Amazing smashed potato recipe that's fried in onions then drizzled with Meyer Lemon Dressing! Perfect for holidays, special occasions or any day you crave a fabulous side dish.
Made you look didn't I? I mean who wouldn't. Look at these freaking potatoes. You take baby potatoes, you boil them, then fry them in a cast iron pan in olive oil and onions. Then you drizzle them with a Meyer lemon dressing that will rock your world. No lie.
These potatoes are wicked good. And wildly addictive. I dare you to try to eat just one serving. You will not be able to. I guarantee it!
You all know I love me some potatoes, evidenced by my rock star Aerosmith Potatoes. I could eat potatoes morning, noon and night. And sometimes do.
So if you're a potato loving, carb eating freak like me you must try these potatoes out for yourself. I saw a recipe for them in Giada's cookbook, Weeknights with Giada and just had to put my own twist on them.
I didn't change much, just added some onions, and changed up some herbs. That's what I love so much about cooking. You can get inspired by anything, then you take it and tweak it to your own taste. It's a cool thing.
Never be afraid to play and experiment. Be adventurous, mix it up and make it your own way.
More Meyer Lemon Recipes:
- Meyer Lemon Parfaits
- Meyer Lemon Salt
- Aerosmith Potatoes with Meyer Lemon & Garlic Salt
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies
- Meyer Lemon Cream Cheese Candies
- Mini Meyer Lemon Meringue Tarts
- Meyer Lemon Sugar
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest ~ Twitter ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Fried Smashed Potatoes with Onions and Meyer Lemon Dressing
For the Potatoes:
- 3 lbs baby potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup onions slivered on a mandolin
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
For the Dressing:
For the Garnish:
- Zest of 1 to 2 meyer lemons
For the Potatoes:
- Use a large pot, pop in the potatoes and cover with water. Place on stove and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes, they should be fork tender.
- Remove and drain potatoes.
- Allow to dry for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Take your palm and gently press down on the potatoes to break the skin and flatten them a bit.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook the onions for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the start to soften. You can remove the onions and set aside.
- Now place the potatoes in the pan, you'll likely do about 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of your skillet. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes on each side. They should start to turn brown and soften up some more.
- Once you get all the batches down, pop them all back in the skillet with the onions and cook over medium low heat for about 2 minutes to just warm everything back up.
- Remove and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
For the Dressing:
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the ingredients together and whisk till thoroughly combined.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Garnish with the zest of a meyer lemon or two.
- Serve with a big old I cannot eat one serving smile!
Seriously yummy potatoes. Sure hope you try them. They are so amazingly good. I love the dressing over top. And look how pretty the meyer lemon zest looks. Functional and pretty, like any good garnish if you ask me.
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more dinner recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more side dish recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
I've made these quite a few times and everyone loves them. I am making tem for Easter too!
That's awesome to hear. Glad everyone liked them.
I am totally obsessed with these smashed potatoes! The little extra crispy bits around the edges are my favorite part!
Thanks. I'm all about the crispy bits too!