Jalapeño Bacon Poppers

These little jalapeño poppers are wrapped in bacon and have a little extra kick to them with a hint of adobo and smoked paprika. It’s heat to the max with these little beauties.

Jalapeno Bacon Poppers | Cravings of a Lunatic | Jalapeno Poppers wrapped in bacon with a little extra kick of adobo and smoked paprika.

Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes.

Okay, I have to warn you now. These suckers have some serious kick. We like spicy food here at the Bee household. We like heat that builds. So these are not only jalapeño poppers, they are jalapeño poppers with spicy cream cheese. I used a small amount of chipotle in adobo sauce diced up super fine, then I hit it with some smoked paprika. I know you’re thinking we’re nuts right now, and we are, but in this case we’re also rocking some kick-butt football food. Make a plain jane batch for all your wussy little friends, then make a batch of these for your cool friends. They’ll love you. Just make sure you have lots of beverages nearby for the wussies pretending to be cool kids. There’s one at every party.

Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!

Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | G+ | Kiss My Smoke

Jalapeno Bacon Poppers

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

These little jalapeño poppers are wrapped in bacon and have a little extra kick to them with a hint of adobo and smoked paprika. It's heat to the max with these little beauties.
Author:
Recipe type: appetizer
Serves: 32 pieces
  • 16 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise
  • 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
  • ½ chipotle in adobo pepper, cut into tiny pieces, as small as possible
  • ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ pound of bacon, cut pieces in half
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
  3. Cut jalapeno peppers in half, lengthwise.
  4. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, chipotle pepper in adobo, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
  5. With a small spoon smooth the mixture into the inside of each jalapeno. Wrap each piece with a strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
  6. Pop in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your peppers. Mine were done in about 25 this time around.
  7. Remove from the oven.
  8. Serve with a big old spicy smile.
You can totally tailor these to you own taste. We love heat so these work for use. If you need to dial it back you can leave out the chipotle in adobo and the smoked paprika.

These are also really good if you cook bacon and chop it into tiny pieces to put in the cream cheese. We also like tiny little bits of other peppers in ours, so we finely dice red or green peppers to add in.

Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:

What’s your favourite appetizer? I tend to dig hot appetizers like this one. Not a huge fan of cold appetizers for some reason. I tend to be the same way with sandwiches too. I’m weird like that.

Craving amazing appetizer recipes? Here you go:

Lasagna Dip | Cravings of a Lunatic | Seriously simple to make and absolutely delicious to munch on.

Lasagna Dip

Pizza Pull Apart Bread | Cravings of a Lunatic | Easy and delicious pizza pull apart bread.

Pizza Pull Apart Bread

Onion Strings | Cravings of a Lunatic | Seriously sinful and totally worth indulging in!

Onion Strings

Be sure to check out my appetizer category to see what other awesome apps I have on the blog. You can also check out my pinterest board called appetizer cravings. There are tons of fabulous bloggers pinning to that board so the variety is fabulous. Be sure to check it out.

Comments

• Kim Beaulieu says

I was scarfing them at rapid speed. So good. I love the added hit of chipotle, just takes them over the edge. I love spice that builds. It’s like an addiction.

• Kim Beaulieu says

People underestimate salt. It’s great fore everything, seasoning things, tenderizing things and heightening the taste of sweets.

1. Tina W says

If I could only have one spice in my cupboard I think I’d choose pepper. I use it in just about everything. Fresh-ground of course, cause I’m all fancy like that!

• Kim Beaulieu says

Ha, you’re a giver. This totally cracked me up. I wish we could nosh together some day. Oh the party we could throw.

2. Jacki says

Make mine a double batch!! Mmmmm. Chepoodle Poppers
    I don’t think I’ve seen a recipe for poppers that didn’t include some kind of meat- bacon doesn’t count that is a condiment.

• Kim Beaulieu says

Those are both great basics though. We use them a ton. I have a weakness for pink salt. Can’t help myself.

3. Angela Cash says

My favorite spice is Saffron but I would have to rob a bank to use it as often as I would like. :)
    I’m also very fond of fresh ginger.

4. Tracy Spangler says

Cinnamon- real cinnamon. I just discovered I’ve been using cassia, the cheap knockoff for cinnamon all my life, and now after trying real cinnamon I want to use it on everything! It’s so very delicious, spicy, has medicinal benefits and knocks the socks off the crud I’ve been eating as “cinnamon” this whole time!!

• Kim Beaulieu says

There is nothing like good quality cinnamon. My new fave is the roasted saigon cinnamon. Can’t get enough of it.

So many spices, so little thyme! Right now I am loving my homemade apple pie spice in all sorts of sweet things and fenugreek in savory applications!

6. KAPP902 says

ohhh i love spicy things. my favorite spice is any kind of pepper. Love that spice block, it’s so cool. Thanks for this lovely giveaway oppty!

• Kim Beaulieu says

I love red pepper flakes but not a black pepper fan. Not sure why.

It’s pretty cool. A friend makes them and I am in awe. I’m putting one or three on my Christmas list. And you’re welcome. This was fun.

Yummers! I love me some Jalapeno Poppers! These looks fantastic! Thanks for organizing this appetizer week. I can’t wait to try out some of these amazing recipes!

8. Janice says

Made Jalapeno Poppers last night, but didn’t use the bacon and spices. NOW I wanna make them again using this recipe! Sounds yummy and we all like the ‘heat’ too! Thanx for sharing.

9. Kristen says

I made these tonight and couldn’t enjoy only because my lame self cannot tolerate spiciness and didn’t take out the seeds lol. Easy top make and flavorful but will remove the seeds lol. Great super bowl recipe!

• Kim Beaulieu says

Oh you poor girl. I know some people can tolerate them, some can’t. Mario Batali leaves seeds in everything, apparently the dude has high heat tolerance. So bummed for you though. Let me know how it goes next time you make them. And seriously, even us peeps who cook for a living make mistakes from time to time. I once forgot flour in a banana bread. Happens to the best of us. Hope you enjoyed the game. xx