Sorry but I had to do it. It precluded the usual “hi folks”. It had to be said. I don’t even feel bad.
Sort of the same way I don’t even feel bad I ate this whole freaking thing all by myself. What can I say, I was home alone and hungrier than a starving grizzly. Some girls eat more than salad. I ate beans too. I know right. I’m screaming “lady” right about now aren’t I?
Yah, I don’t even care. Look at this freaking thing. You would have eaten it all too. At least I’ve got the …hm…er…ya, let’s leave that one alone. Steak, look at the pretty steak.
Okay so we’ll start with this- I like mine well done, medium at minimum. Not one of those I like to see red kind of gals. I like a good char on mine. I love when the fatty ends get all dark. There’s flavour in that. It’s the part I eat first. Every…freaking…time! So don’t come on here telling me “omg it’s too dark”, cuz I’ll just tell you to “bite me” and that’ll be that. You grill your way, I’ll grill mine and we’ll co-exist nicely. Otherwise go pound dirt. Told ya, ladylike and all that.
- 1 monster size t-bone steak
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- BBQ sauce of choice to taste
- Fire up your grill! Let it get wicked hot! It's like preheating an oven folks. It needs time to warm up.
- While it's warming up let you t-bone set out on the counter. It cooks better when it's not freaking cold as ice.
- Once the grill is wicked hot you want to turn it down just a hair. Not much, to about a medium-high heat.
- Salt both sides of your steak.
- Slap the mother on the grill.
- Here's where I differ from others, slap your sauce on now. It'll cook into the meat a bit. Trust the lunatic.
- Cook for about 5-6ish minutes on that side, then turn the mother over. It's going to be messy so wear something you don't care about, like one of your husband's ugly shirts.
- Now slap some bbq sauce on the side that's facing you again. Trust me!
- Cook for about 5-6ish minutes then turn the mother over again.
- Cook for about a 1-2ish minutes to let the sauce char into the meat.
- Take the mother off the grill.
- Important step coming up people, snap outta it- let it rest for about 4 or 5 minutes before eating it. It's let's all that good stuff you did to it settle and get all yummy. Trust me.
- Serve with a big old hungrier than a grizzly smile!
Now that’s how you grill a T-Bone Steak people. That’s also how you eat like a lady. If you’re a lady grizzly bear. Just sayin’.
Toodles and smoochies! xx