I have a little confession to make.
I really didn’t mean to.
It just kind of happened.
I had grand intentions to be a good girl…
but then I was like nah.
It was so worth it though. I mean look at these little cutie pies. Well, not really “pies”. Let’s correct that…
Look at these little cutie ice cream sandwiches.
Totally worth a little cheating on the recipe.
Usually my weekends go one of two ways, either I spend all my time with the famdamnily, or I spend all weekend working. Usually if the family is free, and not working, my time is devoted to them, If they are working, or otherwise engaged, then I work all weekend. However yesterday my time seemed sucked up by something I would have rather not been doing. I hate when that happens. Something happens to shift your focus, you get distracted and your day gets ruined by some nonsense you would rather not be dealing with. Life. It happens.
So it’s now 6 am on Sunday, mini-me just left for work, which is not typical. She’s suppose to be off on Sundays. It’s our one day a week where we don’t have to get up early or have school or work commitments. Anyhow I am sitting her finishing off my post for today as I let yesterday get away from me. Lesson learned I say. Keep priorities in check and don’t let nonsense distract me from doing what I need to do. Or spending time with family. Which to me is uber important. I figure with mini-me getting older that it won’t be long before she sets off on her own like b-dude did. So I need to enjoy those rare days where she doesn’t have plans with boytoy, or work, or school commitments. Those need to be girls day out.
That explains why I cheated. How did I cheat? Well I simply used store bought cookies for the sandwiches instead of making my own. Normally I make my own, from the ice cream to the cookie. Like my Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches. Those were all from scratch. That was my plan for these. But as we all know, the plan doesn’t always happen so plan B needs to be at the ready. That tends to be when I employ cheater desserts. Now this is only half cheater, yes, that’s a thing. I made the ice cream from scratch. But cheated with store cookies. It happens.
So there you have it folks. Kim cheated….again. It seems to be a recurring theme here. I’d feel really bad about it but I’m too busy shoving Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches in my pie hole.
So worth cheating, let me tell you. Lovely little bundles of sunshine.
Our hostess for Sunday Supper this week is Amber. She blogs at Mama’s Blissful Bites. Thanks so much for putting this together Amber. Also a huge thank you to our fearless Sunday Supper leader, Isabel. She blogs at Family Foodie.
Stop by all the Sunday Supper crews blogs and check out their amazing dishes!
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us throughTweetChat!
Thanks for visiting. If you’ve learned anything today it’s:
Cheating is wrong…but oh so right.
Keep your priorities straight. More family, less drama and work.
Meyer Lemons rock!
Toodles and smoochies! xx