Quick and Easy Garlic Bread

Easy Garlic Bread | Cravings of a Lunatic | Easy to make garlic bread. cooked on the grill.
Hi folks. Another quick post as we need to head to the barn to visit horsey. Mini-me has not ridden her much this week as horsey’s feet needed to be done then once they were done we gave her a couple days off. Her toesies were a bit long so good to give her a break as it was a good trim. Let her have time to adjust. So today we need to haul butt and get mini-me’s butt in the saddle before she goes to work.So this is just an easy peasy way to have some garlic bread/toast with dinner. I was rushed the other night so I whipped up a delicious meal in under 20 minutes. Steak, bread, and corn all in that time. Sometimes you just don’t need a lot of fuss. Keep it simple so you can enjoy your day. I am all for home made long drawn out elaborate meals just like any foodie. But not every day. I have a life, kids, pets, a hubs, and I like to reserve some time for important things, like watching the real housewives of new york or new jersey. Or really pull out the stops and reserve my time for the all important Kardashians. I mean priorities people. This is riveting stuff.

Quick and Easy Garlic Bread:

Ingredients:

1 baguette, cut it into toast like pieces
Olive oil, I used about 1/4 cup
Garlic powder to taste

Directions:

Make sure your grill is hot. Then turn off one side of it so you have indirect heat.

Cut up your baguette into slice, just like bread.

Put on a plate or board. This will get messy.

Drizzle olive oil over the tops generously and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes to soak in.

Sprinkle garlic powder over top.

Place over indirect heat on your grill.

Close the lid and let cook for about 5 to 8 minutes depending how hot your grill is.

Remove and serve.

Hope you try this out. So easy and so good. You will want to kiss me. But don’t cuz your breath is totally garlicky right now.

If you want to add some zip to it, top it with my spicy sorta pesto/sorta salsa! Click photo to get the recipe!

Toodles and garlic smoochies! xx

Comments

1. Dzoli says

I love eating garlic.Funny thing is :you can buy here garlic full net(15 pcs smaller) vfor couple of dollars.If you buy NZ you can't even buy one pc.And that is why I grow my own:)And corn.But not steak:)

2. Anne@frommysweetheart says

Kim….so simple and savory. I don't wait for an Italian meal to serve it. It goes perfectly with those gorgeous rib eye steaks you already posted! I think I could eat half the loaf! : )

3. Kim Bee says

@Amy- I love corn prongs. I am always hunting for interesting ones. They tend to break so quickly. Maybe I am just tough on my corn. Lol!

@Dzoli- Love garlic. I want to grow it next year. I miss my garden. We need to really look into how to get a garden here. We have a huge yard and could put a huge one but light is a problem. We live in an older neighbourhood so there are way too many mature trees. I need to get creative.

@Anne- I could eat garlic bread every day. And pretty much do. The whole family loves it.

4. Michelle O says

How is it that I just learned from this post that you can GROW garlic. My boyfriend grows everything! We missed the garlic boat this summer. BTW i could eat "quick and easy" garlic bread for breakfast lunch and dinner! Hope youre having a good weekend :)

5. Kim Bee says

Roflmao, yes you can grow your own garlic.Here in Canada you plant in the fall. I may try and get organized to put some in. It's pretty easy to grow. I did it at my last house. Tell him to see whether you start in fall there as well. Don't miss the garlic boat. Lol! We eat way too much garlic but it's so good. Hope you are enjoying your weekend too.

6. Kim Bee says

@Curt- Quick and easy, easy peasy, my way of life these days. Lol

@Ann- I put the bread on too early last time and wrecked a batch. Such a garlicky bummer.

7. Sandra says

:))) yea I do agree, your plate look so good, I would much on those food choices every day:)) Great garlic bread recipe too!

8. emily says

I tried taking the easy way out by buying garlic bread from Trader Joe's….it was awful. But this looks simple enough and delicious!
    Thanks for the recipe!

9. Cheryl and Adam @ pictureperfectmeals.com says

Grilled bread is one of the great pleasures in life. This is the perfect accompaniment to just about any dinner! Congrats on the Top 9, well deserved!

10. Sis. Boom. says

Congrats for the Top 9 on this. I have just recently begun grilling bread 'cause 1) it is so easy and tasty on its own but 2) it makes whatever you put on it special. I love being reminded of how simple and elegant some things can be. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Look from some grilled garlicy bread soon!