Snacking should be fun and easy. These yogurt parfaits are so simple to personalize to your own taste. You can make Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits layered with fresh strawberries. Or make Peanut Butter Parfaits layered with bananas.
This is a sponsored post for The J.M. Smucker Company. Recipe development is a huge part of my job, and how I support my family. It’s also my passion, pure and simple. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
With March Break upon us a lot of families are looking for snacks and activities to keep the young hooligans busy and happy. I partnered with The J.M. Smucker Company and Walmart to bring you fun ideas for March Break. Otherwise known as Snackation. I know right, isn’t that adorable. You should hashtag that one all over social media.
I’ve been a mom to 2 hooligans for quite some time now. Longer than I care to admit, quite frankly. I’m getting old. That has nothing to do with this post though, so forget I said anything. Let’s move past that part of the conversation. Okay, we’re moving on. Let’s talk about how to keep your kiddos happy while they’re off school.
First of all I highly recommend a family field trip to Walmart to stock up on supplies. You’re going to need snacks for snackation. So pile in your car, head off to your local Walmart and grab a cart. Two if you’re feeling ambitious. Not only can you stock up on snacks, but you can pick up movies for family movie night, or board games for family game night.
Grab some family friendly movies while you’re there. We’re partial to The Fox and the Hound, The Aristocats, and Star Wars. You could also pick up some TV Shows on DVD. Some of our favourites are Gilmore Girls, Switched at Birth, and The Fosters. My kids are older so those TV shows wouldn’t be for wee ones. Pick age appropriate DVD’s for your munchkins.
Family Game Day is always a riot in our house. We enjoy playing a simple game of cards. Or Monopoly, Rummoli, or Uno. We’ve also played everything from Hungry Hungry Hippos, Scrabble, Boggle, Operation, Clue, Battleship, Sorry, Trouble and Sequence. No game is off limits here. We love playing board games when we all get together.
Any time we have Family Movie Night, or Family Game Night, the snacks play the most important role in the evening. Planning out your snacks ahead of time is crucial. You want to make sure your pantry is well stocked for March Break. Stock up on things like Jif to Go® Peanut Butter, Jif® Peanut Butter, Smucker’s® Squeeze™, Smucker’s® Uncrustables®, as well as popcorn, cheese, crackers, vegetables, dip, and any other munchies that your family loves.
Be sure to stock up on everything you need for Snackation at Walmart before March Break begins!
I love parfaits. Anyone who reads my blog regularly knows I enjoy making parfaits as much as possible. There’s something about whipping up layered recipes that makes me extremely happy. This one is made in miniature form, I use tiny little glass serving dishes for these parfaits.
I made two varieties of this healthy snack parfait. The first variety is Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits using Smucker’s® Squeeze™, vanilla yogurt, fresh strawberries, and granola. All available at Walmart for Snackation!
The second variety is Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Parfaits. For that variety you can use Jif to Go® Peanut Butter (or Jif® Peanut Butter), yogurt, bananas, and granola. You can get everything you need to make them at Walmart.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Smucker’s® Squeeze™ Fruit Spread
- ½ cup strawberries, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup granola
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Jif to Go® Peanut Butter or Jif® Peanut Butter
- ½ cup banana, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup granola
- Pour the vanilla yogurt in a small bowl, squeeze in Smucker’s® Squeeze™ Fruit Spread, then mix until combined.
- In another small bowl mix the strawberries and sugar.
- In your serving dishes scoop the strawberry yogurt mixture into the bottom, then add a layer of strawberries, then a layer of granola. Repeat all steps. Garnish with more strawberries.
- Serve with a big old strawberry yogurt parfait loving smile!
- Pour the vanilla yogurt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another small bowl scoop the peanut butter in and pop in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Just enough to soften slightly, but don't let it get hot. Add the peanut butter to the yogurt, then mix until combined. Make sure the peanut butter isn't hot or you will get clumps from hot peanut butter meeting cold yogurt. You want the peanut butter softened, but not hot. It's the key to a smooth mixture.
- In another small bowl mix the bananas and sugar.
- In your serving dishes scoop the peanut butter yogurt mixture into the bottom, then add a layer of bananas, then a layer of granola. Repeat all steps. Garnish with more bananas.
- Serve with a big old peanut butter and banana yogurt parfait loving smile!
These are perfect for snacking, and they’re also great for breakfast, or dessert. Your choice!
Pick up some Smucker’s® Squeeze™ at Walmart!
Make sure you grab some Jif Peanut Butter too!
We always buy in bulk, especially before March Break!
The price point is great so you can afford to stock up for Snackation.
Use them to whip up snacks for all your outings, and your relaxation days too!
Craving more recipes for March Break? Check these out:
Be sure to check out my recipe index for more snack recipes. You can also peek at the healthy recipes index which has tons of great recipes to keep everyone happy during the break. There’s also lots of fruit recipes, some kid-friendly, as well as some for the ‘rents. Wink wink.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest to keep up with all my latest recipes. You can also follow me on Instagram. I share lots of recipes there, as well as slice of life photos. I promise there will be kitten photos. Dixon loves posing for photos.
Keep stopping by. I have a 12 Days of Giveaways event kicking off any day now. You’re going to love it.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M Smucker Company . The opinions and text are all mine.