This is a great way to make really good, full flavoured pizza sauce in your slow cooker. It’s a fabulous sauce.
Hi folks. Hope everyone is enjoying their *cough* Saturday. I love *cough* Saturdays. I mean don’t you just love *cough* weekends. I find them so relaxing. Luckily I was all prepared and had this post ready for *cough* Saturday. I mean I am nothing if not *cough* organized.
Okay, okay so it isn’t officially Saturday. But I’ll make it up for it with this yummy sauce. I hope I’m forgiven.
Okay so confession time. I usually buy my pizza sauce. Not always but often. I suppose I just figure all the other work I put in making the dough, cutting up all the ingredients, shredding oodles of cheese should be enough. Every now and then I cave and make it from scratch. I like mine super sweet though so feel free to adjust the sugar. I won’t be offended. I mean after all it is *cough* Saturday so I’m all chill and stuff.
We’re calling this one “Sweetums Pizza Sauce”!
(My sister will be laughing now as that’s one of her nicknames for me! The sweetums part, not pizza sauce cuz that would be weird!)
- 3 cans of whole, peeled tomatoes (28 fl oz/796 ml)
- 1 can tomato paste (5.5 fl oz/156 ml)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar (or a truckload if you are like me and just keep adding more as the day goes on)
- 4 bay leaves
- Toss everything in your slow cooker and turn on low.
- Cook for about 6 to 8 hours. Stir occasionally.
- If you find it getting too thick just add a little water and stir it in.
- Once it’s done remove your bay leaves and you’re good to load this on some pizza.
- You can store it in the fridge for a few days.
- You can store it in the freezer for a couple of months. Freezes nicely.
I know right!! You are just loving *cough* Saturday pizza night too right now.
Other Pizza Recipes from Cravings of a Lunatic:
Candied Bacon and Candied Tomato Pizza, pictured below:
Bacon Pizza Bites, pictured below:
Antipasto Pizza, pictured below:
Panzerotti aka Deep Fried Pizza, pictured below
Cherry Cobbler Pizza aka Dessert Pizza, pictured below:
Toodles and smoochies! xx