What do you do with leftover kabobs?

That’s right baby, who rocked out lunch today? That would be me! Here’s how this came about.

I will start at the beginning. I make dinner, hubs does the packing away of leftovers. So last night he said,
“what do you want me to do with the leftovers?”  To which I replied, “um, save them and put them in containers.”  He asked “all together?” To which I replied, “um…yah.” So when I went into the fridge today I said “dude, what the heck did you do with the leftover kabobs?” He replies “I put them in a container.” So…yah…..okay…. he did, he took everything off the kabobs and put them in a container. I asked why and his reply was simple, “I didn’t feel like finding a big enough container.” So…yah…okay, the big containers are in the cupboard right next to the little containers. *sigh* Wouldn’t it be less trouble to find the big container than remove all the stuff off the kabobs? I cannot figure out what he was thinking, I laughed so hard today. So I had to figure out what to do with the mass of stuff in the container. Jealous? Make your own. Leftovers can seem so daunting but change it up, make it into something else. It’s super easy. This took 10  minutes if that. Healthy and yummy in 10 minutes flat. Gotta love it. Here’s how I did it.

Leftover “Hubs Removed the Skewers” Chicken Salad:

Ingredients:

One misguided hubs
Leftover chicken n fruit kabobs from yesterday (click here if you want the recipe)
1/2 cup italian dressing
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoon walnut oil (use olive if you don’t have walnut)
1 container of artisan lettuce
1/2 jar of mandarin oranges

Directions:

Shake head at hubs.

Take your leftover kabob stuff and toss in frying pan.

Add oil, italian dressing and water to same pan.

Cook over medium heat until moisture is absorbed. Should only take 5 to 10 minutes.

While it’s cooking clean and tear up you lettuce and lay in bowls or on plates.

Drain juice from oranges and lay them on salad.

Now add your cooked chicken and fruit on top.

Serve with a smile and a head shake at hubs.

So good. Hope you try it out. The meal not the shaking of head at your own hubs.

Toodles and smoochies. xx

Photos missing due to a G+ incident. Will be restored soon!

Comments

Mikaela Cowles says:

I don't know what I would do without leftovers. Love this idea of how to mix things up.

I always use leftovers.Think that was my grandmother influence who was terrified of spilling food.Great combination here;)

Ha, Ha, these sound like the conversations between my hubby and me at our house! I was laughing so much at your post! Your leftovers look great! What a great lunch!

Lisa@organizedchaos says:

Loving your "food" blog! :) Thanks for stopping by my little space in blogland today and leaving me a comment! :)
    ~Lisa @ Organized Chaos

Pachecopatty says:

You are too funny! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today;-) Your hubs is a lucky guy, I think he's eating very well at your place!

Dee at Deelicious Sweets says:

Lol! Your posts always make me laugh! Great job recovering the left-overs!

MommyDigger.com says:

How yummy! Great job with the leftovers!

I'm a new follower from the Monday Monkey Hop! I'm following you on GFC, I tried following on twitter as well but your sidebar button was taking me to the twitter homepage.

Torviewtoronto says:

lovely way to have leftovers and make it a new dish looks delicious

Blackswan says:

Nice one! Very good write-up, Kim Bee :)

Veronica Lee says:

Yummy! Great idea!

Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog.
    Happy Monday!

Kim Bee says:

Hi everyone. I have read these. Busy day so will respond personally tomorrow. Just wanted you to know I appreciate each and every comment. Just a hectic day trying to do some much needed stuff around here. Talk soon. xx

Kim Bee says:

Mikaela- Me too! We are on a tighter budget these days so leftovers rule here.

Dzoli- Thanks. I have to admit I am a spiller, and a splasher and a dropper.lol

Ryan- Ah, so you got the intended insert eye roll here then.So happy to make someone giggle. Thanks so much.

Lisa- You are very welcome and thanks to you as well.

Pacheopatty- You are so welcome. Thanks. My goal is to make him gain weight while I lose it. Evil plan I know but I can't help myself.lol

Dee- Thanks. I love to giggle so sharing the fun.

Mommy Digger- Thanks for coming. I am going to have to reinstall the twitter button I think. Thanks for letting me know.

Torviewtoronto- Thank you so much!

Blackswan- Thank you!

Veronica Lee- Thanks and nice to have you.