This Brown Butter Garlic Parmesan Pasta is a quick and easy recipe that is filled with flavour. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan and dig in!
Nothing beats a tasty pasta and this brown butter garlic parmesan pasta is no exception. It is one of my favourite dinners to make on nights when I don't have a lot of time to cook but want a delicious meal.
For me, brown butter is the epitome of incredible fall dining experiences. There is something about the nutty flavour that browned butter lends to pasta makes me think of fall and comfort food. It takes me to my happy place.
I just happened to have some wild garlic egg noodles I picked up on a trip so that became my jump-off point for the recipe. I knew I wanted to play up the garlic in this pasta, and nothing goes better with garlic pasta than parmesan.
This recipe came to life with my daughter's help. For those who have not heard, I fell down some stairs earlier this month. I'm okay but I fractured my fibula. I also bruised every inch of my body, so I'm incredibly sore.
Needless to say, it's hard to cook and work right now. I can stand long enough to make quick recipes. I knew this one would be a fast, easy recipe that I could handle from start to finish. The quicker it came together the quicker I could sit down.
Enter my own little mini-me. My daughter is in her 20's and just happened to have the day off work. She helped me prep and cook this recipe. She also helped style all the photos in the post. In my biased opinion she totally rocked it!
Give this brown butter garlic parmesan pasta recipe a try and let me know what you think of it. If you don't have wild garlic egg noodles you can use regular egg noodles. Or swap for any noodles you love. If you don't have fresh parmesan or garlic just use what you have on hand. No judgment here.
More pasta recipes
- Meatless Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna
- Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Mini Meatloaf Sandwiches with Red Pepper Pesto
- Steak Fajitas with Drunken Peppers
More dinner recipes
- Honey Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Cashew Chicken
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
- More Dinner Recipes!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Brown Butter Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- ½ cup salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 12.3 oz egg noodles
- 200 g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- Put on a pot of water for the noodles at the beginning so it cuts cooking time. The water should be starting to boil at the same time your butter is browning. I used a small stock pot for my noodles and filled it ¾ full of water, and added salt once it boiled.
- In a small dutch oven cook the butter over medium heat until it bubbles and foams. It will start to develop brown specks as it begins to emit a nutty aroma. Whisk until it's lightly golden brown, then toss in the garlic for about 1 minute. At this point, your butter should be perfectly golden and your garlic will smell fragrant. Remove the pan from heat to stop the cooking process. The entire process should take about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on your stove and pan. Keep the pan nearby because you will use that one for the final process.
- Toss the noodles in the water and cook for one minute less than the package requires. Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta, but do NOT rinse it.
- Put the dutch oven back on the burner over medium-low heat. Toss the cooked noodles in, stirring to coat the noodles evenly with the butter and garlic. Toss about ½ of the parmesan, and about ¼ to ½ cup of reserved pasta water into the dutch oven, stir until pasta is creamy and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Garnish with parsley, if desired. If you don't have fresh you can use dried.
- Serve with a big old brown butter loving smile!
- Toss the egg noodles in hot boiling water.
If you're looking for more pasta recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find easy dinner recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you're here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It's a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Original post dated November 22, 2016.
Updated on September 23, 2020.
I'm definitely going to try this. Looks delicious.
Hi, Joyce. I hope you love it. We really enjoy quick pastas. I have a few more coming up using tri-coloured noodles. I've been craving carbs while recuperating from the fracture. Not sure why but it's all I want to eat right now. Ha!
Alyssa | EverydayMaven
I am a big fan of pappardelle pasta and this looks great!
Lauren Kelly Nutrition
You had me at browned butter! This looks amazing and your pictures are gorgeous!
Yes, YES to browned butter and pasta! These is a fantastic pasta dish to enjoy any night of the week. I've never heard of Gay Lee butter and now I'm so curious to try it!!
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet
This pasta sounds absolutely divine! I'm a HUGE butter fan (the more the merrier!) and quality makes all the difference. I've never heard of Gay Lea and am looking forward to checking them out - thanks for introducing me!
This pasta is total comfort food! Exactly what I need right now.
Brandy | Ntmeg Nanny
Seriously though... Brown butter?! YUM! Looks incredible!
Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos
This is the epitome of pasta love - the flavors of brown butter with garlic and Parmesan - delicious!
Great recipe! Made this last night with whole wheat pasta and added some chicken meatballs. Delicious. Whole family loved it! Thanks
Hi Anna. I'm so happy you and the family loved it. I'm going to try adding meatballs to mine next time.
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons
Love this! (Both the brown butter AND the garlic!!). PS-your daughter is talented!
Thanks so much. On both counts. Much appreciated. xx
This looks amazing!
Thanks so much Serena. I appreciate it.
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
This looks good and your pictures are crystal clear!
Wow those noodles sound so yummy! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Sharing on G+! Have a great week!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Omigosh this pasta looks AHHHMAZING! I bet it smells freaking unbelievable. I lovelovelove brown butter...and garlic....and parm...mmmmm
This sounds so delicious! Now I need to go find those noodles!
I mean, brown butter! Enough said 🙂
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables
This sounds amazing! I absolutely love pasta and these flavors sound perfect!
Betsy @ Desserts Required
I LOVE how you browned the butter for this recipe! Baby Girl rocked the cooking and styling, too.
Sharing on Desserts Required's FB page manana.
Thanks Betsy. Brown butter just seems so "gourmet" to me. I love how it elevates a simple dish. Also, thanks for the compliment. I'm trying to rock the new camera but the focus is testing me a bit. Hopefully I'll perfect it soon. I might take a few classes just to nail down the settings. Apparently the 6D is known for being tricky to focus. Which makes me feel beer because I've really been struggling with it. I thought it was my eyesight but I guess it's a fairly common issue. I can't wait to go to the video course in April. I have a feeling I'll learn so much about my camera on top of shooting video.
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.
p.s. We might be going to Blogher '17. Is that near you?
Brown butter is one of my favorite ways to add flavor, it's so rich and nutty. This is a super delicious dish!
I feel the same way. I think it's underused in the culinary world.
What a marvelous and EASY recipe!! My family loved it so I'll be making it again soon.
I'm so happy to hear that. Thanks for trying it and stopping by.