This Meyer Lemon Sugar is quick and easy seasoned sugar recipe. This fun DIY recipe makes a great gift during the holiday season!
Welcome to another day of Meyer Lemon Madness. Today brings you a recipe to make your own flavoured sugar. It’s s simple recipe to make your own Meyer Lemon Sugar.
You can use regular lemons in the recipe if Meyers are not in season, or available in your area. Any recipe using Meyer Lemons you can swap in regular lemons if you need to. Meyers are just a touch sweeter.
I love Meyer Lemons. It’s like an obsession when they are in season. I just cannot get enough of them. I thought I was down to my last ten the other day when hubs called to say he had found the motherload on his way back from out of town.
Apparently, the store had boatloads of them. So, I calmly told him I wanted 10 batches. Gotta love a man who doesn’t bat an eyelash when asked to buy 40 lemons.
I swear I’m dreaming up recipes in my sleep at this point. One night I dreamed I couldn’t juice them all because I broke both my arms. Yah, totally normal right?
Then, I dreamed they were multiplying and trying to get in my bedroom at night. Again, totally normal right?
Last night I dreamed they were chasing me and I rode off on my horse. Then she turned a yellowy orange colour. Normal right?
There’s no sensible reason for any of this. Yet, I still feel this need to hunt down more before they are all gone.
More Meyer Lemon Recipes:
- Meyer Lemon Parfaits
- Aerosmith Potatoes with Meyer Lemon & Garlic Salt
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies
- Meyer Lemon Cream Cheese Candies
- Mini Meyer Lemon Meringue Tarts
If you have never tried Vanilla Sugar you need to make some immediately. It’s a touch more versatile than the Meyer Lemon Sugar. Both are excellent staples to have in your pantry.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Meyer Lemon Sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Meyer Lemons, zest only
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F, you want it low as you're just drying the zest, not cooking it.
- Zest your lemons. You can use more or less zest depending how lemony you want your sugar.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread your zest over the parchment as evenly as possibly.
- Pop the meyer lemon zest in the oven, and cook for about 8 to 12 minutes. You want it to feel dry but not be starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Pour the zest and the sugar into your food processor and pulse it to help mix it up really well.
- If you don't have a food processor you can just mix it up by hand. I find pouring it into a jar half way full and shaking it works really well.
- You can use the sugar for any baking where you want a bit of a lemon zing.
- Store in an airtight container.
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.