Rolo Parfaits

Hi folks.

Okay so yesterday I told you the story of our Wild Cherry Pepsi incident. So I thought today I would tell you about what happened at the barn yesterday. Right now I’m sporting a sore noggin, a sore wrist, a sore knee, a swollen ankle and my elbow is so sore I cannot move my arm. I know what you’re thinking right now. You’re thinking “oh em gee, she fell off her horse”. Am I right? Well that would be a big old negative on that one. I have not ridden my horse in forever and a day. Mini-me rides her and I sort of hang back and watch these days. I used to ride a lot. I also fell off a lot. But that is NOT what happened yesterday.

This is what happened. We went to get her from the paddock. For those unfamiliar that’s just a fenced piece of grass where horses hang out outside. Mini-me and myself were gabbing. Quite likely laughing and being silly as we are most days. Next thing you know I’m basically standing on my head in an extreme weird yoga type position. My foot was lodged in a hole and I could not shake it loose. So instead of falling flat-out like I normally do, I folded in half then slid on my face forwards. Yup, it was really pleasant. I then tried to get up with the owners dog thinking I was playing some sort of game. Luckily mini-me grabbed the dog while I tried to nonchalantly get up. The owners daughter who is friends with mini-me came over to see if I was okay and was worried the dog had knocked me down. I assured her that he did not, I just fall over my own feet at least once a week. Usually in front of lots of people. Usually resulting in many injuries. So we stood around and talked about fly spray and the weather while I wondered how many stitches I would need and whether my face was covered in dirt and swelling at an alarming rate. And me being, well, me, acted like nothing happened. Within an hour my head was killing me. I’m now sporting bruises and swelling everywhere possible. I am also laughing at how it must have looked with my feet firmly planted on the ground, head planted on the ground and my arse up in the air. If only there were pictures. Luckily there are not. Only the painful, embarrassing blow to my ego.

So for all you klutzes out there. Here’s something to make up for your inability to walk upright. If you’re anything like me chocolate can heal and solve all of life’s problems. Okay, so maybe not an allergy to chocolate. But certainly everything else!

4.8 from 6 reviews
Rolo Parfaits
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert, Chocolate
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 4

Easy to make parfait.
  • 4 cups leftover cake or store bought cake
  • 1 package (113 g) of jello chocolate pudding
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 container of cool whip
  • 1 bag of mini rolos
  1. Cut your cake into small cubes.
  2. Prepare your jello according to the directions. (basically it's 2 cups of milk, the package of jello and whisk)
  3. Cut up your mini rolos into smaller pieces.
  4. Now start to layer your parfaits, feel free to use regular glasses if you do not have parfait glasses. Or mason jars, or even small bowls.
  5. Start by using half your cake and layer into the bottom.
  6. Add a layer of pudding, reserving half for the next layer.
  7. Add a layer of rolos, reserving ⅔ for the next layer and garnish.
  8. Add a layer of whipped cream.
  9. Now start over with a layer of cake.
  10. Add a layer of pudding.
  11. Add a layer of rolos, reserve some for garnish.
  12. Add a layer of whipped cream.
  13. Top with leftover rolos for garnish.
  14. Serve with a big old rolo smile!
You can use homemade cake if you like. I happened to have a cake I wasn't happy with and needed to use it up for something else. You can use homemade pudding if you like. You can use homemade whipped cream if you like. You can also substitute any type of candy into this.

So good and makes a bad day better. I used up stuff I had on hand but if you want to knock yourself out and do it all by scratch have at it. I love homemade too but some days you just want quick stuff. This was one of those times. Never feel bad about it. Cooking is a personal thing. If you have oodles of time to make everything with fresh ingredients that’s fabulous. If you are a busy person who falls down a lot it’s okay to use pre-made things and do semi-homemade recipes. There’s nothing wrong with doing that. Especially if you’re on your way to the clinic to make sure you did not break your noggin. Some things are more important than homemade whipped cream. Like not having a head injury. See, it’s all about perspective.

Tune in tomorrow when I fill you in on the cake that kicked a Lunatic’s ass and won. What an adventure this one has been. Cannot wait to share it with you.

