Hi folks. I don’t know about you all but I am going to have to join a gym after Christmas. It’s like a bakery here these days. Except I don’t have customers and am scarfing all the food myself. Not cool. I’ll have to invest in all new clothes soon. Yet somehow I do not feel even a little bit bad. It’s Christmas, part of the fun is baking, cooking and enjoying the things you cook and bake. Otherwise what’s the point.
Today me and mini-me hit the mall, Costco and Petsmart to try and finish up some shopping. Mission not accomplished so I’ll have to buzz back out for 2 more things on Thursday. But they are easy peasy gifts so won’t be a big deal. We did not spend much this year. You know, layoff and all. Seemed like a good idea to go easy this year. B is up there right now finishing his shopping. I don’t envy him, I would imagine it’s a zoo there tonight.
We did go get trees last night. I’ll post some pics tomorrow. We decorated the upstairs tree last night. We have not done the downstairs one though. That requires gingerbread cookies in massive quantities. The rule with the downstairs tree has always been hand made ornaments only. So we are decorating cookies tomorrow morning. I’ll be sure to post the results as well as some tree pictures. Still have to decorate the house up a bit. I shall do that tonight. We sure are late to the party. I think I’ll be forgiven though. After all look what I brought with me!!!
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pinch vanilla salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In your stand mixer combine whole milk, sugar, and salt. Mix on medium speed until sugar dissolves.
- Now add your molasses, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Mix again for a couple of minutes.
- Now add your heavy cream and vanilla. Mix for a few minutes more.
- Cover the bowl and stick in fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Now transfer the liquid to your FROZEN ICE CREAM FREEZER BOWL. Set the bowl on the machine. Turn on and let it go until mixture is thick which takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can serve immediately or pop it in the freezer until ready to serve. Just make sure you take it out about 10 or so minutes before serving.
- You can rim your bowl, mug or whatever you are serving it inside of with brown sugar. I wet the rim with corn syrup, then dipped in light brown sugar, then edible gold glitter.
- Serve with a smile.
Toodles and smoochies! xx