Thick Oreo Milkshake

Oreo Milkshake

Welcome to Fun with Jars Fridays. I was going to make this the last one for the season but I think I may still have one more really fun one up my sleeve. So it’s a gamble whether next Friday will be Fun with Jars Friday or Farm Fresh Friday. I’ll surprise you. You like surprises right!

Like this little surprise right here. It is so thick you will not believe it. You’ll want to come hug me. But if you try to hug me I might go all ninja on your a**. Lunie hates hugs. Seriously people, just back away and no one gets hurt. You can thank me with hordes of money, but hugs are off limits. I realize I’ve just made you the best thick oreo milkshake ever but just chill out a bit. Have a nice long sip. Cool your jets. Just make sure you use a really big, extra wide straw for this one. Or a spoon. Trust me, you’ll thank me for that tip. Trying to suck this through a teeny little straw will just make you angry. And no one likes an angry drinker. Of the milkshake variety.

So grab some mason jars, glasses, troughs, whatever you have on hand and have at it. This is simple, easy and quick. Plus it tastes like oreo heaven. I’m telling you there is nothing quite like a thick oreo milkshake. I got you covered. The key is what you mix it with. And this my friends is not for those with tiny waistlines. You can just move your skinny little a**es on now. There’s tons of skinny versions of this stuff. Have at it. Leave the thick oreo milkshakes for us big, happy people. You know, the kind that like sugar and dairy. Things like this is why we’re always smiling. We know the secret to life. And it’s thick oreo milkshakes. In a mason jar. Sucked up with an extra wide straw.

Oreo Milkshake

Thick Oreo Milkshake

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 Large or 2 Small

Thick Oreo Milkshake

A thick oreo milkshake you’ll need an extra wide straw to drink!

• 4 super large scoops of ice cream
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
  • 12 oreos, crushed

• Pop everything in a blender and pulse until well blended.

To line your glasses like I did you just need to either buy oreo crumbs or crush some oreos on your own. Then take corn syrup and line the edge of the glass with it. Then dunk the the top of the glass in a bowl with the crumbs. Easy peasy! Using heavy cream makes it thicker. You can use regular milk if desired.

Oreo Milkshake

Yes people I just told you to use whipping cream in a milkshake. For those of you having a mini heart attack right now it’s okay. They use whipping cream/heavy cream in ice cream. That’s what makes it thick. So that is what will make your milkshake thick. See, that’s called using your noggin. If you’re too freaked out to try it and you’re going to be a big baby about it, then use 2% milk at least. For those of you who complain the milkshake isn’t thick enough it’s quite likely that you’re using 1% or skim milk. People, that is not going to get the job done. That’s great for things like…..*crickets*……er, sorry I don’t use 1% or skim in anything so I’m at a loss. Use whipping cream/heavy cream or at least 2%, trust me! You can send hordes of money once you’re done. You’re welcome.

Comments

I feel like we’ve just bonded. I hate hugs too!

*fist bump*

Yes, I will please have one trough of thick oreo milkshake. Thank you kindly darlin!

I love mason jars or ball jars but neither of available in Australia. I have them shipped here. I never use them to serve in — they’re always full of something and vacuum sealed. I keep my not used very often ingredients in jars and the vacuum sealing keeps them fresh for heaps longer.

This milkshake is to die for.

• 7
      Kim Bee says:

That’s a bummer. We can’t get ball ones here so I buy another brand. Bernardin I believe. I want the giant ones but no one ever has them. My son stopped in a place for me and they said they could order them if I like. Heck ya. Going to order a couple of cases this week. I use them for storing all my baking supplies after the weevil incident of 2011. I must have about 100 jars. Great for spices.

It really is. I’d give up my first born for one. Sorry B-Dude! It’s really good.

I’m picturing you at the blogger convention at Disney with all the bloggers that must have wanted to come up and greet you with a hug. Seriously, I’d like a video of that. :) As for this thick, luscious, lip-smacking milkshake with the heart attack heavy whipping cream in it…I have no words… :)

• 9
      Kim Bee says:

Lol, I did hug Ann, and Kristen. And of course Jaden from Steamy Kitchen then promptly burst into tears. Weird cuz I’m so stoic and chill but she got me all girlie and silly. Huge girl crush.The rest of them I would just hold up my pass thing around my neck to show them my cards in order to provide an adequate barrier. My space, your space. Do not enter my space.

Bah, I know right. It’s so bad for you but it’s so good at the same time. I was a happy lunatic yesterday sipping this thing through a massive straw!

Drooling over this right now. Its like oreo cookie heaven. I can just taste how good this is by looking at the beautiful photos!!

• 11
      Kim Bee says:

It really is. When my time comes I want to go to a place that serves this. Every hour of every day.

Thanks. I am really having fun with my camera these days.

I have made this many times before, though I am yet to find a jar to drink it out of :D
    Looks delicious!

Cheers
    CCU

Drinking oreos…what a fab idea. Worth a high five! And I won’t even send you a virtual hug.