Also there’s something called Art in the Park here in a couple of weeks. So when I go I’ll take some photos for you. Remind me to tell you the story of the lady who almost impaled herself at Art in the Park.

What?

It wasn’t me.

Really.

Seriously.

Okay, so it was me.

I told you, I fall down a lot!

Comments

Your parfaits do look tasty. It has been ages since I have had a rolo, but by the looks of this that will be changing! Creative and delicious.
    Also, I am wondering about the cake beat down, so I will stay tuned in!

• 2
      Kim Bee says:

Thanks Tina. We got a bag at the movies so I decided to put them to good use.

Oh it kicked my butt something awful.

Oh no you didn’t. These parfaits look deliciously dangerous! What a great idea. And I agree, semi-homemade is the way to go sometimes.

Also, this makes me laugh because I’m a huge klutz — mostly in the kitchen. I managed to cut myself and rip my sweatpants in one evening — I might have even burned myself too.

• 4
      Kim Bee says:

Yup I totally did. They are so good. I like quick on those occasions where the room is spinning.

That is me in the kitchen too. Not a day goes by without something weird going on.

You pooooor thing!!!!

Also, I used to have a bag of mini rolos, so I totally could have made these. Only I ate them rather than using them in an actual recipe like they are intended to be used for.

So, now I have to go get mini rolos.

Hope you are feeling better! I am a completely clutz, so I can totally relate!
    These parfaits look insanely good! I wish I had one right now for dessert!

I saw these. All over pinterest. Had no idea they were yours. Apparently, I don’t have my priorities right. Must check here first and THEN pinterest. It will save my wondering who has been making Rolo Parfaits and other decadent desserts. Hope you see tons of traffic from these…they are great!

• 10
      Kim Bee says:

I am appalled Kristen, you should know my work by now. Okay so I bet if they had been Turtle ones you would have known so I forgive you. These were super yummy.

Oh you poor thing… what a terrible fall! Hope you are feeling better soon enough. Eat an extra one of these fantastic parfaits… you deserve it for all you have been through lately!

• 12
      Kim Bee says:

Thanks Ramona. I fall down a lot. It’s why there’s always baked goods in the house. Lol.

Jennifer says:

Owwiiiieeeess, but chocolate does fix everything… :)

Holy moley! What have you done! These look insanely delicious! LOVE the idea and its so beautifully executed.

Oooh, I hope you’re okay and the bruises and swelling fade quickly. In the mean time, this Rolo Parfait DOES take away the sting…

• 18
      Kim Bee says:

I swear one bruise fades and I fall down again and get another. Such is my life. Luckily that’s why they invented chocolate. It is why right???

On a day-to-day basis I am a very NON klutzy person. Of course that means that when something does happen it’s going to result in a multi-ambulance call or a coma or something. *knocking on wood* I also don’t think I’ve ever had a Rolo but these parfaits look soooo good that I’m sure I’ll like them, whatever they are!

• 20
      Kim Bee says:

I would go broke if an ambulance had to be called each time. I swear I need caution tape around me when I walk. At the very least some airline type person directly people nearby to avoid the path of the crazy lady. You must try rolos. SO good!

Yummmmm those look incredible! Don’t feel bad I’m a major clutz only in front of others as well! Hope you heal quickly!

Chocolate is the perfect cure :) Especially this, this looks fantastic!!

What a week you’ve had! You definitely deserve some chocolate – lots in fact! I love rolos – one of my favorite candies when I was a kid so this parfait definitely speaks to me. Mostly it’s saying “EAT ME NOW OR DIE!” ha ha! Hope your noggin is ok, can’t wait to hear about this cake that whooped ya! XOXO

• 26
      Kim Bee says:

Thanks my dear. I am so bummed about this whole cake fiasco. I swear some recipes just aren’t quite right. Or I’m not quite right. Whatevs.

Those parfaits look like they are to die for .. have one for me. Hope you got checked out and are ok.

