Author: Kim Beaulieu
Recipe type: main course
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I didn't have fresh so I used minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 box (32 oz) of beef broth, or mix 4 cups boiling water with 1 to 2 tablespoons of better than bouillon beef base (I used the better than bouillon)
- 1 (28 fl oz) can of whole peeled tomatoes (san Marzano), pulsed in blender
- 1 (1 lb 8 oz) jar of pasta sauce ( I used Ragu Sauteed Onion & Garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles
- 1 (5 oz) package of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella (the new pizza mozzarella is the bomb)
- Brown your ground beef, onion, and pepper in a large dutch oven. It should be broken into fine particles and cooked till juices run clear.
- In the last minute or two add the garlic.
- Now add your brown sugar, tomatoes, sauce, oregano, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the noodles and simmer until they are tender. Stir in parmesan.
- Turn on your broiler.
- Transfer soup into ovenproof soup bowls.Top with oodles of cheese. Place in oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with a big old I love pasta smile!
Recipe by Cravings of a Lunatic at http://www.cravingsofalunatic.com/2012/11/lasagna-soup-sundaysupper.html