These little jalapeño poppers are wrapped in bacon and have a little extra kick to them with a hint of adobo and smoked paprika. It’s heat to the max with these little beauties.
Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
Okay, I have to warn you now. These suckers have some serious kick. We like spicy food here at the Bee household. We like heat that builds. So these are not only jalapeño poppers, they are jalapeño poppers with spicy cream cheese. I used a small amount of chipotle in adobo sauce diced up super fine, then I hit it with some smoked paprika. I know you’re thinking we’re nuts right now, and we are, but in this case we’re also rocking some kick-butt football food. Make a plain jane batch for all your wussy little friends, then make a batch of these for your cool friends. They’ll love you. Just make sure you have lots of beverages nearby for the wussies pretending to be cool kids. There’s one at every party.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
Our sponsor today is Savorx Spice & Flavor Co. They are providing one lucky reader with a Spiceologist Starter Block. Knife block meets spice rack in this beautiful European Beech block filled with 22 glass vials of fresh spices. Beautify your kitchen in one easy step! Not only is it gorgeous it will help you be creative in the kitchen by keeping your most used spices close at hand. You can follow Savorx on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
Make sure you enter the rafflecopter below for your chance to win. Thanks so much to Savorx Spice & Flavor Co. for donating the prize today. This is one giveaway I wish I could enter. I’ve been coveting one of these for some time. I’m a serious spice addict.
Giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only. Please read Rafflecopter terms for more details.
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by SavorX. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Toodles and smoochies! xx