Lunatic Loves These Links | June 26

Okay first some updates on things.

1- the photo restoration project known as “the google plus incident” is slow going. But I’m plugging along. I will not be defeated google plus, you hear me! *said in her best Liam Neeson voice with liquor bottles taped to her hands*

2- the print recipe project is going well. I’m now working on November and rounding my way to October. Only 8 more months to do. Pfft, piece of cake! Wait, did someone say cake…

3- kitty had a bladder meltdown of epic proportions and had to have a small procedure done. He’s doing well and we’re happy he’s okay. For those who know I have three ragdoll kitties, it’s the middle one named Spark. Also known as Demon Spawn. He’s had three of these episodes now. The first got him the nickname “my I coulda bought a new couch cat”. The second one he got the nickname “so they wanna turn my little Spark into Sparkle” due to the vet suggested we give him sex change operation. This last incident has dubbed him “well there goes any hope of getting my new camera cat”.

4. mini-me’s achilles injury has flared back up and she was practically carried into the house on the weekend by boytoy. Her legs are a mess and we need to go back to see the specialist. This is the injury that kept her off her feet for almost 2 years. So she’s a tad freaked out. As am I. No upside to this one. Unless you consider watching the entire Buffy and Angel seasons a plus, which I’m not gonna lie, I kind of do. Angel+Spike=happy mommy!

5- my pinched nerve is better. Almost full mobility now. Not sure if it was too much time on the computer last week hunched over the blog or what. I know I put in a ton of hours working on print recipes last week. Either that or I slept funny, or a combination of both. But all is well and if you talk to me I can now turn my head to listen. How cool is that. On the weekend I had to point my whole body at anyone I talked to. I may have gotten about a dozen digits while out shopping one day. See, always an upside.

Okay so on with the show…

Welcome to another edition of Lunatic Loves These Links. It’s the time of the week where I recap what I’ve been up in the kitchen. I also share a Baker’s Dozen links from other bloggers that I’ve fallen in love with and bookmarked. Hope you enjoy while sitting relaxing with a cold drink.

WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK (CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO GET TO THE RECIPE):

Brownies

Made some Turtle Brownies and interviewed the lovely Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake!

Ice Box Pie

Made a Cookie Crisp Icebox Pie for Pie Day!

Grilled Pineapple

Grilled some Pineapple with Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Vanilla for Give a Girl a Grill!

Grilled Fruit Dessert

Made some Grilled Stone Fruit Shortcake for National BBQ Day in a special edition of Give a Girl a Grill!

Black Forest Milkshake

Made a Black Forest Shake to participate in The Great Shake 2012!

LUNATIC’S BAKER’S DOZEN BOOKMARKS:

The Orgasmic Chef- Quick and Easy Strawberry Tart

The Orgasmic Chef- Macadamia Toffee Crunch Ice Cream

The Messy Baker- Blueberry Soda

That Skinny Chick Can Bake- Vanilla Granola with Dried Fruit

That Skinny Chick Can Bake- Rolo Cheesecake Bars

I Breathe…I’m Hungry- Low Carb Onion Rings

A Little Bit of Everything- Tiramisu Brownies

Bakingdom- Rolo Brownie Trifles

Pass the Sushi- Baked Bars

Confessions of a Cookbook Queen- Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches with Brownie Batter Frosting

Damn Delicious- Garlic Cheese Fries

Taste and Tell- Coconut Patty Shake

LUNATIC’S PICK FOR OUTSTANDING RECIPE:

Created by Diane- Cherry Pie Cookies

LUNATIC WILL BE MAKING AS SOON AS SHE GOES TO THE STORE:

Picture Perfect Meals- Adam’s Famous Grilled Strip Steaks

COMING SOON:

Burning Down The Kitchen with…. Pfft, as if I’m gonna tell ya!

Give a Girl a Grill gets her meat tongs out!

Fun with Jars makes its final appearance…finally…but only till fall. Farm Fresh Fridays takes its place. Hitting our first farmer’s market of the year this weekend. Whoo to the hoo!

Foodie Penpals! Have you joined yet? Come on people. Get your sweaty, hot butts over there.

Sunday Supper- something festive for the Fourth of July, even though I’m not American! I’m American by proximity I like to say!

A sammie I’ve been dying to share!

Comments

Yikes, I’ve been slacking on my blog visiting lately and I can’t believe I missed those turtle brownies (ohemgeeee). Anyways, thank goodness for this post and getting caught up on everything. Hope Mini-Me’s Achilles is okay, glad to hear the cat and you are doing better!

