A healthy and delicious cauliflower base pizza topped with goat cheese and peppers.
Notice anything different?
Yes Kim made something healthy which is wicked different. But that's not it.
Okay the design is new. It's not quite done yet. Still tweaking a few this and that's. But I'm totally digging it thus far. Kita is a genius. I love her more than turtles.
But let's forget about the design for now as there will be more on that another day.
For now let me turn your attention to....Skinny Cauliflower Pizza with Peppers!
Yes they are adorable.
Yes they are healthy.
Yes I actually ate one.
And did not spontaneously combust...
Progress people. That's progress.
Okay I kid. I've made cauliflower pizza before. I made a beautiful Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic. It was spectacular. I've also made Wild Rice Pizza before. It was equally spectacular. I would give you better adjectives but I was up all night with a sick puppy. I've had 3 hours sleep and have worked a 16 hour day so far. So my brain is mush. I'd call it spectacularly mushy but at this point I'm not even sure if I should be using adjectives, verbs or nouns without some kind of parental guidance or something. I'm not even sure I know what adjectives, verbs and nouns are right now.
But I know pizza.
And this one is spectacular!
For the base:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- 1 egg
For the top:
- 8 tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- ½ green pepper chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped
For the base:
- Cook your cauliflower until it's soft. Mine was gigantic so it took about 10 minutes in the microwave. I added a bit of water to keep it from drying out. 10 minutes seems excessive so my cauliflower was probably not quite ready to plucked yet. Use discretion. You can also roast the cauliflower first, it adds a nice flavour profile.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, remove it and mash it up with a fork.
- Add the goat cheese and egg and whip it up a bit with a mixer or through a ricer.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet divide the mixture into 4 tiny pizza bases.
- It helps to use a couple of spoons to flatten it out then you kind of drag the spoon and shape the edges. Sounds complicated but it's super easy.
For the top:
- Use 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce per mini pizza. (you can totally use 1 if you are looking to keep calories down)
- Smooth out the sauce.
- Add your crumbled goat cheese over top.
- Add your chopped peppers on top.
- Pop it in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove carefully.
- Serve with a big old skinny butt smile!
If your cauliflower is too wet you can use paper towels to wring out the excess moisture. Do not wring out too much or you might end up with the crust falling apart. You should be able to use a spatula to remove and it stays together. Every cauliflower is a bit different in size and crunch so you have to make a judgement call on how dry or wet you want it. I like mine to be sticky but not dripping if that makes sense to you. I used a base recipe from Linda Wagner since I've used it before and loved it. The Detoxinista's recipe is fabulous as well. Both blogs have great pizza base recipes as well as lots of other healthy options for you. You should check them out.
Make sure you stop by the Sunday Supper crew's blogs to check out all these skinny options. It's a dream come true for anybody watching their waistline or living a clean lifestyle. I aspire to, and then I fall off the wagon on occasion. Luckily I have friends like these who throw my wide bottom back on the wagon and make me realize eating krispies every day is not the way to keep the waistline trim. I love the Sunday Supper crew. They really are the most amazing, supportive bunch of folks you will ever meet. So show them some love and pop by to say hello!
Sizzling Skinny Appetizers & Soups
- Napa Cabbage wrapped Chinese Spring Rolls by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- #DairyFree Cream of Broccoli Soup by Galactosemia in PDX
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup by NeighborFood
- Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Tomato Basil Soup by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Skinny Beef Chili by Webicurean
Healthy Skinny Mains & Sides
- Chicken with Herb Tomatoes and Pan Sauce by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Salad Wraps by MamaMommyMom
- Mashed Cauliflower by Supper for a Steal
- Lamb Florentine Burger with Tzatziki by Country Girl in the Village
- Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps by The Daily Dish Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad by Family Foodie
- Parchment-Poached Salmon by Simply Gourmet
- Maddy’s Arugula Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Light chicken enchiladas by My Cute Bride
- Pear Almond Arugula Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pasta Primavera by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cauliflower Fried Rice by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ahi Tuna Salad by The Urban Mrs
- Soba Noodles with Edamame and Green Onions by Hip Foodie Mom
- Scallops Hong Kong Style by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Herb Roasted Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Peas by The Lovely Pantry
- Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers by In The Kitchen With K P
- Salmon Tikka Wraps with Cucumber Raita by Soni’s Food
- Whole wheat pasta with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs by I Run For Wine
- Chipotle Black Bean Burgers with Baked Garlic Home Fries by Curious Cuisiniere
- The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers with Parsnip Fries by Gourmet Drizzles
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots by Mangoes and Chutney
- Italian Sub Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Swiss Chard and Quinoa Croquettes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Broccoli Patties with Arugula and Champagne Vinaigrette by Sustainable Dad
- Raw Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Salmon in Orange Dressing by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich by Damn Delicious
- Confetti Cabbage and Salmon Wraps by The Roxx Box
- Escarole and Beans by Midlife Roadtrip
- Cajun Black Beans by Ruffles and Truffles
- Caprese salad by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Skinny Wholegrain Fettuccine Alfredo with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Oil by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Guilt Free Skinny Desserts & Snacks
- Chocolate Avocado Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Tiramisu Parfaits by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sugar Free Banana Almond Muffins by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns by Juanita’s Cocina
- Warm Apple Crumble by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apricots by girlichef
- Homemade Protein Bar Recipe by Masala Herb
- Skinny Chocolate Almond Pudding by Basic N Delicious
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Skinny Sunday Supper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Later this week I'll give you the guided tour of the new design. Still a few things to be implemented before I do that. For now just enjoy a nice healthy pizza.
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more pizza recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Oh Kim, I love your personality and how it shines through in your blog. You make me laugh with your light sense of humor. Love this idea of a carb-less pizza! I'll have to try this recipe very soon. What I love about it the most is that the possibilities are endless. Blog looks beautiful too!
The Wimpy Vegetarian
Love your new look! Congrats - I recently went through a design change too. It's fun and a little stressful all at the same time. And love your use of cauliflower as a pizza! Very creative. I use the slabs as 'steaks' but had never though to use them as a pizza. Really love it!
What a fantastic idea!!!
I thought your page was looking different, even before it finished loading! I love this pizza as much as I love the new design!
Cauliflower pizza has been on my list for months. This one sounds especially good. I just gotta try it.
Congrats on your new design!
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies
Okay, I have put cauliflower ON pizza before, but I still haven't tried it as a crust. And I kind of feel like I'm missing out now. Definitely need to do this!
Frank @ Kraemer's Culinary Blog
Sorry I didn't have much time lately to visit. I see there is a lot going on here. I love the the new design. The cauliflower pizza looks awesome. I like cauliflower and will definitely try this dish in the near future. Hopefully I will have some time to join the Sunday Supper conversation on Twitter.
That crust makes me actually want to eat cauliflower, and that is saying something.
Sarah I laughed out loud at your comment. I used to hate cauliflower but I swear now I love it. Best thing you can do is roast it in the oven with oil olive. Tastes like candy, no lie!