sPiCy NuTs

Spicy Nuts

I was going to start off this post by yelling “Grab My Nuts” but that would just be tacky.

Ya,

so…

sorry!

*smiles sheepishly*

Spicy Nuts

But they do look good don’t they?

I made these when I made the Taco Seasoned Pretzels the other day. I had interviewed Cassie from Bake Your Day and could not decide which of her recipes I wanted to do for Burning Down The Kitchen so I made three of them. This is numero deux. 3 will hit you another day. Cassie has such cool recipes that it’s hard to narrow down what you want to make so I suggest you make them all. It’s the only way to go.

So I slightly adapted this, I mean barely at all, just a pinch, from her Spicy Buffalo Mixed Nuts. They were just too hard to resist. So I whipped up my own version and let me just warn you that they are SPICY, I mean call the fire department hot. Turn the water on me full blast kind of hot. Luckily I like hot, and worse case scenario a hot fireman shows up to put the fire out. So either way it’s win-win.

Spicy Nuts

Now if you don’t like spicy, I beg of you, dial these back. I am warning you now. Loud and clear. Do not come back here whining your little head off cuz these burnt your little over sensitive mouth. If you can’t stand the heat folks, stay outta the kitchen, and away from these nuts. If you ignore my warnings and need medical attention it’s your own fault for thinking I’m exaggerating or kidding. I am NOT, I repeat, I am NOT kidding! These little suckers are spicy. Okay so if that hasn’t enticed you to give them a try, and risk burning your face off, maybe this will.

Spicy Nuts

sPiCy NuTs
Seriously spicy mixed nuts, done in a slow cooker!
Prep time:
Total time:
  • 1 cup cocktail peanuts
  • 1 cup mixed nuts
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2½ teaspoons hot sauce
  • 1½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 package Smokin’ Hot Chipotle Flavour (mine was from a company called Cinnamon Hill Farm and it’s a cheeseball and dip mix)
  1. Mix all your ingredients together. Stir them up really well.
  2. Pour them into a slow cooker.
  3. Turn on low, uncovered for about 1½ to 2 hours. Slow cookers all cook differently so keep an eye they don’t burn. Mine started to stick at the 2 hour mark.
  4. Make sure you check them and mix them up every 30 minutes.
  5. Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet to cool.
  6. Serve with a big old “I’m on Fire” grin!
Recipe slightly adapted from Bake Your Day's Spicy Buffalo Mixed Nuts

Spicy Nuts

Sure hope you like them. And you don’t sue me. Once again I’ll add a GIANT DISCLAIMER- THESE ARE NOT FOR WIMPS, IF YOU’RE A WIMP YOU SHOULD NOT EAT THESE NUTS! M’kay!

Spicy Nuts

Enjoy, all you brave souls. Hope you love them as much as we did. I think the fam was mad cuz I picked all the cashews out. What? Like you don’t do that too. Pfft!

Comments

Hope it won’t sound tacky, but I lurve your nuts! Seriously! We love spicy so this is made for us! PS: I would totally go for cashew first too :)

• Kim Bee says

I lurve a girls who lurves another girls nuts. Spicy rules. Although I’ve avoided them today so I don’t pay the price at a conference tomorrow. Isn’t it ironic the conference is being held at during the Hot & Spicy Food Festival. Pray for me Anna. Gonna be a long day if I touch any food. And a long 4 hour trip home. Lol!

• Kim Bee says

It’s okay Kayle. As long as you know you’re a wimp and avoid it I can’t get sued. I lovez ya anyway wimpy girl!

• Kim Bee says

Anti-nut? Are you nuts? I am totally pro-nut. Nothing like nuts in your….I can’t even finish that one.

One day we’re going to meet in person and get in SO much trouble together.

I love spicy snack! and I’m darn big fan of anything that taste spicy, your nuts, tempting me a lot, I think I will give it a try the recipe :) I’m starting to following you blog so I could keep updating your blog post (you know, foodbuzz will switching to dailybuzz) hope you don’t mind to do the same to keep in touch with me too :)

cheers

• Kim Bee says

Nice to have you here. Love anyone who digs spicy. Not sure if I’ll make the move to dailybuzz or not. Undecided.

• Kim Bee says

All cool people love spice. Just sayin’.

I can’t help but grab all the cashews. It’s what I do. It’s like taking all the pretzels out of party mix.

3. Rebecca Walker says

Whoo-eee! Those sound like a bull ride for the tastebuds! Only the truly macho mouth could last a full 8 seconds. I’ve got a few “sensitive little mouths” in this house, but imagine the fun if you just set these out at a gathering without warning people… Well, fun I guess if you enjoy seeing people suffer and potentially losing friends… I’ll save them for my own private party!

• Kim Bee says

They really are. I like the way your mind works. I would be ready with a camera to capture the surprise. We should get together and wreck havoc on the world together.

Oh, I love spiced nuts! In fact I’m currently playing around with my recipe. Quite different from this – I’ll definitely have to make this and compare. Looks terrific. I just can’t keep my hands off . . . oh, let’s not go there! 😉 Fun post – thank you.

• Kim Bee says

So it has come to this… Christiane admits to being a pansy. I love it. Glad I finally cracked you. I’ll be sure to go light on the spice if you ever visit. We’ll have pansy night at the Bee household. xx

• Kim Bee says

It’s so good. It’s got so much heat I can barely stand it. Which I love. I have issues. Clearly.

• Kim Bee says

I am now picturing a bowl of nuts with your name actually written on all of them. Now that would be cool.

When I first saw the title of this post, I thought to myself two things: 1)maybe Kim Bee has finally lost her marbles for real and 2) I didn’t think this was THAT kind of site! After reading this post, I’m reminded of a tv show that aired last year called “America’s Next Great Restaurant” where one of the contestants came onto the show with an Italian meatball concept called Saucy Balls, which has just now lead me to my third thought: Enjoy the web searches that lead to this!

• Kim Bee says

1. happened a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng time ago!
      2. totally is!

I welcome all searches, naughty or not. I fell off Santa’s lap, I mean list a long time ago.

• Kim Bee says

Have at it. Nothing better than burning your face off on spicy nuts. *this post has crossed over the dark side* lol