This is a simple pasta salad you can whip up in a snap. It uses fresh seasonal produce that you can pick up at your local farmers market. Swap out the produce as the seasons change for variety!
This is a pasta salad I make often. I love it, and my family loves it. It's perfect for summer. You can use local veggies from your farmers market and swap them out as the seasons change. What I love about this pasta salad is it's good warm or cold. My hubs likes a cold pasta salad, while I like mine warm. I tend to nosh a ton of this stuff the first day I make it. Hubs prefers it the next day when all the flavours marry together.
We eat this for a light meal on a busy day. We try to eat meatless a couple of days a week. So this fits the bill on those days. It also makes a great side dish as well. It's one of those "go to" recipes you can bring to a pot-luck or shower. If I'm feeling like I need to pump up the volume on this I'll add some chicken to it. Super yummy!
Another thing I love about this one is it's great when you have extra noodles hanging around. I made a huge batch of noodles the other day for a stir fry for Mini-Me so I had some left over. They worked perfectly for this. I like to use spaghetti noodles for this too, as well as farfalle. The mini ones are not only tasty but they look super cute in a pasta salad.
If you need to take these with you when you're on the run use small mason jars. They work perfectly for packing up things like this. You can bring them to a picnic and everyone has their own little jar to nosh from. Totally cute. Hope you get a chance to try these.
Farmers Market Pasta Salad
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- ¾ to 1 cup of salad dressing I used Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan
- ⅓ cup yellow pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup shallot chopped
- ½ cup celery diced
- ½ cup carrot shredded or diced
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook your pasta ahead of time.
- In a large bowl combine all of your ingredients. Mix well.
- Add more salad dressing if you find it dry.
- Mix again.
- Pop in the fridge for about 4 to 8 hours.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan over top if desired.
- Serve with big old I love my Farmers Market smile!
Absolutely delish! Try it today. Seriously!
To see other great Weekday Suppers from our Sunday Supper crew visit some of my peeps:
- Monday – That Skinny Chick Can Bake – Chicken Piccata
- Tuesday – Supper For A Steal – Roasted Poblano Mac and Cheese
- Wednesday – Shockingly Delicious – Sun-Dried Tuna Italian Rice Bowl
- Thursday – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings – Sausage and Peppers Turnovers
- Friday -Cravings of a Lunatic – Farmers Market Pasta Salad
Check in tomorrow for a huge cherry recipe round-up! Tons of amazing cherry recipes to enjoy for cherry season!
Toodles and smoochies! xx