Hi folks. I know this looks really good, I know you are in awe of my awesomeness, I know you are probably wondering how we can eat ice cream when it’s so freaking cold outside. It is a hard concept. All I can tell you is it’s warm and toasty in the house. So that’s the loophole. See you now know the secret of the universe. I probably should have kept that to myself. Er, forget I said anything. There’s no loophole. Hey what’s that behind you??? *tries to edit quickly*
We went out to the barn today to see horsey. I was so pleased when the farrier turned up. Not because he’s a total cutie patootie (cuz he totally is) but because he brought his girlfriend with him. His lovely girlfriend is an old friend of mine and mini-me’s from the days when we first boarded our horse. Mr Cutie Patootie walked in and when I stopped staring looked around there was his darling girlfriend. I adore this girl and have such fond memories of her from years past. She is older than mini-me but she was one of the only ones who didn’t care about stuff like that and took mini-me under her wing and made her feel welcome. Mini-me is very shy. Back then she was uber shy. This young gal made sure to always talk to her and I remember finding them sitting under a tree outside talking one day. I am ever grateful to Anna-Marie for always being kind to my daughter. I had not seen her in years. We keep in touch via facebook but that’s not the same. So today was a wonderful day where I got to catch up with an old friend. Love days like that. Doesn’t hurt to have some eye candy wandering around in the background either let me tell you. So now that I’ve fully embarrassed myself and can never show my face at the barn again here’s some other eye candy for you.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- Dash of vanilla salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 and ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a stand mixer combine the sugar, whole milk and salt. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Now add the heavy cream, pecans, vanilla and butter. Mix again for a few minutes.
- Cover and stick in your fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and transfer liquid to your FROZEN ice cream maker bowl. Set the bowl on to the machine.
- Turn on and let it churn for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can serve immediately or stick it in the freezer until you are ready to serve it.
- If you freeze it make sure you take it out about 5 to 10 minutes before you want to scoop it.
- Serve with a big smile.
Source: Cuisinart Recipe Booklet
Moral of today’s story:
Eat a lot of ice cream even when it’s cold, unless you are a farrier cuz you are going to bend over a lot in front of lots of silly women and we want you looking fine and svelte for us. Yes it’s a double standard. I’m okay with that.
Toodles and smoochies.xx