These S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches are simple to make and absolutely worth the indulgence and mess! They are perfect for summer parties!
This recipe was originally published for Ice Cream Week 2014, an event hosted by myself and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen.
I wanted to share some easy recipes for ice cream that do not require an ice cream maker. I have so many ice cream recipes on the blog that use one that I thought it would be fun to do a couple that don't.
This one is so easy to make, but I'll warn you it's messy like crazy. But totally worth it. Just keep some napkins handy.
- Graham Crackers - You can use either plain or chocolate graham crackers for this recipe. Or get creative and use any other kind of cookie you love.
- Marshmallows - Use large marshmallows for this recipe.
- Ice Cream - I used chocolate ice cream for mine but you can use any kind of ice cream you prefer.
- Hot Fudge Sauce - Store bought hot fudge is perfect for this particular ice cream sandwich recipe. Or you can make homemade hot fudge sauce if you prefer!
How to Make S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Place half of your crackers on a plate or cutting board, good side down.
- Melt the marshmallows in the microwave, then spread over the crackers.
- Next, warm the hot fudge sauce slightly. Set aside to allow it to cool a bit.
- Cut your ice cream into squares. We buy the rectangular cartons of ice cream for this. It makes it super easy to cut and size. You can also use a scoop and just flatten the ice cream with your hand. Slide that over the hot fudge layer.
- Quickly pour a little hot fudge sauce over each sandwich and then top with a graham cracker.
- Serve immediately or freeze them for later.
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Heavenly Hash
- Saffron Ice Cream
- Cocoa Pebbles Ice Cream
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Line up 12 crackers on a serving platter, good side down.
- Melt the marshmallows in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes, checking often. Spread them evenly over graham crackers.
- Now warm up the hot fudge sauce slightly. You want it warm but not hot or your ice cream will slide right off the sandwich. Set aside.
- Cut the ice cream into squares. I buy the rectangular box, open it up and slice like I would with a watermelon. Seriously, works like a charm. Pay attention to size so the ice cream fits on the ice cream sandwich. Slide the ice cream on top of the marshmallow layer.
- Quickly top with sauce, and then top each one with a graham cracker.
- Serve immediately. It helps to have solid ice cream to start off with so you have time to work. Or get someone to help. This recipe requires quick work.
- Serve with a big old s'mores loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!