- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter or butterschmalz
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 oz rum
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup raspberry or strawberry preserve
- Soak raisins in rum for several hours. (This is important. Trust me. You want them well soaked!)
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. (Look at it. Mmmm.)
- Stir eggs with salt, then add flour, stir well, add milk, stir well. Add raisins, stir. (The mixture might appear a bit grainy, but trust me, it works.)
- Pour batter into melted butter and cook until browned.
- Flip, cook until other side is browned.
- At this point, all the butter should be well cooked into the caramelized pancake. Scramble with a spatula.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar and preserve. Feast like an emperor.
|This is a Haupia sponge cake.|
|I also did traditional Haupia in bite size squares.|
Toodles and smoochies. xx