Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic: Guest Post for I Breathe… I’m Hungry…

Roasted Cauliflower Base for Pizza, topped with Baby Arugula & Roasted Garlci

Okay, hold on.

You’re on the right site.

Don’t go anywhere.

I went Low Carb on you today. I know you’re all scratching your heads thinking you hit the wrong button. But it’s me!

Really it is.

I can do healthy.

Really I can!

Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic

See! Not only Low Carb but so full of flavour it will blow your mind. My friend Mellissa from I Breathe… I’m Hungry… asked me to guest post for her. Not only guest post but I have the distinct honour of being her first guest post. I could not be more thrilled and touched that Mellissa trusted me to do this for her. I am not typically known for healthy or low carb food. I’m sort of the anti low carb blog. But I love a challenge and was really intrigued to see if I could do this. It’s really opened my eyes to how difficult it is to develop great recipes for special diets. I give people credit who follow a low carb lifestyle for either health or weight reasons. It’s so much harder to come up with recipes without that go to sugar ingredient.

Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic

I met Mellz, I love to call her that just to drive her mad, through food blogging. I really cannot remember how we connected initially. We were reading each other’s blogs and I think we were both drawn to each other’s sense of humour. I sent Mellz an email and she won my heart with her sincere personality and snarky wit. I love a gal who can out-snark me. Every email I get from her has me rolling on the floor in fits in laughter. She is so sharp and so funny. She pulls off one-liners with ease. And the chick can cook. And bake. Like mad skillz people. This woman is going to end up on tv one day, mark my words. Of course I’ll want a cut of the action, cuz you know, that’s what besties do when one of them hits the big time. And they shoe shop. Which I’m totally down for just so you know Mellz. Manolo’s here we come!

Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic

So head on over to my bestie’s blog I Breathe… I’m Hungry… for the recipe to my Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic. It sounds really complicated but it’s not. It is however delish. Even if you are not following a low carb diet this pizza will impress you. It’s got such a rich, sweet taste to it. The roasted cauliflower just takes the crust to the next level. And the roasted garlic on top is pure heaven. I sure hope you all like this recipe. I wanted to do Mellz proud and show I can do more than just sugar laden, deep-fried food. I sincerely hope I’ve met the challenge today. Thanks to Mellz for her continued friendship and making me push my boundaries to explore something outside the norm. I loves ya sistah!

Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic

Comments

Holy cow that looks good!! I’ve never had cauliflower on a pizza before but now I need to try it. I’ll be heading right over to check out the post. Yum!

As a LCer I’ve seen lots of recipes for cauliflower pizza crust, but that was just a good idea to use roasted cauliflower! Plus I’m loving roasted cauliflower right now so this is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

• Kim Bee says

Thank you so much. I wanted to give it an extra kick with a touch of sweetness to it. Roasting it just elevates the taste. I swear it tastes like candy. So glad you stopped by.

I’ve done the cauliflower pizza crust before (not with roasted cauli tho), and it’s good but definitely doesn’t taste like regular crust. Pairing it with roasted garlic (I looooooove roasted garlic) sounds like a great combo. Yum!

• Kim Bee says

It is not the same but such a good alternative to anyone low carb or gluten free. Pizza is something many people complain about giving up. So I knew I had to come up with something with a bit of oomph to it. I love roasted everything. It just makes the flavour pop.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much Dara. I really loved this one. You know me and sweet, so I was determined to find a way to make it slightly sweet without sugar.

So interesting…cauliflower pizza, but from the list of ingredients…arugula and roasted garlic, must taste delicious Kim!
    Thanks for the link and hope you have a wonderful week ahead :)

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much Juliana. It’s such an interesting way to do it. I really wanted to find a way to make pizza for people who can’t do gluten and then make it low carb as well. I am a sweets gal so this seemed the way to add the sweet without actually adding sugar.
      I’m so glad you came by. Have a wonderful week too.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks. Oh man, I made extra roasted garlic when I did it. I could just gnaw on roasted garlic all day long. But of course.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks. I think the cauliflower makes a great pizza crust. I love it with wild rice too. Just something a little different from the usual.

• Kim Bee says

Lol, I had to sneak one in there. Every now and again I get a hankering for something good for me. Not often but it happens once in awhile. I promise I’ll make up for it.

Oh boy, low carb and all. This does sound delicious and the arugala and roasted garlic there on the top is calling my name. Going to check out the recipe.

• Kim Bee says

It was really good. I love the taste of roasted cauliflower so I figured it would work well with pizza.

Been seeing this cauliflower crust o blogs for a month or so now, I just need to make it! Your version sounds absolutely terrific.
    Going to visit Mellz for the recipe.
    LL

• Kim Bee says

It’s such a cool idea. Try roasting the cauliflower first. I swear it makes all the difference. Mellz is one cool chick. You’ll love her.

I came to cauliflower late in life and am loving this pizza – roasting cauliflower just makes it sing and I adore the spice in arugula! Great combo!

• Kim Bee says

I know right! Healthy, low carb, gluten free and vegetarian. The cauliflower pizzas are definitely the way to go for anyone looking to healthy up a pizza.

• Kim Bee says

Yeppers, it’s a cool idea. Just had to try it out. Really popular with the low carb folks. It’s neat cuz it’s also gluten free. Plus it just tastes amazing.

What a deliciously different pizza. I’ve never heard of roasted cauliflower pizza, but it looks SO good! Even better it’s vegetarian and healthy! Definitely ticking all the boxes on this one.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much. It’s cool that it hits all the healthy marks- low carb, gf, and vegetarian. I was so happy with this one.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks. I am pretty thrilled with how it turned out. Lol, then this is just for you Anna. Marry away.

I eat pizza often but adding cauliflower and arugula to a pizza is new for me! and best of all, it’s low carb… I don’t need to worry about eating more than one slice!

• Kim Bee says

It’s a cool concept to use the cauliflower as a crust. Such a neat way for low carb-ers to get their pizza fix.

this pizza looks awesome! i’ve done the whole low-carb thing before with food, and i’ve used cauliflower as a sub for mashed potatoes, but pizza crust? LOVE that idea. i love everything about this, and i could use a good pizza recipe that isn’t a million calories. :)
    i feel the same way with all the baking on the blog; i wonder if people think i just know how to bake and that’s it, or just assume i make cake for breakfast (i don’t…well…mostly i don’t). you did a great job with this! i know you’re more than just ice cream and trix krispies. :)

• Kim Bee says

I like the idea of low carb but the reality is I do eat them. I would have trouble doing it all the time I think. But this was fun to challenge myself to do away with sugar and think outside the box. It makes a tasty crust, especially if you roast it first.

I know right. I really don’t eat ice cream and cheesecake and krispies all the time. I must post way too many desserts cuz someone was surprised by my meatless monday post. I was like, er how long has it been since I posted pizza for someone to think that. Lol.

• Kim Bee says

You must try it Stephanie. It’s so good. I was really surprised I liked cuz I am such a traditionalist when it comes to pizza. We eat pizza a few times a week in some way, shape or form.

11. Debra Kapellakis says

he he he…glad to be here reading about you and your beastie oops! bestie…and I was put off by the title but…now it is a must try recipe…thanks a bunch to you and your bestie…have fun shoe shopping…

• Kim Bee says

Lol, it sounds all fancy shmancy but it’s really not. It’s so good. And good for you which is super fab. I love me some shoes…yet I find myself barefoot all the time. I just like looking at them and dreaming about them. But wearing them is a whole different story. Lol!

1. […] See the original post: Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic … […]