Meyer Lemon Parfaits

Meyer Lemon Parfaits by Cravings of a Lunatic

Well just look at these cute little parfaits. Can I just say I think tiny food is adorable. There’s just something about desserts done in little cups that makes my heart melt.

Don’t even get me started on the fact that it’s lemon curd in these cute little parfaits. And not just lemon curd, but meyer lemon curd. Be still my heart.

I swear there is just something about seeing meyer lemons that makes me think it’s spring. I woke up this morning and the sun is shining bright, I’m eating a cute little Meyer Lemon Parfait, all is right with the world today. Sunshine on my face while I eat a little cup of sunshine…yup, it’s heaven right now.

Meyer Lemon Parfaits by Cravings of a Lunatic

That will last about 3.67 minutes. Peace is short-lived in the B household. Pretty soon the puppy will see a dog walk by on the street which will result in this low barking growl thing she does. Then I’ll put my cute little cup in the sink only to realize yesterday’s dishes are still there because my sink is broken. Of course hubs is away while the sink is broken, that’s called Murphy’s Law. Then mini-me will call for me to pick her up from work, even though I haven’t had time to shower or, you know, comb my hair today. And I’m sure one of the cats will trip me on my way to the door while begging for fresh, cold water, even though there’s 4 bowls of it on the floor right now. Our oldest cat Spike refuses to drink water from any bowl that our puppy, Malia, has taken a swig out of. So for the 3.67 minutes I have peace today I am going to soak it all in. Before it comes to the screeching halt of a life filled with kids and pets.

One thing I’ve learned over my 24 years of raising young hooligans is that us moms need to stick together. No one gets a mom like another mom if you ask me. So when the lovely Rachel of Rachel Cooks put out word she was looking for guests posts I was pleased as punch to offer up my services. Rachel had her second child and has another wee one in the house as well. Two cutie patooties who need her time. I remember all too well what it’s like having young ones in the house. Time is limited and life gets complex. I’m thrilled to help out a friend, especially someone like Rachel who is such a giving, supportive blogger. She always makes time to help other bloggers out, and is known for being incredibly helpful in the blogging community. So it’s both an honour and privilege to help her out right now.

So I invite you all to head over to Rachel’s site to check out the recipe for these cute little Meyer Lemon Parfaits. They are super easy to make for busy moms. Plus they just taste like sunshine in a cup. No lie. Try them and out and I swear it will be the first thing you think of.

Meyer Lemon Parfaits by Cravings of a Lunatic

While you’re there make sure you follow her blog, she always has amazing recipes and photos on her site. I encourage you all to follow her Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest as well. You will love her.

Thanks to Rachel for having me today. It was a total pleasure.

Comments

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much Rachel. I love mini desserts. Something so adorable about them.

You are so sweet. Hope you have an amazing weekend. xx

Squeeee! These are the cutest things ever! Great photos too! You know I love me some lemon desserts so I’ll be trying a version of these sweet thangs very very soon! Also, I’m jealous of your whole 3+ seconds of peace each day. No need to brag! I mean really, some of us only get about .000000000456 seconds… Sheesh.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks Mellissa, that means a lot coming from you. I can’t wait to see what you do with these.

I know right. I should relish my oodles of free time and not rub it in people’s faces so much.

xx

I love lemon desserts and just bought another bag of lemons. I see this fitting in perfectly for my girls’ night in a few weeks!

• Kim Bee says

I hope you enjoy them. Honestly they are just cute as a button and taste fabulous. I was really pleased with these. Thanks for visiting.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much Maureen. I just really loved these little desserts. Super yummy. Plus they’re just cute.

I agree! Nothing says Spring like Meyer lemons in the grocery store. And my House of Crazy may be kid free, but it’s still a little insane around here, and I’m sure these little babies would be a welcome moment of peace. thanks for the recipe. x

• Kim Bee says

I just love meyer lemons, they can be hard to find but man they sure are worth the hunt. Hope you had a peaceful weekend.

You are absolutely right, these are adorable. I must find little glasses like this to do desserts…. too cute and what a perfect little lemon pucker for dessert. :)

• Kim Bee says

Thanks Ramona. I love tiny glasses. It just makes desserts so much fun to eat. Plus you can eat more cuz they are tiny.

These remind me of those uber cute and potentially expensive little “taster” desserts that are in vogue now. These look delicious and I love a lemon dessert!

It looks SO pretty, sounds absolutely delicious – it’s got to just melt in your melt. I love it so much that I’ve listed in my list of Meyer Lemon recipes that caught my eye in my most recent post. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

I saw this earlier on Pinterest but couldn’t come here to read about it till now. WOW! The first picture is the winner of all Meyer lemon recipes I’ve seen! I’m salivating by just looking at it, Kim. This is way WAY cute!!!!

I saw these sometime back but didn’t get a chance to leave a comment. They are absolutely gorgeous and inviting! Gives me hope that this dreadful cold weather will pass and summer will be at our doors soon xx