June Foodie Penpal Package

Hi folks.

I have to say I about passed out when I saw what was in my foodie Penpal package this month. Erin outdid herself. I told her I eat like an 8-year-old boy. So she made it her mission to shop like one. The package was hilariously perfect and I was thrilled. Mini-me was in here claiming things before I even took pics. So I had to shove her out of the blog room long enough to snap some photos.

This is what came in my awesome, over the top, fabulously young at heart package:

1st Degree Burn Doritos in Blazin’ Jalapeno

Grape Power Poppers Exploding Candy

Sour Gecko

Tangy Tongue

2 Packages of Love Hearts

Fudge from The Okanagan Fudge & Sundae Company

Bag of Red Chocolate Covered Cherries

I would like to thank Erin Beasley from the bottom of my 8-year-old heart. She took what I told her and ran with it. It felt like Christmas here the day I got it. Erin said this reminded her of being a kid and saving up money, then riding her bike to the store to pick out her favourites. I am so thrilled I was able to make her feel that again. I think we all did that when we were little and just living in the moment. So if my antics made someone live in the moment I am beyond pleased. I think that’s really where the heart of my blog lies. Reminding people of food they loved as a kid. And having at it as an adult. So much fun.

Erin also shared some jokes in her card which reduced me to hysterically fits of laughter. She really went above and beyond with this package. So hopefully she doesn’t mind me sharing her jokes with you.

What do you get when you cross a vampire with a snowman? Frostbite!

Why don’t cats play poker in the jungle? Too many cheetahs!

What do you call a kangaroo in the North Pole? A lost kangaroo!

I love it! Erin you get me. That makes me beyond happy. So glad you got my name and hope I pull yours in the future so I can repay your kindness. You really outdid yourself. I am beyond thrilled with every single thing.

My package went out to the lovely Kelly who blogs at Relatively Gourmand. I was so happy to hear they loved everything. Kelly you were a joy to shop for.

If any of you folks out there want to join in the fun of Foodie Penpals you should contact Lindsay who blogs at The Lean Green Bean. She’ll hook you up. And try not to be too jealous when you stop by. She was in Kauai recently. So I’m not sure we’re friends any more. I am far too jealous to be friends with her right now. I’m sure I’ll get over it. But for now I’ll just cry myself to sleep dreaming of Hawaii. Unlike Lindsay who got to go. Blows good natured raspberries at Lindsay’s tan bod!

The Lean Green Bean

Comments

• Kim Bee says

It sounds fancier than it is. It’s a tiny little spare bedroom I turned into an office/blog room/studio. But it’s a shoebox. Lol.

What a great package. It does look like Christmas has arrived! I’m a bit fascinated by American sweets – I found Reese’s peanut butter cups at a supermarket over here this week and a new addiction has begun!

• Kim Bee says

It was really fabulous and I feel so lucky. I just bought reese’s today. We’re in Canada so I love going over the states to shop. They have such better stuff than we do. Lol!

1) AWESOME. Doritos and I aren’t usually friends but for some reason this picture (literally) made my mouth salivate. It could be the best package I’ve seen today.
    2) Blog Room? Please share…

• Kim Bee says

So good. They are killer hot.

Lol, it’s nothing that impressive. We had a spare bedroom that I decided to takeover as a work room. It’s super tiny, but it has a desk and a photo table. So nice to have a place to work. It’s nothing fancy.

• Kim Bee says

It was amazing. It was so over the top and amazing. My daughter scoffed the bites so I never got to try them. They brought them camping.

I love this idea Kim! Over a year ago I stumbled on a blog of a woman who was organizing something similar but it was more local food oriented. Penpals would send each other boxes of local, in season food. Though that sounds like perfection I also could not figure out how it could be done with fresh food especially since some Penpals were international.

Especially now with everything being cyber focused, what fun to get a box in the mail!

• Kim Bee says

It’s so much fun Toni. I swear I jump up and down when I get each package. That seems odd to send local stuff. For us it would be so hard as our growing season is so short. We have about 3 good months of decent produce. I take advantage of every second.

• Kim Bee says

I was lucky mini-me scoffed so much of it for her camping trip. But man those doritos and the fudge were good.

This looks like tons of fun! Great stuff – my own little 8-year-old heart went pitter-pat as I saw all the swell stuff you got. Very enjoyable post – thanks.

• Kim Bee says

See, you get me too. Lol. It’s such a cool group. I have so much fun shopping and the day I get my package I am far too excited.

I read “eat like an 8-year-old boy” before my too slow computer loaded the top picture. When I got my first glimpse, I burst out laughing. You just made my Monday and I’m lookinf forward to see how you use the items!

What a fabulous-looking batch of junk food–love the gecko! Doritos are my all-time favorite chip, and for that reason I can’t keep them in the house.

• Kim Bee says

It was one rocking package. I was thrilled to see the doritos. I am the same way. If I start with them I never want to stop.

• Kim Bee says

You really should. It is so much fun. I mean who doesn’t love to shop for food stuff. And it’s like Christmas the day your package arrives.

You hit the mother load. So jealous. If I got a package of stuff like that, it would be in one of two places… secret hiding place under the bed or in my car for snacking for de-stressing while driving to and from work. Yes, I use food to calm my nerves. Forget music and meditation, I need crunch.

TOO perfect! I love that Erin sent jokes along with all your treats!!! If life ever slows down, I’d love to join in…so much fun!!!

• Kim Bee says

She was so adorable. I loved this package so much. Life never slows down. I sent this months late and paid 3x what I should have to rush it. Ugh.