This sweet treat is incredibly easy to make and utterly refreshing on a hot day. Only 4 ingredients and no machines needed for this recipe.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sparkling Ice. All opinions are 100% mine.
Are your ready to Flavor Up your summer with Sparkling Ice this summer? I’ve been mixing up fun concoctions with a variety of their tasty and bold water this summer.
For this post I went out on a limb, almost literally. We packed up some Sparkling Ice and headed to Point Pelee for a fun adventure. Nothing beats a day wandering around the wilderness.
I knew we were going to be hot and worn out when the day was done. So before we left I whipped up an easy granita recipe. That way when we got home we would have a refreshing treat.
This Black Cherry Granita is perfect after a day of “fun in the sun”. We hiked, biked, and had a picnic at the park. I always pack up some sandwiches or taco salads for days at the park.
Needless to say this went over well with everyone after our day trip. Nothing quenches your thirst quite like a cool treat. I love this one because it’s so easy to make.
I’m so happy to have partnered with Sparkling Ice for this summer campaign. It’s been an absolute riot to be part of. I’ve had so much fun developing recipes for them. Sipping those recipes has been a huge perk of the job.
Make sure you check out Sparkling Ice on social media. They have a reward program happening until July 31, 2016. You can save points to earn fun swag. Learn more HERE!
Share how you make your summer better with Sparkling Ice®. You can share your #FlavorUp moments on Twitter and Instagram for an opportunity to be featured in their gallery! Be sure to tag @sparklingice and use the proper hashtag, which is #FlavorUp.
Now let’s make this Black Cherry Granita right this very minute! You’re going to flip your lid over this one! Flavor Up your summer with Sparkling Ice, just like I did!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 pound (2 cups) of fresh cherries, pitted and stems removed
- ¼ cup sugar, optional
- 1 cup Black Cherry Sparkling Ice Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Place the cherries in a food processor, or blender. Pulse until the cherries become smooth liquid. Pour in sugar, Black Cherry Sparkling Ice, and almond extract. Pulse until smooth. Pour into a metal loaf pan, or any bowl of equal size. Place in the freezer. After about 4 hours give the granita a scrape with a fork. Repeat as desired. Freeze overnight. Remove and scrape the mixture with a spoon. Transfer scraped parts to serving dishes.
- Serve with a big old Black Cherry loving smile!
Want a bite?
Maybe one more??
Pin this to your favourite summer board!
Be sure to check out my other Sparkling Ice Recipes:
Crack open a bottle and whip up something refreshing this summer!
Remember to bring lots of Sparkling Ice for the humans at your next picnic, and lots of regular water for the pups!
Sparkling Ice is not dog friendly, but the ice bucket was calling Malia’s name! Slurp!