Rainier Cherry Pops

Okay I am back with a recipe for you folks. I know I just posted farm fresh fridays but I like to do that it in it’s own post. Plus I had so much to say. Sorry about that. I got all gabby on ya. So this one will be quick. *hysterical laughter all around*At the market they had rainier cherries, which I absolutely love. Like mad, crazy love. Like I will knock an old lady out of the way and fight her for the last 2 bags kind of love. Not that I did or anything. Or at least you can’t prove it. *thinks hard as to whether the store has security cameras* And yes I bought two bags. We’re a family of 4 so it’s justified. I  mean I don’t let anyone else eat them or anything but I *could* use that as a defence in court I am sure.Anyhow…. I came home and ate a whole bag  thought about what I’d like to make with them. I had to do a recipe, I could not just eat them all in one sitting let them go to waste. So I ate a few more thought really hard and came up with popsicles. I know right, I am a genius. Out of ALL the possibilities out there and I come back with popsicles, I mean sign me up for Iron Chef immediately or Next Food Network Star. I mean that is really thinking out of the box people. I should be a millionaire or gazillionaire by now. How do I come up with these things? The mind boggles, Mensa is contacting me as we speak here folks. So here it is. Revel in it, behold it, bow in ….okay whatever, it’s popsicles for crying out loud. Enjoy!Rainier Cherry Pops:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon corn syrup
2 cups rainier cherries, pitted
1 cup plain yogurt

Directions:

Make your simple syrup ahead so it has time to cool. Place sugar, water and corn syrup in a pot and cook over medium to low heat until sugar dissolves. Let cool.

Cut up and pit your cherries.

Pour everything in a food processor and pulse until you are happy with the consistency of it.

Pour into popsicle moulds.

Freeze for at least 4 hours.

Remove from freezer and serve with a smile.

Yup, I rock! Old ladies ain’t got nothing on me.

Photos missing due to a G+ incident. Will be restored soon.

Comments

1. grace says

oh, cherries. i love the real thing, but the candies and other things made with artificial flavor are downright nasty, have you noticed? excellent popsicles!

2. Kim-A Creative Spirit says

OH my these look soooo yummy. I was SOOOOO bummed that the only Ranier's my local store had were WAY past their prime…. Hoping to stop back in a couple of days and get more… they are NATURE'S Gold….

3. Ann says

Wow – these look SO good! I love Ranier cherries as well. So many people overlook them for dark cherries…they don't know what they're missing!

4. Kim Bee says

Grace- Same here. They aren't out for long here but I go nuts while they are here. So good. Nothing like fresh cherries in any recipe.

Kim- These are the first I've seen here. Might hit costco as they usually have big tubs of them when they are out. They are so amazing. I totally agree, nature' gold for sure.

Ann- Thanks. They are my fave, although anything cherry makes the list. I cannot believe people have not tried them. They are the best variety is you ask me.

Dzoli- There is now. I am singing it now. lol

5. The Harried Cook says

LOL 😀 What a funny post! And those popsicles sound and look great! I love these cherries too… I wonder if it was you vs. me at that supermarket, who would have won 😉 LOL Thanks for sharing, and for making me laugh!

6. Kim Bee says

Lol, I am cracking up. I love to write but things just come out. I never plan my posts ahead, maybe I should, and edit them. I literally cook, eat, type most days. But then crazy stuff flies out of my mouth. Having a ton of fun though. Aren't rainiers amazing? They just speak to me. I ate a whole bag last night and today my tummy is a bit angry about it. lol

7. janet@cupcakestocaviar says

Oooo, now I want cherry popsicles. THESE cherry popsicles. I must go knock down old ladies to buy cherries. It's a moral imperative! In the meantime, I'll just buzz your cherry popsicles

8. Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny says

These look delicious! Perfect snack for this crazy heat wave we've been having! :)

9. Kim Bee says

Janet- It's more fun if you award a point system for people you knock down. Not that I would ever do that. Thanks, these things are so good.

Kelly- Thanks my dear. It is so hot. Thank goodness for ice cream and popsicles.

Carolyn- Thanks. I have to control myself when cherries are in the house. Of course it's better than eating a whole bag of chocolate I suppose.

10. Kim Bee says

Lizzy- Thanks. Just got the mould so this was my first go at them. Had to be cherry.

Giulietta- So good! And so easy.

11. Kim Bee says

briarrose- Very refreshing!

The Farmers Wife- Thanks so much. They are really good.

Lindsey- Thanks so much. I really love these cherries. Any excuse to use them works for me.

12. the Gardener says

Oh, yum! I love Rainier cherries too and will definitely try this recipe (if I can stop eating them out of the bag, but no promises, because I have really poor self control!). Thanks Kim!