I normally don’t yell in caps but today I’m making an exception!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEST FRIEND JEANINE!
Hope you have an awesome day! You deserve it. So glad you challenged me to a hula hoop contest all those years ago. Almost forty years later and only one fight, I think we’re doing pretty well. See, ladies of The Real Housewives of Everywhere, women can be friends and not rip each other to shreds every other other day. True story, put that one TV. Okay so no one would watch but still, we’re entertaining in other ways.
I’m warning you now this post is lengthy so if you want to go grab a snack and a beverage I will surely understand. But some days you just have a lot to share. Today is one of those days.
Okay so now that I have that taken care of here’s some other news:
1. I am still backtracking old posts. Apparently it takes longer to edit a post in wordpress than it does to write it. Geez!
2. Still working on replacing photos lost to Google Plus Incident. I blame my kids being home. Time is limited and let’s be honest, I get interrupted about every 3 minutes on average. It’s a long slow process but I’m working on it.
3. Hub’s Meme is doing okay. She is out of the hospital and back home. He’s trying to spend quite a bit of time with her on the days he’s home from work.
4. Yes, hubs is still working out of town and will be for about 5 more months. Downside is he’s gone a lot, upside is he’s gone a lot. I’ll let the ladies giggle about that one.
5. Horsey is okay. She had a swelled up eye for a while, not sure if it’s a bite or allergy to something outside. Happens at least once or twice a year. Have you ever put drops in a horse’s eye? Ya, don’t try. If you need to make sure you’re feeling agile, acrobatic and scrappy the days you attempt it.
6. My bestie from the westie was here for a visit and is now gone. We had a blast, some laughs, and visited The Freez together. The irony that they lost power right after our food was served to our small army that day was not lost on me. Our poor friends drove all this way and never got their Boston Coolers or ice creams. It’s tragic. So hoping they stop in again on their way back through. They drove from B.C. to Nova Scotia, so in theory they can pop back in on the way back. I’ve promised more lasagna and the homemade ice cream of her hubs choice if he brings her back for a few days.
7. I’ve been horse sitting at another barn. Another bestie, (I have a lot of besties) was gone to a horse show so helped with her guys. Due to our extreme heat it led to more trips than anticipated to keep them hydrated. But nice spending time with the guys. Mini-me used to ride one of her horses for years so it’s always nice when we get to hang with him and the others again.
8. Was house and pet-sitting for another bestie. The bestie whose birthday it is today. She has two kitties and one is a Devon Rex which I adore. Needless to say I spent way too much time playing with him and encouraging bad behaviour. Sorry, it’s what I do. She has a canary and fish too. It’s hard to corrupt a fish though. I mean I tried but they wouldn’t take the bait.
9. My bro is blowing into town tomorrow. He’s from Nova Scotia but is working in Alberta. But his kids are here. I know right, he’s multi provincial. He’ll be here just shy of a week I think. Old dude bro is sketchy with his plans. He’s really laid back, which is cool. Except it makes me want to thump him in the head cuz I’m not all laid back and cool. I mean I am with my life in general but not with my plans. Or other people’s plan. Then I’m all OCD and a total control freak. I think it’s the cook in me, I need to prepare and organize. Plus I just like thumping him in the head. He’s the one who did not bring his rebel the last time he visited so I felt the need to punish him daily for it. I hope he’s learned his lesson and shows up with his camera. Or it’s going to be a thump-fest.
10. Cool news. I am going to Sarnia this week to Bayfest. I got an email saying Ben & Jerry’s wanted to give me a tour of their Scoops truck. There will be more on that later in the week. But on Thursday you should keep an eye out for me tweeting with this hashtag: #ScoopMoovement. I am so excited to have been included that I just had to share this news with you. Mini-me and myself are going to see Emerson Drive and Toby Keith. Not going to lie, Toby and Ben & Jerry’s in one place might be too much for this lunatic. I may lose my mind. So if you see some chick on the news who’s been arrested for trying to feed Toby an ice cream while he’s tied to a chair, that was…totally not me. Really. I would never do that.