Hope you’re feeling better! These parfaits look awesome! I love rolos and love the idea of making them into a parfait. These are so beautiful too– I could totally just dig into one right now, Yum! :)

Oh my goodness!! These sound CRAZY good. I haven’t had a Rolo in about a million years but I would love to have them in this, right now. yum!

• 32
      Kim Bee says:

So good. Rolos are just good fun. We got a free bag with our popcorn purchase at the movies so I put it to good use.

Holy oh em gee indeed!! I so feel your pain- I too am a bonafide klutz. Seriously. I even broke my own nose in high school. Yeah. Good memories ;P

Sure wish I’d had one of these parfaits to drown my sorrows in! Hope you are feeling better and already on the mend!

Yum! Those look so good!

I’ve nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award. See it here: http://treatstrinkets.blogspot.com/2012/05/dark-chocolate-dreams-cupcakes.html#

This looks heavenly!

I’m glad you’re OK! You are OK, aren’t you??? If not, just put your feet up and have one of these phenomenal parfaits. Anything with Rolos is fine by me…and even MORE than fine! YUM!

• 39
      Kim Bee says:

I am perfectly okay now. My arm is still a bit sore but my noggin seems better. Rolos rule. Seriously, so good.

Your parfait would definitely help all bruises, egos and otherwise. Wow, you poor woman.

• 41
      Kim Bee says:

Honestly if it ends up on youtube I will totally die. So embarrassing. How does one fall and end up in a V. I just still shake my banged up little head over this one.

Debra Kapellakis says:

After that if anyone deserves a dessert like that it’s you.

Oh wow! I hope you’re feeling better today and I can totally relate because I’m a klutz myself. I’m forever bumping into things and tripping over things on the floor. I’m always sporting bruises as a result but like you said chocolate can make you forget all. The parfaits look wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

• 45
      Kim Bee says:

Thanks Vicky. I am much better. Nothing much hurting except my arm now. So doing well. Glad to know I am not the only one who is a klutz.

And thanks. These were wicked good.

I hope you feel better, especially after eating these awesome parfaits. If this doesn’t get you better, I don’t know what will!

Ok, you know I love you to death. So I’m really really REALLY glad you’re ok. No one else would ever voluntarily be my twin. But I have to admit to laughing at the mental image my mind conjured up hehe. But hey, if it ended with rolos, pudding and cool whip, how bad could it have been? :-D

• 49
      Kim Bee says:

Lol twin. I am totally fine. Just a little damaged ego is all. I swear I have no idea how I managed to fall like that. Me and mini-me were trying to explain it to hubs and it’s just so hard to explain. “I kind of did a hand stand but my hands weren’t there so it was more of a head stand really, but my feet were still on the ground and my butt was in the air, then I slid like slo-mo forward like a cartoon character” and hubs just stares blankly. He’s convinced you can head stand and have your feet firmly on the ground. Me and mini-me beg to differ.

You had me at rolo! If these don’t make you feel better, I don’t know what will! I hope you are on the mend Kim :)

• 51
      Kim Bee says:

Thanks so much Meghan. Rolos can heal almost anything. The pride is still damaged but I have a 1 ton truck at the ready if I don’t get over it soon.

I hurt myself all of the time. A few weeks ago I had a bruise on my arm the size of a baseball because I ran into a door. Not only did it hurt really bad for about two days but I looked ridiculous for about two weeks. I hope you feel better and know you are not alone!

• 53
      Kim Bee says:

Ah, then I am not the only one who has an evil door. We need to band together, form a superhero group to ward off evil doors, and grass, and holes. Maybe some curbs, and stairs too.

Just wanted to let you know even though it’s still breakfast time … IM DROOLING AT MY DESK. Yum yum yum

Lol, you were correct… that is indeed quite the story. Do you ever wish for a boring life? Good thing you have those rolo parfaits to save the day! It almost rhymes… Anyway! I hope your face is okay!

• 57
      Kim Bee says:

Hellz to the no! Boring is over-rated. And um, boring. Lol. I am all healed up now. Except my wounded pride.

I think my kids would love these.

This looks like a great dessert for Thanksgiving dinner. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Sure thing.