Thanks to Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ for sponsoring this post. Cravings of a Lunatic appreciates all companies who help support this blog.
This slaw is made with sweet mini bell peppers, onions and a bit of garlic. This slightly sweet, slightly acidic slaw helps to highlight the amazing taste of this Farm Rich Smokehouse Pulled Pork BBQ!
I have to tell you I just love pulled meat. If you’re a regular reader this probably is not a big surprise. I make pulled meat often. It is one of our favourite meals, and even the picky hooligan loves it. My son will eat anything you put in front of him. My daughter is not that easy going. She is hyper picky about her food, but she absolutely digs pulled meat.
Some days we are so busy I honestly do not have time to cook pulled meat from scratch. And you know what, that is totally okay. Want to know why? Because there are fabulous products like Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ to make your life easier. That is a good thing. Live your life, and let the control freak aspect of your personality to be set free.
We had a little get together recently to celebrate my daughter graduating one of her courses. She has been away for months training. I can’t even tell you what she’s doing for security reasons. All I can tell you is she will be away for about 4 months and is kicking butt doing her thing. I’m so proud of her. At some point I can spill the beans what’s she’s been up to. You will freak out.
So she came home for a visit and we had a big cookout. I wanted to make my life as simple as possible so I could spend as much time as possible with her, and not cooking all the live long day. So I used Farm Rich Smokehouse Pulled Pork BBQ and then just made a slaw to top it off. It turned out amazing. Everyone loved it.
What’s really cool about this product is you can cook it in a variety of ways. I grilled mine so we could hang out in the yard and enough the fresh air. So I whipped up the slaw, grilled the meat, and we had an amazing feast with family. That’s what life is all about if you ask me. Spending quality time with family and friends is the key to a happy life.
Great food doesn’t hurt either!!
- 1 package of Farm Rich Smokehouse Pulled Pork BBQ (20 oz)
- 2 cups mini peppers, cut into thin short strips
- ¼ cup onion, cut into thin short strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used garlic flavoured olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (balsamic is also nice)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (less or more is okay)
- Hamburger buns, or rolls
- ¼ cup garlic oil
- Preheat the grill to 375 degrees F using the two zone method. You want one side of your grill heated, and the other side with no heat. You will be using indirect heat for this recipe.
- According to the package directions cook the pulled pork on the indirect heat side for 35 to 40 minutes.
- While it's cooking prepare the slaw.
- Cut up the peppers, and onion. Place in a large bowl. Stir to mix them up.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined perfectly. Pour over the vegetables.
- Add the minced garlic to the vegetables.
- Now toss to coat perfectly.
- Set in the fridge, or leave on counter till needed.
- Once the meat is finished cooking give it a good stir.
- Brush the inside of your buns with garlic oil (olive oil is fine if you don't have garlic oil) and toast them for a few minutes on the heated side of the grill. You want them lightly toasted so they only need a minute or two. Remove, and plate.
- Now scoop a nice heaping amount of pulled pork on the bottom bun, top with the mini pepper and onion slaw, then place the top bun over it.
- You can use a small skewer to hold them together. Plus it just looks cute when entertaining for a large crowd.
- Enjoy with a big old pulled meat and slaw loving smile!
Want to know a little bit about the Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ company? It’s authentic BBQ, it’s slow cooked for hours, then hand pulled. It uses simple ingredients and is made in America. All that adds up to a company I can support and trust.
Swing by Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ to can Get a $1.00 off coupon now! They encourage you to create your own recipes using Farm Rich Smokehouse products. Get creative, top with this slaw, or make a nice apple slaw. Or you can make a pulled pork or chicken pizza using their product. The possibilities are endless.
My favourite tip when entertaining for a cookout or party is to set up as much as you can the night before. Whatever cannot be put outside overnight I lay out on carrying trays to bring out the next day. Things like napkins, cutlery and cups can be put on trays or in shallow boxes. Set the trays or boxes near the door so you can finish setting up before folks show up.
What’s your favourite trick or tip for entertaining for a cookout or grilling party?
Hope you enjoy the slaw. I would love to hear what you think of it.
Thanks for swinging by the blog.
Toodles and smoochies! xx