So it’s almost 5:30 pm and nopey, no groceries yet. Actually just headed to the barn. Things are looking grim folks. Can she pull off three recipes, cook, look this fabulous and be this tired? Hell yes, I’m a mom. It’s what we do. When the going gets tough we…wait…where was I going with this? Oh ya, the tough go shopping. The “broke” tough go grocery shopping. It’s the only outlet some of us have. I mean I can stare at different kinds of salt for hours. And do not get me started on those new grinder spice bottles. It’s like christmas in a tiny little jar. Every time I grind one of those suckers I get a high like I cannot explain. I particularly like the nutmeg one, it really is lovely. Now the cinnamon for some reason I don’t care for. Pink Himalayan salt is my all time fave. And I may have spelled it wrong but I know you’ll forgive me since I am too tired to go check the bottle.
Speaking of tired, I have to say today has been a rough day. I was up almost all night with insomnia. Add to that some kind of kidney distress and it was a wild night. So running on about 3 hours sleep right now. I’m tired, a bit cranky, but I look gorgeous with the bright new hair color. So the moral of the story, if you’re looking for one is if you are going to be tired at least have gorgeous, shiny hair. It distracts from the massive dark circles and bags you could pack a small family in.
Alright my loyal and lovely followers, I must run off to the barn before Kiana hits me with a crop or something. I shall return. I shall post some recipes. I’m not sure if I’m cooking said recipes or falling asleep in some sauce tonight. It’s a crapshoot. But you will get 3 lovely recipes to try.
To make up for my lunacy and ill prepared launch I will give you a cooking extravaganza tomorrow. I only have one little thing to do tomorrow so I’m calling tomorrow a bake/cook-fest. Here’s what I’m thinking…are you ready…steady yourselves…wait for it…wait for it….
1. Sex on the beach. Wtf? Did she just say that? Why yes I think I did just say that. And it’s not what you’re thinking you dirty minded lot. (okay I would have thought the same thing) It’s what my sis in law calls a dessert I used to make alot. Haven’t made it in a long time. Hm, all of a sudden I realize why I am so cranky and unfulfilled. Oh shoot, overshare,where’s that delete button now. It’s fab and I do not have the recipe written down so this will be interesting to see if I still know how to make sex on the beach. Goodness now this is a cooking blog. I must stop this.
2. Oreo ice cream. Yes you can buy this at the store. But I can promise it is not nearly as good as this stuff. It’s easy peasy and oreo squeezy. A total must try even for those who don’t like to cook. No stove involved. Totally worth the 5 minutes to make.
3. Apple granola muffins with homemade granola. Yes it’s healthy but you won’t know that. I suppose I should share the granola recipe too. Otherwise this is only half a recipe.
4. Kim’s world famous lasagna. That’s right folks. I am sharing this one for all to enjoy. Yes it’s my claim to fame. But I cannot hide it from the world any longer.
5. Homemade rolls. This sort of requires a breadmaker but I’m sure there is a way to adapt it to a mixer. I’ll do some digging for you folks who may not have a breadmaker. I have 2, but I’m special like that. Or crazy..whatevah!
Okay so off I go. I do not look forward to freezing my tush off at the barn. But gingy needs us. So freeze we will. Toodles folks. xx