Foodie Penpals

Hi folks.

So this was my first month participating in the foodie penpal group. It’s run by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean. It is a group of people who once a month send other foodies care packages. I thought it was such a cute and fun idea I just had to join. If you’d like to join you should contact Lindsay to sign up.

I was sent this amazing package by Andre-Marc Pierre. He does not have a food website but is a fellow foodie. He was super nice and we chatted during some emails. I told him I love junk food and he went for it. So thanks so much Andre-Marc. This was a delicious package. He also included a t-shirt with my blog name on it with a design that made me happy as a clam. Here’s what he sent me. You’ll see why I was so thrilled.

As you can see he went above and beyond. I thought the shirt was a nice touch. Cannot thank him enough. And so glad mini-me was available to model it for me. You know me and pictures.

I sent my package to a nice lady named Alison who has her site at Lublink.org. Her and her hubby are off on an adventure soon that sounds so amazing. She’s a sweet gal and I enjoyed getting to know her better.

So till next month when we do this again.

Comments

Love the shirt!!! It’s completely genius!

That. shirt. IS AWESOME!

Don’tcha just love when people just do super cool, nice stuff, outta nowhere? How cool is that !? I want that Tshirt !!! Share with sugar bear.

I have seriously not seen the Vachon caramel sugar-ness since high school. Now I am drooling. Oh, those things saved us all at lunch time didn’t they? And snack. And breakfast. And after school.

Thanks for the craving, brat. Pffft. *_*.

Lynne xx

• 6
      Kim Bee says:

I know, I was floored. I could rip it half. We’d start a trend.

Vachon rocks. Coolest stuff evah! Great late night snack.

You are most welcome. I aim to please.

Moi
      xx

Now that T-shirt is too cool!! What a great idea!! I know you loved your package. :)

I want that shirt! You should totally have some printed and sell them! I bet they’d go like hotcakes! Love it!!!!!

• 10
      Kim Bee says:

Lol it sure is cool. I want one that looks more me though. You know, blonde bombshell with attitude holding turtles perhaps.

What a great idea! I’d love to be a part of something like this!

You lucky gal, you! Looks like Andre-Marc totally went above and beyond.
    My inner French-Canadian is positively over the moon at the sight of a box of good ol’ Mae Wests. (I think they qualify as the unofficial breakfast food of Quebeckers, particularly if accompanied by a pack of smokes and a Pepsi… heh.)

• 14
      Kim Bee says:

I know right. My dad used to bring home boxes of Mae’s ever time we went to Quebec. Along with hordes of smoked meat and St Hubert sauce. I don’t do the smokes but the pepsi is intact and permanently joined to my hip, or hand so to speak.

That is very, very, very cute. What a thoughtful foodie you got in your new foodie penpal!

You have certainly had a wonderful time with this package – a most generous foodie pen pal gesture :)
    Great things, especially that T :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

I can’t believe he made you a personalized shirt–that’s fabulous! You got a batch of wonderfully vintage-looking goodies.

Awww, that is the cutest box ever! :) Love the shirt.

that shirt is adorable!! love it!

The gift change idea is so fun! It’s very nice of him that he made the t-shirt with your blog name in it. I’d love the surprise. :-)

• 26
      Kim Bee says:

It is so much fun. I am so glad I joined. He went above and beyond. So happy with this shirt.

How fun! How in the heck did he come up with that shirt? That’s so great!!!

• 28
      Kim Bee says:

I know right. This is the idea behind a logo I have in mind. I’ve been dying to have one done.

The shirt?! Way too cool!

SO much fun! What neat surprises you received! I’m hoping to join in once life slows down…does it ever????? Hope you’re having a good week! xx

• 32
      Kim Bee says:

I loved getting this package. So much fun. You must join my dear. Life does not ever slow down. Usually it’s just speeding up. Having a great week. Hope your weekend rocks.

That shirt is great!

I signed up for this! I get my first assignment on monday :)

• 36
      Kim Bee says:

Yah Angie. You will love it. So much fun to shop for fellow foodies. It’s such a fun program.

Saturday… not monday lol

Ahh caramels – YUM! those are a regular thing in our home. That T-shirt is awesome!!! I love it

• 40
      Kim Bee says:

I don’t buy those ones often but on occasion. They are so good though. I may have to put them higher on the list of snack choices. I was so surprised about the t-shirt. Such a lovely gesture. I was so touched.

This is so awesome! LOVE the t-shirt!

Love the shirt too!! I want one hahaha And I feel soooo special! Thanks for featuring mee :))))