Okay so that probably explains why my blogging has been sporadic lately. With the hooligans home I tend to spend countless hours in the car driving them around. Not loving this whole reduced to one car while hubs is out of town nonsense. It’s sending me over the edge. I feel like I can’t get anything done. But I’m sure most moms are feeling like that over the summer. I remind myself it’s my last summer doing it though so I need to enjoy it. Not long now and B-Dude will be out on his own and life around the Bee household will change forever. So I’m just powering through all the trips in the car I don’t have time for cuz I know one day I’ll wish they were still here so I could drive them around. Sometimes you just gotta embrace things and see the positive in it. So I’m doing the whole “embrace the suck” thing, as they say in weird teen movies.
So on with the show. For those who are new this is a weekly post where I share what I’ve been up to. I did not post last week so you get the pleasure of a recap of 2 weeks worth of posts instead of 1. Enjoy!
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK (CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO GET TO THE RECIPE):
See, I told you I’ve been a total slacker lately. That’s not a lot of posts for two weeks. I was barely posting while the kitty cat was sick. He’s doing much better now by the way. Not fully recovered but getting there. It’s still chaos on the feeding them front. He is on a special diet for a couple more weeks so he can’t eat the other cats’ food. He is no longer allowed to steal puppy food. And the other cats aren’t allowed to eat his food. So it’s total chaos at feeding time. I used to free feed. Not any more!
Also should update you on mini-me’s leg. Her achilles are for sure buggered. We are waiting to see the specialist to see what we can do and what options we have. She does not want surgery. The pain is bad enough that it’s prompted her to look at alternate career options. Which would mean switching majors. So let’s just say her legs are a pain in her a**.
LUNATIC’S BAKER’S DOZEN BOOKMARKS:
Table for Two- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta w/Goat Cheese
The Little Ferraro Kitchen- Rose Saffron Ice Cream with Pistachios
The Ardent Epicure- Boozy and Spiced Cherry Freeze
Got Chocolate- No Bake Chocolate Mice
The Orgasmic Chef- Vanilla Poached Pear and Apple Crumble
Spabettie- Triple Berry Raw Cheesecake
Farmgirl Gourmet- Red, White and Blue Meringues
Une Deux Senses- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
Chocolate Moosey- Homemade Cherry Pie Filling
The Cultural Dish- Battenberg Cake
Yummy Mummy- No Sugar Added Plum Berry Crisp
Tales of an Overtime Cook- Homemade Cherry Pie and a Lattice Crust Tutorial
LUNATIC’S PICK FOR OUTSTANDING RECIPE:
Boulder Locavore- Cherry Blueberry Cloud Pie
Farm Fresh Friday adventures!
A post that shares our trip to Bayfest to meet up with Ben & Jerry’s and a tour of their Scoop Truck! Hopefully no one will need to bail me out of jail!
I’m still planning on joining the Red Faced Runners but mini-me & I decided to hold off training until after the Ben & Jerry’s trip. With my severe IBS we thought it best not to aggravate it before that road trip. I also have a trip to Toronto planned the week after so trying to decide if holding off that extra week would be good too. Usually when I begin any intense training my tummy goes wild and can act a bit crazy for a month or so. It’s worth it, don’t get me wrong but timing is essential. You don’t want to chuff it off before a long road trip, trust me. So right now we’re just determining a good time to have at it while not ruining any set commitments. If I start after Toronto it only gives me 6 weeks to train which really is not enough. 8 would be better. So I’ll give you a heads up when the running begins but I know it’s soon. I am excited and terrified all at the same time.
That about wraps up this post. Are any of you still awake? I don’t blame you if you nodded off. I would have too. Hope you’re all are keeping cool and staying out of the heat. Stay cool.
Toodles and smoochies! xx