Homemade Popcorn drizzled with hot butter, then sprinkled with my favourite cinnamon sugar mixture. You are going to love this one!
Hey peeps! What goes better with watching TV than popcorn? Nothing! Exactly! Popcorn is the king in terms of snacks to nosh on while watching your favourite TV shows. This cinnamon sugar popcorn is sheer perfection.
I am a serious popcornaholic. I can never get enough it. We make it when we watch TV at night. Almost every night quite frankly. My daughter likes hers straight up. Hot butter and salt, nothing else. The rest of us are what she refers to as "freaks of nature", which is anyone who eats their popcorn any other way.
Today I have a sponsored post via TapInfluence and Beamly. Why a sponsored post about a TV site on a food blog? Um, have you read my blog posts? Or my facebook statuses. As my obsession with The Walking Dead reaches epic proportions I figured it's a perfect fit for me and my compulsive TV habits and ramblings. And it goes perfectly with popcorn.
I'm going to be honest with you now. My family is SO sick of me watching, and talking about TWD so this was perfect timing. Now I get to chat with people who are as obsessed with it as I am. I just started watching The Walking Dead this year. To explain just how obsessed I am I'll admit this is my fourth time watching it. In two months I've watched the whole series 4 times. Clearly I have problems. Clearly I'm too busy watching The Walking Dead to care!
With Beamly I can now obsess with other people who love my shows as much as I do. I'm also obsessed with Survivor, Scandal, and all the Real Housewives shows. So I'm a well-rounded obsessive compulsive TV viewer. Survivor is something I've watched since it started. I have never, and I mean NEVER, missed an episode. We have a tradition of watching it live every week while it's on. We've rarely had to DVR it. We basically plan our whole lives around Wednesday nights. I'm not sure if we should be proud of that fact, or wildly embarrassed how boring our lives are. We'll go with proud since it's the least pathetic option.
The "real housewives" is my guilty obsession. I watch them like most people watch sitcoms. Honestly every time the disclaimer pops up at the beginning of the show that says "for mature audiences only" I fall on the floor laughing. There is nothing mature about those shows at all. However I'm okay with that, I find them wildly hilarious and indulgent. I'm always stunned woman actually behave the way these women do. I mean I'm 45, I've got lots of gal pals and I've never pulled their hair or punch them in the face. So colour me shocked when they behave the way they do.
I've been visiting Beamly to chat about my favourite shows. It's seriously awesome and I enjoy it immensely. Feel free to join me there for some TV gabbing. I'm following The Walking Dead, Scandal, Survivor, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, and The Real Housewives of New York.
I'm diving into Game of Thrones this weekend. I've held off adding another addiction to my life but I cannot resist any longer. I aim to start watching this coming weekend. Likely compulsively all weekend long. It's how I roll. Remember, The Walking Dead four times through in two months. Seriously, someone send help immediately.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |Instagram |G+ | Kiss My Smoke
Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
For the Popcorn:
- 12 cups fresh popped popcorn I use an air popper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter melted and warm but not scorching hot
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon roasted saigon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg optional
- Note You may have sugar left over. I make super large batches of it to sprinkle on muffins and pies so I keep a massive mason jar full of it all the time!
- Pop your popcorn however you like. You can use microwave if you don't like making your own. You can pop it on the stove, or you can use an air popper. We use an air popper about 85% of the time.
- Set aside in one giant bowl, or a bunch of smaller bowls.
- Melt the butter on the stove over medium heat. You want to whisk it to keep it smooth. Once it bubbles and melts completely you can turn off the heat. You want the butter warm, but if you pour it over the popcorn too hot it can shrink your popcorn. No one likes shrinkage so use warm, but not scorching butter on popcorn.
- As it cooks you can mix the Cinnamon Sugar Mix in a small bowl. Combine everything and mix it up really well. I usually toss mine in a mason jar, pop the lid on, and shake the heck out of it. Leftovers can be stored in mason jars and used over muffins and pies.
- Pour your melted butter over top of the popcorn and make sure you coat it all evenly.
- Now sprinkle as much, or as little of the cinnamon sugar mix over top of the popcorn. Start slow and taste as you go so you don't go too heavy handed for your own tastebuds. You can always add more, but you can't take away. Good rule of thumb for adding flavour to anything really.
- Nosh on it immediately while the butter and popcorn are still warm.
- Serve with a big old "I'm going to eat too much of this and I really don't care" smile!
For More Popcorn Munching Check These Out:
Make sure you swing by Beamly and join me for some The Walking Dead chat. And by The Walking Dead chat I mean let's talk about how cute Norman Reedus is for hours and hours.
Reader Comment Disclaimer: Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Toodles and smoochies! xx
Beamly is THE 24 X 7 social and content network for TV and TV fans. Join me today in TV conversations and get the latest juice and gossip about your favorite shows!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Zeebox. The opinions and text are all mine.