I’m so happy to be back with my Sunday Supper crew this week. I’ve been absent for about 3 or 4 weeks now. So I was thrilled to be able to participate and join my peeps this week.
Our theme this week is “free for all” which had us pick dishes that were free from something specific to our diets. I thought this was a cool idea. While I’m not eating completely gluten-free, I do dabble with recipes. I’m gluten sensitive but don’t have celiac. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome which flares up on occasion, usually when I’m trying to do some travelling or get to see a flick. Never fails I swear.
When I think of going gluten-free completely I get wickedly bummed thinking I’d have to give up pizza. It’s so cool to know that’s not necessary. You can still eat pizza when you follow a GF diet. There’s GF flours on the market now. I’m hoping to pick up some flour next time I shop state-side. In the meantime I thought I’d whip up a rice crust pizza. I always have leftover rice in the house. I make stir fry quite often so when I do I always make extra rice. That way I have leftover rice for dishes like this. You can use any GF rice you have in the house. Most are, but make sure yours doesn’t contain anything that breaks the rules before you make this.
It’s simple to make and tastes great. A nice, healthy GF option for people. I hope you enjoy it.
- 3 cups cooked rice (make sure it's gluten free)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup shredded cheese, like mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Pizza Sauce (ensure it's gluten free)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green peppers
- ¼ red onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup white onions, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- Parsley to taste
- Heat up your leftover rice, you need 3 cups.
- In a large bowl mix your rice, eggs, butter, shredded cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well until it comes together into a smooth mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture into 4 piles on the cookie sheet. Use a spoon (or your hands) to shape the piles into circles of equal size, and width. Make sure you press it together tightly. Smooth the edges.
- Place in a preheated 450 degree oven and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the crusts from the oven.
- Top them with the sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Top with whatever optional toppings you desire. I did one with plain cheese. One with only green peppers. One with red and white onions and garlic. And one with everything.
- Place back in the oven for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on plates.
- Serve with a big old GF smile!
You can sub in goat cheese.
Mix it up and play!
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles bySmall Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream byCookistry
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing “Free For All” recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to see you 🙂 to join all you need to do is follow[ the #SundaySupper hashtag and please do not forget to include the hashtag in your tweets as well. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.
Hope you enjoyed our Free For All Sunday Supper. I had a blast jumping back in with my Sunday Supper crew. Such a great group of people.
Have a great Sunday and see you soon!
Toodles and smoochies! xx