This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Classico Riserva. All opinions are 100% mine.
Mini pizzas are always a huge hit with family and friends. This recipe is packed full of meatballs and cheese. Big flavour served in mini cast iron pans.
We are serious pizza fanatics in our household. Honestly, we must eat pizza about 3 times a week. We can’t get enough of it. Pizza for breakfast, pizza for lunch, pizza for dinner, and even dessert pizza when the mood strikes.
They say “variety really is the spice of life”. That’s certainly true of pizza. The possibilities are endless for recipes. People always ask if we get bored eating it all the time. I reply… “hell no”. We never get tired of it.
If you love a certain food you learn to find ways to make it more and more often. We mix it up like crazy. We make tortilla pizza, pita pizza, english muffin pizza, grilled pizza, calzones, panzerotti, and so many more.
My motto in life tends to be “more is better”. This mottos applies to pizza in a big way. The more cheese the better, the more toppings the better, and the more sauce the better!
They have five varieties including: Marinara, Eggplant & Artichoke, Roasted Garlic, Arrabbiata and Puttanesca. I can attest that they all taste amazing. In pizza, and SO many other recipes too. Or right out of the jar. What? Don’t judge.
Premium pasta sauces are the key to a great meal. Classico Riserva has no artificial ingredients or added sugar, which is very cool. That way you know what you’re getting and can control what’s in your food.
You can learn more about their tasty sauces by visiting www.classico.com! You’ll dig their products.
Classico Riserva would like to give one lucky reader 3 bottles of this amazing sauce. Just shout out your favourite way to use premium pasta sauce in the comments section. Easy peasy, no jumping through hoops. Just a comment.
I’ll pick one person and Classico Riserva will send you VIP coupons to pick up 3 bottles of sauce at your local store. It’s as easy as pizza pie! You’ll love their sauces. I’ve been using them in everything.
Be sure to whip up this recipe as soon as possible. It’s absolute indulgence with layers of sauce, meatballs and cheese, all packed into mini cast iron pans. It’s comfort food at its finest!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 packages of ready made pizza dough, or 2 portions of homemade pizza dough
- 1 jar Classico Riserva pasta sauce
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package of ready made meatballs, or homemade meatballs
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed (you can substitute minced)
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese, cut into squares or chunks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray 8 mini cast iron pans with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll out big enough that the dough fits into the bottom of cast iron pans, plus an extra inch in diameter. Lay each dough in each pan and press so it comes up the side of the inside of the pan.
- Spoon the sauce into the pans, evenly.
- Sprinkle in about half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the meatballs, I used 6 to 7 in each pan.
- Toss diced roasted red peppers in each pan, spreading evenly amongst all the pans.
- Sprinkle the pressed (or minced) garlic evenly over each pan.
- Top with other half of the mozzarella cheese. The more the better.
- Save the parmesan cheese, you'll add it towards the end of the cooking process.
- Place the cast iron pans in the oven carefully. Place a foil-lined cookie sheet on the rack below to catch anything that may drip over. Cook for about 8 to 11 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and add a square of parmesan over each meatball, place them back in the oven and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes more, just enough for the parmesan to melt.
- Remove carefully from oven. Place a handle cover over each handle, or use a cloth napkin, or small towel. That way no one hurts themselves on the pans. You can serve one to each person, or slice them into pieces. Just warn people the pan is hot. For real!
- Serve with a big old pizza loving smile!
All that sauce, and that cheese, every bite is pure happiness!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVOURITE PIZZA OR DINNER BOARD!
Be sure to leave a comment with your favourite recipe for premium pasta sauce for your chance to win 3 bottles of this amazing sauce!