Hi folks. Want a bite?
It’s really good.
I ate three just while I took the photos.
Let’s not even talk about how many I ate after.
So the photos are not stellar. But the sandwich is. I can assure you of that. Cuz I ate 5. So I am an expert. Okay so maybe 6. Supreme expert then right.
This is a simple recipe. I just used a small roast and a few ingredients. You can enhance this by searing your meat before you pop it in the slow cooker. You do not have to if you do not have time. But coming from the expert I say do it. The extra 10 minutes will pay off later when you eat 8 of these. Not that I would ever eat 8 of these, 7 maybe but never 8. I have limits.
Okay so we’ve decided you are searing this and eating 8 of them. Now off you go. Get in that kitchen and set it and forget it. Gotta love slow cookers. They work their little tails off. Not that they have tails. Well, I mean they kind of do. I suppose the cord could be considered a tail. Hm.
Apparently I forgot to take my meds today. The mind wanders. Sorry. Now go make Mini Pulled Beef and Shallot Sandwiches. And eat 9 of them.
- 2 pound blade roast
- Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- +Mini burger buns or rolls
- Chop up your shallots. Set aside.
- Take a good quality pan and place it over medium-high heat, spray with a little non stick spray, and add a little olive oil to the pan. Let it get hot. Now carefully place the meat in the pan and brown all sides of it. I use tongs and a splatter screen to make life easier and less painful.
- Once it is ready place it in your slow cooker.
- Now in the same pan add some olive oil and toss in your shallots. You want to cook them long enough that they just start to brown up a little bit. Now slide these into the slow cooker on top of the meat.
- In the same pan again, pour your water and bouillon and bring it to a boil. As it is boiling scrape you pan to get off all the bits and pieces the roast and shallots left. That is where your extra flavor is. It’s a step worth taking. Once it’s boiled and scraped pour it in the slow cooker.
- Add some salt to the slow cooker.
- Now cook it on low for about 5 to 6 hours. Keep a close eye on it as every slow cooker is different. I would start checking it at 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it’s done pour your BBQ sauce in it, stir and let it cook for the remaining time.
- If for some reason it’s not thick enough for your liking pop it in a pan and fry it over medium heat until it thickens up. Uncovered seems to thicken better.
- Once it’s ready you can scoop it out and pop it on mini burger buns or rolls. I used mini rolls and they were fab.
- Serve with a messy smile.
So good. I mean get the camera dirty and drop food all over the floor kind of good. Not that I did that or anything. I am a professional after all.
A word of advice from the expert, if you pile them this high you only need to eat 5….cuz they’re twice a big. See…total professional!
Toodles and smoochies! xx