I was going to start off this post by yelling “Grab My Nuts” but that would just be tacky.
But they do look good don’t they?
I made these when I made the Taco Seasoned Pretzels the other day. I had interviewed Cassie from Bake Your Day and could not decide which of her recipes I wanted to do for Burning Down The Kitchen so I made three of them. This is numero deux. 3 will hit you another day. Cassie has such cool recipes that it’s hard to narrow down what you want to make so I suggest you make them all. It’s the only way to go.
So I slightly adapted this, I mean barely at all, just a pinch, from her Spicy Buffalo Mixed Nuts. They were just too hard to resist. So I whipped up my own version and let me just warn you that they are SPICY, I mean call the fire department hot. Turn the water on me full blast kind of hot. Luckily I like hot, and worse case scenario a hot fireman shows up to put the fire out. So either way it’s win-win.
Now if you don’t like spicy, I beg of you, dial these back. I am warning you now. Loud and clear. Do not come back here whining your little head off cuz these burnt your little over sensitive mouth. If you can’t stand the heat folks, stay outta the kitchen, and away from these nuts. If you ignore my warnings and need medical attention it’s your own fault for thinking I’m exaggerating or kidding. I am NOT, I repeat, I am NOT kidding! These little suckers are spicy. Okay so if that hasn’t enticed you to give them a try, and risk burning your face off, maybe this will.
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons hot sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 package Smokin’ Hot Chipotle Flavour (mine was from a company called Cinnamon Hill Farm and it’s a cheeseball and dip mix)
- Mix all your ingredients together. Stir them up really well.
- Pour them into a slow cooker.
- Turn on low, uncovered for about 1½ to 2 hours. Slow cookers all cook differently so keep an eye they don’t burn. Mine started to stick at the 2 hour mark.
- Make sure you check them and mix them up every 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Serve with a big old “I’m on Fire” grin!
Sure hope you like them. And you don’t sue me. Once again I’ll add a GIANT DISCLAIMER- THESE ARE NOT FOR WIMPS, IF YOU’RE A WIMP YOU SHOULD NOT EAT THESE NUTS! M’kay!
Enjoy, all you brave souls. Hope you love them as much as we did. I think the fam was mad cuz I picked all the cashews out. What? Like you don’t do that too. Pfft!
Toodles and smoochies! xx