• 15
      Kim Bee says:

High fives all around. One handed cuz I need my other one for this drink.

Whew, I was freaking out there you might be leaning in for one. *giggles*

Okay, my kids saw this and they are getting ready to come live with you!! What a great idea!! Have a wonderful weekend! ~ Ramona :)

• 17
      Kim Bee says:

I’ll make up rooms for them. It would give me an excuse to continue to eat like I’m 8 years old now that mine are older. You can come too if you like. I can corrupt you along with them.

I would go with the one large serving size. This looks fantastic. I have this thing with Oreos. Once I start you better stay away. I can go through the whole package.

• 19
      Kim Bee says:

Omg Emily me too. I must have eaten a whole package while making them. Mini-me grabbed the jumbo size and I was all “we’ll never eat all those”. Um, yah, gone!

Kristen says:

although I think we hugged goodbye after fbf, I will let you know I dislike hugging, too. it’s hard to get out of the obligatory hug, though. next year we can just do a high five, hip bump and twirl, m’kay?

I only use slim milk. Don’t hate me. I just use more ice cream.

• 21
      Kim Bee says:

I know. I think we hugged when we met then when you guys left. But other than you and Ann, I think Jaden was the only one I hugged. And look how that turned out. I sure know how to embarrass myself don’t I? We will definitely high five, hip bump and twirl next year. We’ll do our own secret handshake. We’ll be the new Romy and Michelle of our time.

I won’t hate you. But if I’m at your house I may say I’m full if you offer me a shake. *giggles*

Oooh I love oreo milkshakes! This looks sinfully delicious! :)

We could all gang up on ya and give you a group hug. Now wouldn’t that be fun, LOL. This shake deserves it. What’s farm fresh friday?

• 25
      Kim Bee says:

Aw crap, I’m using my force field at the next FBF conference. This shake is wicked good. So thick I had to get a bigger straw. Farm Fresh Friday is a weekly series I did last summer where I take my readers along for the ride on weekly excursions for seasonal fruits and veggies. Our produce window is small, only about 3 months or less. So me and mini-me do weekly trips to either farmers markets or farm stands and take loads of photos. We usually stop for fish n chips on every excursion as well. It’s a photo journal of our day and what we bought. People loved it last year.

What are you trying to do to me?? Love the crumbs on the rim of the jar too! YUM!

• 27
      Kim Bee says:

Lol, sorry. I have no respect for other people’s waistlines do I. *evil laugh* I thought the crumbs were a cute touch. I tried to cut an oreo and put it on like an orange wedge but I kept breaking them. Which meant I had to eat them. Slow learner, ate about 12 before I gave up.

There’s an old proverb that goes something like:

People who eat healthier will live longer, but people who don’t enjoy their time more. Whip cream for a milk shake…I’ll have to remember that.

• 29
      Kim Bee says:

I always say I’d rather be full and happy than thin and angry. Lol. Nothing like whipping cream in food to make a girl smile.

Kim this looks simply amazing!!! Love oreo anything.

I love that you dipped your oreo into this OREO MILKSHAKE OF DEATH! So hot.

I’m a hesitant hugger too! lol This Oreo milkshake would definitely make me want to hug someone though =)

Oreo Milkshakes have to be one of my favorites. I love how thick & rich this is!

This milkshake is for tough ladies!! I saw the whipping cream and yes, almost had a heart-attack but you’re right…cheese has more fat and I consume a lot of it! I want to try this badly!

My husband is a milkshake connoisseur and says all good milkshakes must be thick. This one looks like pure heaven!

Guess who just had this for breakfast! Woohoo! What a perfect beginning to the day. Couldn’t help myself but make it right away! :)

This looks sooo good. Whipping cream is a great idea for thickness, never thought of that one… I love jars – give us more jars!

Ohhh yes please!!! Sounds just perfect.

Kim-

Please serve this at our wedding reception along with the other 45,000 things I’ve now asked you to make for it.
    Love,
    Your twin and future spouse :-P

Debra Kapellakis says:

That looks VERY VERY VERY yummy!

Ugh! I wish I would’ve seen your post last week! I just made up an oreo milkshake recipe for my dad’s office (I do a recipe board for ‘brace-friendly’ recipes… my dad’s an orthodontist.. :) And adding the heavy cream is totally what it needed! I love super thick shakes, this looks really good Kim!

Oh my gosh, yum! Oreos are the best cookie on the face of the planet, and you’ve just managed to take them to another level. I’m drooling.

Just letting you know that you ‘dissing’ (for lack of better word) might be offensive and indignating for some people who (just like the whole freaking world!) might love Oreos. You dont have to be chubby to enjoy the delights of life! Absolutely great recipe.

My dad likes malts. yuck. I would take one of these though. The more Oreos the better.

1. […] you can’t afford an ice cream maker but have a blender you can whip up a Thick Oreo Milkshake. So good and so thick you’ll need an extra wide straw. But it’ll be worth it. You will […]

2. […] Thick Oreo Milkshake by Cravings of a Lunatic […]