Hi folks. Trying to breeze through this post to get it up in 8 minutes. Do I stand a chance? Probably not. Here’s hoping.
So as you read during my Turtle Bark post last year we only got one box of Turtles for Xmas. Well this year I think we scored at final tally about 6. Yup, apparently people read my blog and must have felt sympathy for me. I even got a box of limited edition Turtles. So what do you do with that many Turtles. Well first you inhale the first 5 boxes, then you get a tummy ache, can’t fit in your jeans and need an intervention. So you decide to unload them fast, now what’s the best way to bring the rest of the family to the dark side? Well ice cream of course. And mini-me crossed over with me just a few moments ago. We got home from the barn and each had a bowl. But when we realized there were no clean spoons in the house as I forgot to turn on the dishwasher well I admit it, we both ate our Turtle ice cream with forks. Yup, we’re a classy bunch here. Welcome to the dark side young mini-me. You’ll like it here.
- In your stand mixer combine sugars, cocoa, salt and whole milk. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Now add your heavy cream and vanilla. Mix again.
- Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Transfer liquid to a frozen ice cream maker bowl.
- Turn on and mix for 15 minutes.
- Add turtles. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- You can either serve immediately or stick in the freezer until ready to eat. Just remember to take it out about 10 minutes before you wish to serve it.
- Serve with a smile.
See those forks marks. Those are marks of desperation and slamming good ice cream.
Toodles and smoochies. xx