan.

Toss the chocolate chips on the bottom.

Toss the pitted cherries on the bottom.

Use your food processor and add all your other ingredients and pulse until well blended.

Pour over the chocolate and cherries.

Bake on middle rack for about 50 to 55 minutes. Should puff and go golden.

Remove and cool for about 10 to 15 minutes.

You can serve it now, I would dust the top with powdered/confectioners sugar. Looks very pretty.

Enjoy!

Photos missing due to a G+ incident. Will be restored soon!

So it took me four attempts to take pics. It was too dark last night. So I went outside today but it was so hot it melted the sugar and ruined the shot with shadows. I could not get a good pic. I’d like to submit to photo sites but I really suck at taking pictures. I need to study up. I put so much into the food and the pics do not do them justice. *sigh*

Okay folks, I gotta get some sleep. Edema is better so I get to get back to real life tomorrow. Woot woot.

Toodles and smoochies. xx

Comments

1. Emily Malloy says

My great grandmother has a very similar recipe. Oh, how I miss eating hers! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

2. Pretend Chef says

I need to invest in a new camera. My old point and shoot just doesn't do my food justice. This looks delicious no less especially the last night and where you were last night shot. Haha! I'd love a slice right now. Yummy!

3. Samantha says

Greetings from VoiceBoks! Your site looks delicious!! You can expect me to come visit your site everyday :)

4. Kim Bee says

Dzoli- My thoughts exactly!

Nishana- Thanks!

Emily- I love when food brings back memories of childhood. Best compliment a cook can get. Thanks!

Pretend Chef- I need to read the manual of mine. I think it is capable of better shots, just the person working is incapable of reading the manual.Lol! Thanks for stopping by.

Samantha- Thanks and yeah, love more people visiting.

SavithaRaj- Thanks!

About a Mom- Thanks so much!

5. Ann says

Oooh….Kim! I LOVE Cherry Clafoutis! You made it with chocolate? Be still my beating heart! How clever and delicious!

6. Kim Bee says

Yup, the only thing I was missing was pistachios. That would have made it the perfect trio. Thanks. I had a cool cookbook I had never made anything out of so pulled it out in a fit of baking withdrawals. lol