Hi folks. Just a quickie post as I am running around like, well… a lunatic today. I have pizza dough going in both the bread machines, tacos cooking up for lunch, might make either pizza or roast for dinner (still deciding) making a cool garlic bread for later, plus doing some baking for an upcoming post. Plus need to head out to see horsey so yup, crazed. All this has to be done before 8 pm tonight as it’s the Survivor finale. I never miss Survivor, especially the finale. Needless to say I’ve packed too much into a day as per usual. Thank the heavens for Pepsi, amen sistah!
I took yesterday off other than popping up a quick post. I just needed a day off. So forgive me for lack of commenting if you’re a fellow blogger. Sometimes you just need a day to do other things. I went up to see my aunt who is in palliative care. Had not been up in quite some time. She slept the whole time I was there. I was able to visit with my cousin who is there pretty much around the clock. My heart hurts for him, I know how hard this is to do after caring for my father when he was terminal. It was an emotional day but I am glad I went. Sometimes you just need to put yourself out there for other people. I adore my cousin and am glad I took the time to stop in. Hard to see my aunt so frail, I hope she is at peace soon.
Hope everyone is ready for Christmas. We are NOT! Not even a little. No tree, house not decorated, shopping not done. Yup, total slackers. I think the plan is tomorrow. Now that the kids are done school we can get things done. I think we’ll finish shopping during the day then go get the tree late afternoon. We always have a nice big dinner the day we do the tree so maybe a roast or chicken would be fun. Will take pics I promise.
Okay so later today I have a fantastic FUN WITH JARS FRIDAY for you. It took me awhile to put this one together so it’s going up late. Will be up by days end. I also have SLOW COOKER SATURDAY for you later tonight. Then a fabulous ICE CREAM SUNDAYS by days end as well. This one is really good. I am so excited to show you. This week I have some really incredible Christmas traditions to share with you.
Alrighty roo I am off to get stuff done. Enjoy your day, and make some bark!!!
- 12 ounces of semi sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ¾ to 1 cup shredded coconut
- Bring some water to a boil in a pot. Lower it to a simmer and place a heat proof glass bowl over top of the water but no touching it.
- Now add your chocolate to the bowl.
- Stir often until all the chocolate melts.
- Add the coconut extract after removing the bowl from the heat.
- Stir well, then pour into an 8 x 8 parchment lined pan.
- Toss the coconut over top.
- Pop it in the fridge to set. Takes an hour or two.
- Remove from fridge and either break apart by hand or cut it. I prefer rough edges so I break by hand.
- Can be given away as gifts or eaten up all my your little old self.
This post is part of Christmaspalooza 2011!
Toodles and smoochies! xx