This burger is cooked on a plank, then topped with mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese, onion rings and bacon. My hubby has dubbed it The Ringer. I was too busy shoving this burger in my face to argue.
Happy Burger Month! Kita of Girl Carnivore is our lovely hostess for this annual event. It’s always a blast. I’m down with any excuse to eat more burgers! I think every month should be burger month!
I am not kidding folks! I love burgers way too much. I could honestly eat them every single day. The options for toppings and added flavour are freaking endless. You can go simple, or go all out.
We tend to be pretty boring most days. I LOVE burgers with plain old yellow mustard. I know right! How boring am I? Not going to lie, most days I like simple food. You may call it boring, I call it classic.
However, I also love a good jazzed up burger. When I take the extra time to whoop it up with toppings I tend to go ALL out. Like this burger for instance. I got really carried away with this burger. So worth it!!
My son is visiting so we went crazy and made 3 different kinds of burgers. I’ll share the other two on my grill blog, Kiss My Smoke, next month. You will flip your lid when you see them!
For now enjoy this Onion Ring Cheeseburger. You will love it. Make sure you scroll to the giveaway. Kita arranged a massive giveaway for you guys. I hope one of my readers wins!!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- For the burger:
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- For the toppings:
- 1 head of lettuce
- ¼ pound mozzarella cheese, more if desired
- ¼ pound provolone cheese, more if desired
- 1 batch onion rings, cooked
- ½ pound of bacon, cooked
- 1 package of hamburger buns
- Soak 2 wooden planks for at least an hour.
- Preheat grill before using. Bring it to a medium heat.
- Mix spices with ground beef. do not overmix, it makes the meat tough.
- Form your burgers to your preferred size. Make sure you dimple each burger, you just lightly press your thumb down in the middle of each burger so a small imprint appears.
- Place the patties on the planks, leaving a bit of space between each burger patty.
- Place planks on the preheated grill. Put lid down and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
- I like mine to hit the grill for a bit more char and colour so once they are at about a medium rare I place each one on the grill grates and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Place patties back on the planks.
- Cover each patty with a slice of each cheese. Put the lid down until the cheese melts.
- Remove from grill carefully. Place on a platter to transfer to your work space.
- Place bottom buns on plates. Top each with a burger, onion rings, and lots and lots of bacon. Place top bun on each. Use a skewer to hold each burger together.
- Serve with a big old onion ring loving smile!
For added flavour you can use garlic butter and toast your buns. Really worth it if you have time.
Number of burgers can vary. You can make 4 x ½ pounders (yikes, monster size), or 8 x ¼ pounders (eeny weenie), or go for middle ground and make 6 perfectly sized burgers.
You must try this burger!
A huge thanks to all of the creative bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #burgermonth, Char-Broil, Cabot Cheese, Le Creuset, Dreamfarm, Spiceologist & Woodbridge Wines!
Okay, one more burger photo before I run off.
Have a fabulous week folks. I’m off goofing off with my kids! My son is visiting for a week from Alberta. We are going to enjoy every minute of our time together.
More giveaways coming up next week! Plus tons of fun new recipes!