These Mini Taco Pizzas are perfect to serve for lunch, dinner or as a snack. They also make great appetizers for parties.
Nothing beats pizza when it comes to dinner. Kids love these for an after school snack or in their lunches. Adults love them too!
It's one of the most versatile foods on the planet. You can customize it to your own tastes and be really creative with it.
Whether you love a traditional pizza or something over the top, we have a Pizza Recipe just for you.
Pizza Dough - I used Pillsbury French bread for this but you can use their biscuits or pizza dough if you like. In a pinch you can tortillas but for this recipe I wanted a puffy pizza crust.
Pizza Sauce - You can use store bought pizza sauce or you make your own. I always add a little sugar to store bought. Just a personal preference for taste.
Cheese - I used cheddar cheese but feel free to use any kind of cheese you like on tacos or pizza. You can even do a combination of cheeses for added flavour.
Taco Meat - This recipe calls for cooked ground beef with taco seasoning already in it. I typically make these with leftover taco meat but you can make a batch just for these. I would recommend 1 pound of meat and 1 package of taco seasoning, or half if you like less meat on your pizza.
Optional Toppings - I used tomatoes, shallots, onions, peppers, lettuce, and salsa on mine. You can also a dollop of sour cream on top.
How to Make Mini Taco Pizzas:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Normally I cook pizza at a higher temperature but the Pillsbury dough is better cooked a bit lower so you don't burn the bottom.
- Spray two muffin tins with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Open the package of French bread, do NOT roll it out, leave it in the shape it's already in. Then, slice into it so you have round pieces of dough for the taco pizzas. Depending on the thickness you cut them, you should get between 18 to 24 pieces. Place a piece of dough into each muffin tin well.
- Add a little spoonful of pizza sauce over each piece of dough and smooth with a spoon.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over each mini pizza.
- Top each one with a spoonful of taco meat. Use more or less to your own taste.
- Place the muffin tins in the preheated oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pans from the oven and use a butter knife of small offset spatula to remove the pizzas from the pan.
- Top with whatever taco toppings you love.
- Serve immediately or store for later.
How to Store Leftover Taco Pizza:
Wait until the pizzas cool, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are good for about 2 days in the fridge.
Can I Freeze Mini Taco Pizzas:
Yes, you can freeze them. Allow them to cool completely first before freezing.
I suggest wrapping each one individually with plastic wrap, then place them all in an airtight container and store in the freezer. They will last for up to 2 months but personally I try to use them within a month.
More Dinner Recipes:
- Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Easy Steak and Peppers
- 10 Easy Recipes for Leftover Chicken
- Mac n Cheese
- Sesame Chicken
- Hussy Pasta
- Seafood Chowder 2.0
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Mini Taco Pizza Bite
- 1 package Pillsbury french bread
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup prepared and seasoned taco meat
- Tomatoes diced
- Shallot sliced thinly
- Onion sliced thinly
- Peppers sliced thinly
- Lettuce shredded
- Salsa any kind you prefer
- Sour cream to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray two muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pop the package for the french bread. Lay it on a cutting board but don't roll it out. Leave it intact and then cut slices off it, sort of like slicing cookie dough. You should be able to slice off 18 to 24 pieces.
- Place one piece of french bread dough in each muffin tin well. It helps to take your palm and flatten the dough a bit.
- Spread a little pizza sauce on each one, to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over each one.
- Spoon on the taco meat over each one evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a spoon or knife to help remove the pizzas.
- Top each with whatever toppings you dig.
- Serve with a big old back to school smile!
Thanks for visiting today!