Classic S'mores with a twist. These Grilled Strawberry and Caramel S'mores are made with graham crackers, chocolate bars filled with caramel, marshmallows, and fresh strawberries.
This is a sponsored post for Kingsford Charcoal and Glad. All opinions are my own, as always. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
It's officially grilling season and I could not be happier about that. I'm such an avid griller. In fact, I even have a grill blog. More on that later. For now, let's just celebrate the fact that the weather is warming up and we can all head outside to grill every day.
We live somewhere with harsh winters. I'm such a grilling enthusiast that I continue to grill in winter. However, I'll be honest and admit freely that grilling in spring and summer is SO much more enjoyable.
I count down the days until the weather warms up each year. That first grilling session where I don't have to wear a toque is everything to me.
I feel like grilling season should always kick off with a big bang. The first grill of spring should be epic. It should be absolutely delicious and indulgent. So I took free rein with this concept and opted to grill the perfect Summer BBQ recipe. With a bit of a twist.
S'mores are a classic no matter who you are or where you live. This iconic snack is perfect for grilling, camping, or just cooking over a fire pit. I love doing my s'mores on our charcoal grill. I can melt the chocolate perfectly over the graham crackers by placing the pan just over the embers. Then I can pop the marshmallows on skewers and brown them perfectly while the chocolate melts.
Timing is everything with s'mores so you have to make sure all of your elements come together perfectly. I prep all my ingredients ahead of time and use containers to keep things handy. It works for me. I place all the containers on a rimmed cookie sheet to carry outside. Rimmed cookie sheets are seriously handy when grilling.
You can pick up everything you need for making s'mores at Walmart. I picked up some Kingsford Charcoal, as well as some Glad Matchware Containers, plus all my ingredients. You will need graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate bars with caramel, and strawberries for this recipe. You can also pick up small tinfoil pans, and wood skewers which will help as well.
I'm a sucker for shopping at Walmart. I tend to like stores where I can grab everything from groceries to home goods, and everything in between. One stop shopping is my thing. I just do not have time to run to a bunch of different stores to pick up supplies. So Walmart works perfectly for my busy schedule. Plus the workers are so friendly which is a nice perk.
Glad Matchware Containers are perfect for storage, recipe prep, and marinating. They have colour match lids that seal perfectly which is a huge perk. No more fumbling around looking for the right lids. They are also BPA-Free which is a good thing.
Kingsford® Charcoal is my go to when I pull out my charcoal grill. It's quick to heat up so you're good to go in about 15 minutes. Plus it has a long burn time, which is perfect for slow grilling and smoking. It lights super fast as well.
So be sure to swing by Walmart to pick up some Kingsford Charcoal and Glad Matchware Containers. While you're there pick up all the supplies for these Grilled Strawberry and Caramel S'mores too. Kick off Summer BBQ Season in style!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Grilled Strawberry and Caramel S'mores
- Prep grill. Start the charcoal ahead of time, allow enough time for the temperature to be at a low heat. You don't need high heat for this one. I make these after cooking dinner so the heat level is low. I remove the grill rack from one side so I can toast the marshmallows over direct heat.
- Place half the graham crackers in a shallow tinfoil pan. Place other half in a container.
- Place 4 pieces of chocolate on top of each graham cracker.
- Place the pan on the grill rack and allow to cook until the chocolate melts. It should only take a few minutes, depending on your grill and the heat it will take anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes.
- While the chocolate is melting place the marshmallows on skewers. Cook them on the other side of the grill where you've removed the rack. If you can't remove your rack it's okay, just toast them where you can. I spin mine slowly so they brown as evenly as possible. Then I place them in a pan for transport to the table.
- Once the chocolate is melted remove the pan carefully from the grill. Transport to the table to assemble the s'mores.
- Place cracker bottom with melted chocolate on a plate. Top each one with a toasted marshmallow, then place 4 to 6 strawberry slices on top of the marshmallow. Finally top with another graham cracker. Press down slightly.
- Serve with a big old strawberry and caramel s'mores loving smile!
The caramel is sheer perfection with the strawberries. Want a bite?
If you're looking for more grilling recipes you can check my grill blog, Kiss My Smoke. Or peek around my recipe index on this blog for more great grilling recipes. I highly encourage you to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram too. All my new recipes post to both social media sites so it's a great way to keep up with all the new recipes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal and Glad . The opinions and text are all mine.