This Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge is topped with melted chocolate and mini peanut butter cups chopped into pieces.
This Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is perfect for any beginner cook. It's decadent yet easy to make. That's my kind of fudge!
The thing about most fudge recipes is they are wicked hard to make, step heavy, or they are just plain temperamental. Most people get intimidated by fudge. However this fudge should inspire no fear.
It's made in the microwave. Every step of it. It is the easiest fudge I've ever made in my life. It's a thing of beauty.
Since this fudge has a special purpose I had to up the wow factor a bit. Plain peanut butter fudge was not going to cut it today.
So, I decided to drizzle some really good quality chocolate over top of the fudge. Then, I chopped up mini peanut butter cups and tossed those on top.
Sheer perfection if you ask me. In a tiny little sugar package.
This recipe does not disappoint. It's super easy to make and it's absolutely delicious.
If you're thinking to yourself "wow I'd really love some of this decadent Peanut Butter Fudge topped with Chocolate and Mini Peanut Butter Cups", well, you're in luck.
This fudge is super easy to make. Plus it's wicked quick too. Seriously, it's the easiest fudge you'll ever make.
- Butter - You can use salted or unsalted butter for this fudge.
- Peanut Butter - I used smooth peanut butter. Use whatever kind you like.
- Extract - This recipe uses vanilla extract. Rum extract would be nice too!
- Sugar - I used powdered sugar for this recipe
- Chocolate - You can use any kind of chocolate you love. Personally, I prefer milk chocolate.
- Peanut Butter Cups - I love Trader Joe's mini peanut butter cups but Reese's are amazing too!
How to Make Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge:
Be sure to scroll to the recipe card for FULL ingredients and directions!
- First add butter and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave and melt together until smooth.
- Then remove the bowl from the microwave, whisk the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Next, add the vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir.
- Now transfer the mixture to a parchment lined pan.
- Then, smooth the top of the fudge. Cover and refrigerate.
- Next, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate until it's smooth.
- Remove fudge from fridge and spoon the chocolate over top.
- Lastly, toss the chopped mini peanut butter cups over top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until the fudge sets up.
More Great Fudge Recipes:
- Cake Batter Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Microwave Nutella S’mores Fudge
- Red Velvet Swirl Fudge
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Fudge with Pistachios
- Red Velvet Fudge
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
For the fudge:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
For the topping:
- 1 cup good quality chocolate melted
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups chopped
- Place butter and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and stir, place back in microwave and cook for about another minute depending on your microwave. It gets super hot so handle with care. If you're microwave is not powerful you may need to go an additional minute.
- Place on counter, whisk the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, then the powdered sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together and loses it gloss.
- Transfer to a parchment lined 8 by 8 inch pan. Make sure you leave some parchment hanging over the edges so you can pull it down to cover the fudge while it sets, and also it makes it easier to remove to cut.
- Smooth the fudge inside the pan. Fold over the parchment so the fudge is covered and not exposed to air. Pop in the fridge till it sets up. Takes a couple of hours.
- Remove from fridge and set on counter in pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second increments until it's melted and smooth. Spoon evenly over fudge.
- Toss the chopped up pieces of peanut butter cups over top on the warm chocolate so they stick.
- Pop back in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve with a big old peanut butter smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
Check out my recipe index for more amazing recipes. Not only can find more fudge recipes but also tons of Christmas recipes.
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.
Anita at Hungry Couple
Awe...little Demon Spawn. 🙂 Hadley says hi! Incidentally, Hadley is smarter than many people I've met but, when it comes to things she doesn't want to do, she suddenly develops a case of severe brain damage...
Ha, isn't she precious. Mostly when she's sleeping. Malia says hi to Hadley and she would like more puppy treats soon. Omg, I hear you. My sis got Malia one of those toys that hides treats in compartments and she had it figured out in seconds. And some were wicked hard. Yet me teaching her not to bite me when she wants me to throw her ball is beyond her. lol
Anita at Hungry Couple
Oh, yeah, I've tried those doggie brain game things with Hadley. She figures them out instantly and then looks at me like I'm an idiot. But the concept of heel, as in 'stop dislocating my shoulder when we go for walks, you damn dog'...that's totally above her capabilities. 🙂
shannon @ a periodic table
oh my goodness: the fudge right now! i saw this over on Kita's site this morning, and i'm fairly certain i gained weight just looking at it. just saying. it's so nice of everyone to participate in this: you all did a fantastic job...so many baked goods, and it couldn't be for a better cause. Now i don't know what to bid on.
Thanks so much Shannon. I'm so proud to be involved. Kita is good people.
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
I love your fudge but alas, peanut butter cups don't live here. I'm going to try it with just the chocolate. 🙂
Thanks so much Maureen. You should try it with chocolate then peanut butter ganache. Holy heck that would be amazing.
Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine)
Ohhh I need to make this! Looks amazing. I wonder if I can make it with Biscoff too...?
Thanks Ashley. I would try it. I'm making it with Nutella tomorrow. It's now an obsession.
Microwave fudge is the best! We've been making it that way for years - super flavor and dead simple to make. Yours looks terrific. Kita is doing good stuff - thanks for passing along the word. And cute picture of Malia. Funny, she appears rather angelic in that picture - nothing at all like the Demon Spawn of Satan!
Thanks John. I am so pleased with it. I need to keep my house cooler. It's taking all my self restraint not to bake in my oven and cook on the stove.
Kita is amazing. I'm so happy she's willing to help Muffin, they are a perfect match.
Don't let the Demon Spawn fool you. She's presently pushing my hubby our of the chair cuz she thinks it's hers.
But but. . . I don't currently have a microwave!! Can I just put peanut butter on a spoon, top it with the fudge and call it it a day?
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Oh great heavens....
so prettyyyy and choco-peanutbutteryyy
Abbe@This is How I Cook
Great cause Kim and it looks like great fudge!
Thanks so much Abbe. I just love this stuff. And so happy to help Kita is some small way.
Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com
I love that we're peanut butter cup fudge twins! Great minds definitely think alike. I also love that Muffins for Muffin was such a success--can't think of a better cause!
This fudge is one of my fave quick recipes! Everyone I give it to loves it so much. Great idea to add toppings!
Oh yes, I am all for simple though I don't always stick to that. Today I am about to make a four layer cake and each layer is different. Let's see if I return to simple is best after today.
Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.
Perfect fudge, great gift set, and all for such a great cause!
WOWWWW These are fantastic treats!!
P.S - Demon Spawn is looking sooooooooo cute 🙂
This looks great!
What a great cause.. you guys and Kita are all awesome!!
TOO, too easy, Kimmy.
Love the chocolate on top. Just makes it even more decadent.
So unbelievably easy! And delicious! Too bad my kids ate it all in one day. Time to make more!
Thank you so much. I am so happy the kids liked it. Having it all devoured in one day is the best compliment ever.