I swear there are some recipes that are just so easy you just want to keep them to yourself…
but that would be wrong!
You might also want to hoard the fruits of your labour and not share your goodies with anyone else…
but that would be wrong!
You should share them with the world and your family…
but I totally didn’t share them with anyone…
well except you…
if that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right.
*wipes cream cheese off her face and smiles*
I’d love to regale you with lots of jokes and goofball antics today but after a long day hanging with the family and my website server crashing, I’m sort of exhausted. So I’ll be making this post snappy so I can scoot off to la-la land. I’ll pop up more photos once I find out why they won’t load. For now its limited viewing. Sorry, computer issues are not fun for us tech challenged, tired folk. The ones pictured are banana. There’s also cherry and lemon.
These candies are something I grew up eating. A friend’s mom used to make them for us in various flavours. You can change them up and make the into mints or fruity candies. The possibilities are endless. I did not have a recipe for them so I googled them, and then it reminded my lovely friend Tori from The Shiksa had made Cream Cheese Candies. Hers are wicked adorable and you have to see how cute they are. I also found some at a site called Barbara Bakes. She made the cutest Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Mints. I love Barbara’s site, she has such cool recipes. She named her source for the recipe as Erin’s Food Files, which was a new to me blog I thoroughly enjoyed perusing. Erin’s mom made her candies and the source was a magazine her mom could not remember the name of. This made me laugh hysterically, this is one of those recipes we all know, and love, yet where the heck did it originate from. If anyone knows I’d love to know. So I am giving full credit to all these lovely ladies, The Shiksa, Barbara Bakes, Erin’s Food Files, Erin’s mom, and an unknown magazine I’d love to track down. I took all their recipes and just tinkered till the consistency seemed right for mine. Thanks ladies, these candies are delish and I blame all of you for the ginormous tummy ache I have right now.
You need to make these immediately. Like right now. Hurry up. Get in the that kitchen right now.
Okay before you rush off make sure you visit all my lovely fellow Sunday Supper crew’s posts. They whipped up some lovely treats for you this week. Our host this week is the lovely Carla from Chocolate Moosey. Our fearless Sunday Supper leader is Isabel from Family Foodie. Thanks to both of these fabulous ladies for all their hard work.
Easter Sunday Supper Recipes:
- How To Color Easter Eggs Naturally from Shockingly Delicious
Breakfast, Breads, and Buns
- Alebele – Goan Coconut filled Pancake from Masala Herb
- Bunny Rabbit Bread from In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Easter Brunch Creme Brulee Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With KP
- Fresh Blueberries Hot Cross Buns from My Cute Bride
- Hot Cross Cinnamon Buns from girlichef
- Jamaican Easter Spice Bun from The Lovely Pantry
- Paska – Ukranian Easter Bread from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Portuguese Easter Bread | Folar de Pascoa from Family Foodie
Appetizers and Sides
- Asparagus, Brie & Ham Crostini from Daily Dish Recipes
- French Gratin Potatoes (Dauphinoise) from Simply Gourmet
- Lemon Glazed Carrots from Curious Cuisiniere
- Not So Deviled Eggs from Country Girl in the Village
- Orange Raisin Couscous from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Potato and Leek Gratin from Webicurean
- Spinach Spaetzle (Spinat Spaetzle) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Sicilian “Enchiladas” from The Cooking Actress
- Bunny-Approved Baked Easter Doughnuts from The Weekend Gourmet
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Chocolate Moosey
- Coconut and M&M’s Cookie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Coconut Cake with Coconut Buttercream from Juanita’s Cocina
- Coconut Cupcakes from Magnolia Days
- Cream Cheese Candies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easter Cookies: Carrots in Dirt from The Urban Mrs
- Easter Egg Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easter Simnel Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Exotic Walnut Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Honey Panna Cotta with Grand Marnier Roasted Figs from Gourmet Drizzles
- Japanese Easter, Petit Fours and Flowers from Ninja Baking
- Nutella Easter Egg Candy from The Messy Baker
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Rolled Eggs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Painted Sugar Cookies from Ruffles and Truffles
- Resurrection Rolls (Cinnamon Marshmallow Dessert Rolls) from Neighbor Food
- Strawberry Bundt Cake from Basic N Delicious
Passover Sunday Supper Recipes:
- Charoset from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Flourless Chocolate Torte from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Haroset from MarocMama
- Pavlova with Red Berries, Lime and Hibiscus from YinMom YangMom
Wine Pairing Recommendations for #SundaySupper Religious Feasts from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Toodles and smoochies! xx