How to Make Nutella Ganache. This easy two ingredient chocolate ganache recipe is perfect for using as a frosting over almost everything!
There is nothing better than Nutella Ganache for topping sweets. I use it on topping cakes, cookie pizzas, ice cream, and even mini muffins. It’s easy to make and utterly addictive!
Welcome to Day 3 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started was something I started way back in 2012. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event.
I freaking adore Nutella. It’s SO good. I could just eat it right out of the jar. And often do. I also love making recipes with it.
More Great Nutella Recipes:
- Nutella Muddy Buddies
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Microwave Nutella S’mores Fudge
- Peanut Butter and Nutella Swirl Cookies
- Easy Nutella Pop Tarts with Nutella Ganache
It seems fitting to make some Nutella Ganache for Christmas Week. It makes such a fun gift for friends and families. I love giving away jars of it. People love this stuff. If you give this to people they will be eternally grateful, I promise you that. Nutella makes people super happy.
This is wicked easy to make. You can add vanilla extract to it if you really wanted to. I like to keep it simple most of the times I make it. But I’ve dressed it up with extra chocolate and also flavoured extracts. You can adjust it really easily. It’s a bit fun to play with.
I also love that it keeps well in the fridge. I make it in large batches on occasion then pop a couple of extra jars in the fridge. It keeps for a couple of weeks. You just pull it out and heat it up in the microwave. Super easy and it reheats absolutely beautifully. You will be impressed, I promise you.
Whip up a batch, or three, and let me know what you think of it. It’s one of those recipes you want to keep as a staple in your fridge. It’s useful for so many things. I top everything from muffins to cake with it. Sometimes I even just drink it from the jar. For real. It’s happened and I’m not ashamed of it.
Now that I’ve told you my Nutella secrets I’ll lead you into the giveaway information. Because that’s how we roll here at Cravings of a Lunatic. We blow your mind, embarrass ourselves, then distract you with shiny things. I know right, it’s sort of brilliant. If I do say so myself. And I think I just did.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Measure out the Nutella, and scoop into a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan warm the heavy cream until it begins to boil. You want it to just start to bubble up around edges of the pot for about a minute or two, so it's warm but not at a full boil. Take off the heat and turn off burner.
- Pour the heated heavy cream over the Nutella you set aside in the bowl earlier. Whisk the mixture until it's smooth and begins to thicken. It takes some time so just keep whisking until it starts to thicken up. It takes about 2 to 4 minutes to get it smooth and thick. If it's not thick enough add a little more Nutella, 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired thickness you like.
- Pour into a container or mason jar and store in the fridge until needed.
- When you're ready to use it just microwave it for 30 to 60 seconds to warm it up.
- It keeps for a couple of weeks in the fridge. I keep some on hand all the time. It reheats beautifully.
- You can double this recipe easily.
- You can use it over ice cream as a hot fudge sauce, over cookie pizzas, pop tarts, muffins, or anything else your little heart desires.
- Serve with a big old Nutella loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!