• 2
      Kim Bee says:

It’s okay Kels, I have been too. So busy with the kids home and projects. I think we all slack off during summer months. Those brownies were great. Cat is all better thank goodness. Mini-me I’m not sure yet. But I feel right as rain.

Thanks for the shout out, Kim. I love reading your posts. You crack me up. I love your wit. I hope your kitty and your daughter get better.

I’m so sorry that the family ailments (human and pet alike) continue to flare up and cause grief to you guys. Prayers being said over here.

I love the story associated with Adam’s steak. Knowing both of them helped.

• 6
      Kim Bee says:

Awe thanks so much Christiane. Luckily I am better as is kitty. Mini-me we’ll have to wait and see. Worst case they operate and she’s better in 6 weeks so it will work out.

You are so lucky to know them. And them you.

You always make me LOL! Hope mini-me heals up quick!!

I love so many of the sites you list here! And you sure made me grin! XOXO

• 10
      Kim Bee says:

Me too. So many wonderful blogs out there. I love making people grin so it’s a good day when I hear that.

Thanks very much for the links! You are so sweet.

Sorry about the achilles tendon and the pinched nerve, both owies I don’t want to have. Glad the kitty is sorted and he’s probably apologizing about the loss of the new camera.

• 12
      Kim Bee says:

You are most welcome. You blew me away this week.

Thanks. I am almost 100% now so that’s great. Mini-me we’ll see how we go. He didn’t apologize or offer to sell calendars of his pretty mug or anything to help offset the cost. Bad kitty.

Life is never dull at your place!! A 5k?? I am totally impressed, and even more so if you end up doing it in Depends. You can rock those.

• 14
      Kim Bee says:

I swear I should write a soap opera. It’s always interesting here. Keeps me from getting bored for sure. Don’t be all that impressed, I may embarrass myself completely when I crawl across the finish line 4 hours late in my depends.

I’m so glad I didn’t have a mouthful of tea when I read your comment about wearing Depends…LOL…I have faith in you!!! Hope some rest is all that Mini-me’s achilles needs to heal. As always, I love all your lunie links!!!

• 16
      Kim Bee says:

Next time make sure you have tea in there then video it. I would love that. Me too on mini-me. She’s been through hell with those legs.

Hope your kitty gets better!! Poor little guy. Love the links and the round up. :)

• 18

Thanks Ramona. He is fine now thank goodness. Back to causing trouble and getting on the other cat’s nerves.

I hope everyone is doing well, including yourself!

I am SO out of touch. Summer does that to me with all of the kids home and hubs in town. Then there is the new house project. Will be moving in August, but will start the paint/floor/cleaning in two weeks. So much to do. Sound familiar? Anyway, love the links, love the projects, so sorry to hear about your nerve and mini-me’s heel. Ugh! As if you need more to worry about. Cheering you on for the running. Did any of this make sense? Love ya!

• 22

Oh me too lady. It’s hard with kids home. I think most of us are having that summer issue.I am so excited about the house, you guys must be so over the moon about it. We’re getting ready to teat down a wall so we can have reno sympathy pains. Thanks, It’s all good, life hands lemons, I make lemonade. What else can you do. I will need all the cheering I can get. You made total perfect crazy sense.

I’ve seen you refer to it a couple of times, but what happened with Google Plus? And your poor kitty…I hope he’s better soon! My Siamese is dealing with kidney issues, so I know what it’s like to be worried about a furface.

Good luck on the running. Just stay away from the Baked bars on training days. :)

That’s a heck of an update! Glad your pinched nerve is better, sorry to hear about mini-me’s Achilles heel (praying that it will be nothing) and the cat, and WAY to go for joining the Red Face Runners!!!

• 28
      Kim Bee says:

My life is always topsy turvy and crazy. I have no idea why my readers don’t run in the opposite direction. Lol. How are YOU lady? Hope everything is going well. We need to email and catch up. I’m so out of touch since the kids have been off. Mine are out so long. University is done eons before other schools so I feel like summer vacation is only half over and some people’s kids are still in school. Lol.

Glad to hear that things seem to be moving in a positive direction! Great set of links – thanks.

• 30
      Kim Bee says:

Always moving, that is my life for sure. It seems to like to keep me guessing and jumping. Thanks. I love doing these posts.

OMG! I’ve never heard of a cat sex change! Also–watching all of Angel & Buffy is always a win, but I hope your daughter is ok!

• 32
      Kim Bee says:

It’s so weird. So far we haven’t had to do it. But I think one day we’ll have to.

Love Buffy and Angel…and Spike all the way. Right now we’re watching Dawson’s Creek.