May Foodie Penpal

Hi folks.

Okay first I apologize for the horrendous lighting in the photos. I meant to take more photos in softer light but the hooligans ate everything before I got around to it. One thing disappeared…then another…then another...and the plans to reshoot the pics went up in smoke.

My package this month came from Heather who blogs at Free Range Kitchen. Heather was super nice and went above and beyond with her package. So much homemade goodness I almost passed out. Everything was packaged up beautifully. All the treats were incredible. I cannot thank her enough for this amazing foodie package. Make sure you stop by Heather’s blog and say hello. She has some fabulous recipes and I enjoy peeking into life on the farm. You all know I secretly, or not so secretly, want to live on one. Instead I’m stuck in suburbia and visit the country each day when I go see horsey. One day I hope to have my own place with lots of horseys for horsey to play with.

For those unfamiliar with Foodie Penpals, it is run by Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean. She organizes a massive group of foodies who all send each packages once a month. It’s such a cool idea and I’ve enjoyed myself immensely doing it. This is my second month participating. If you are interested in joining please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Lindsay and find out more about this wonderful program. You will be happy you did. While you’re there poke around a little bit. Lindsay is an amazing health blogger who will help inspire you to eat right and exercise. You, not me, apparently no one seems to be able to stop my sugar rush. At this point I think I may have sugar running through my veins.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I am at home with a house full of teenagers. Well technically most are adults. Mini-me is 18, most of her buds are 19. I did however ban alcohol. Coming from my background I just am not ready for that yet. So it’s a mellow party and sleepover. The dudes were suppose to sleep outside but rain seems to be threatening so I think we’ll have half of them upstairs and half downstairs. I’ll be sure to be up all night making sure they behave. It’s what us moms do. So tomorrow if I write anything stupid or make no sense (more than usual!) you’ll know why.

Be sure to visit some of the other fabulous blogs who took part in the Foodie Penpals this month. There’s some wonderful bloggers participating each month. Spread the word, and the love.

The Lean Green Bean

Comments

Wowsa! She hooked you up!!! Love foodie pen pals!!!

• 2
      Kim Bee says:

I know right. I got so much good stuff I could barely believe my eyes. Luckily I snapped a few pics before the hooligans ran off with it all.

What a great idea! I’m going to look into it myself.

• 4
      Kim Bee says:

You should Maureen. It’s so much fun. Although I need to be better at sending them on the right day. I usually forget then pay quadruple for postage cuz I got busy. I need to learn not to procrastinate.

foodie penpals! what an amazing idea! also, that is the worst thing about food photography. half the time it’s gone before i even get my camera!

• 6
      Kim Bee says:

It really is a cool group. I really enjoy participating each month. I tell you if I could just get the shots with the hooligans gone I’d be okay. But someone is always trying to grab the food before I get the right shot. Or I leave a big note saying “do not eat me” and they eat it anyway. Lol.

I love the idea. You really lucked out with these goodies. I love that she sent you home baked goods. :)

I love that you said she sent you a lot of homemade stuff. To me, that would be the fun of the program. I hope you enjoyed it…or the kids did! :)

• 10
      Kim Bee says:

I was so happy to get this. She really went above and beyond. Everything was delish. Mini-me loved the fruit roll up. She was so impressed with it.

You definitely got some great goodies! Good luck with the sleepover =)

• 12
      Kim Bee says:

I really lucked out this month. She hooked me up big time. Everyone is still alive and happy so I think it was a huge success. The house is trashed though. Lol!

Sounds like a great idea!

• 14
      Kim Bee says:

It really is a cool group. Have you joined yet? I wish they intermingle Canada and the states though. Would be cool to occasionally get paired with some of my American blogging buddies. But I suppose logistically it could be a challenge.

This all looks amazing! I am jealous of the goodies. You totally scored.

Wow! That is an awesome care package! Your foodie pen pal really outdid herself!! What a great idea too, I love the idea of foodie pen pals– that sounds like so much fun. :)

This is a great idea and I’d love to join…maybe when I have a little more time (I might forget to send with my busy schedule with kids!). It’s so fun to receive something unexpected and unusual. I love surprises! Thanks for sharing!

Oooh, you got such fun loot! This is something I’d love to do, too, but I think I actually need to drop some of the blogging groups I belong to instead of adding more! I still refer to my OLD kids as my children…makes me not feel so ancient ;) Hope you’re feeling good as new!!!! xx

• 22
      Kim Bee says:

I feel you. I am doing way too much right now. And I did drop some stuff. Have no idea how to keep all the balls in the air.

Your pen pal does look like they have have an eye for what you would like! However, with a house full of teenagers I do wonder what you actually managed to save for yourself.
    Always fun to get packages in the mail, especially ones like this. Enjoy the weekend!

What an awesome haul you got this month, Kim! I’m sooo jealous. Those creamy dill chips look downright evil… I have a feeling I could inhale a whole bag of those in 10 seconds flat. (Guess it’s a good thing I’ve never seen them before, eh?)
    Hope the sleepover party went well. :)

• 26
      Kim Bee says:

Lol thanks Isabelle. Everything was incredible. The family was like vultures hovering over the stuff.

Sleepover a success. Aside from it being held indoors due to rain and mini-me getting violently ill the next day. But still, huge success. Lol.

Very cool. How fun to get such a great package.

I had to take a break in May for this but I cannot wait for June. Love the homemade goodies.

• 30
      Kim Bee says:

I know I am chomping at the bit to see who I get. I wish they’d let us cross the border with picks. Would be cool to get some of my American buds.

Debra Kapellakis says:

I am so envious of the Dill pickle chips. I took road trips to Canada in my younger years. I always took those back home with me. Fnatastic looking package, BRAVO!