These mini coconut milkshakes use almond milk combined with coconut sorbet to make the perfect treat to beat the heat. Add a little garnish to the top the glass for some added fun.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love coconut. It is something I can't get enough of. Whether its fresh coconut, flaked coconut, or coconut milk, I'm in my happy place if coconut is involved.
If I can find a way to sip on a coconut drink all the better. If that coconut drink is a bit healthy then that's a huge bonus. This is perfect for an after dinner treat.
Silk Almondmilk has new flavours, Silk Almond Coconut Blend in Unsweetened and Original and Silk Protein + Fiber Almondmilk in Vanilla and Original. Being a coconut fanatic I decided to try out their Coconut Blend.
The flavour is out of this world. After dinner I decided I wanted to make a milkshake but with a bit of a healthier spin on it. SAs my regular readers know I am wildly addicted to mason jars and shot glasses. I found some mini mason jar shot glasses while out shopping one day, and I knew they had to be mine. So I've been having a blast using them for food photos.
To amp up the cute factor I lined the edges of the glasses with coconut and sprinkles. It's really easy to do. Just use a little corn syrup and you're good to go. You can jazz up the rim with whatever floats your boat!
I hope you enjoy this one. They taste amazing and are cute as a button.
I just love the taste and the cute factor of these milkshakes. I blended mine pretty smooth but you can leave the sorbet chunkier if you like them that way. Whatever works for you.
You could also use these for a weekend treat by adding a little alcohol to them. That zips them up if you have company visiting.
I hope you get a chance to try these. It's a great way to beat the heat. Summer is all about keeping cool. I figure a nice healthy treat during the week never hurt anyone. And when they're in cute little jars who can resist right.
Mini Coconut Milkshakes
- 2 cups Silk Almondmilk Coconut Blend
- 2 heaping scoops of coconut sorbet
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Flaked coconut
For the milkshakes:
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients and pulse until the sorbet starts to break up a bit. Then turn it on high and blend until smooth.
To line the rims:
- In a small ramekin pour some corn syrup, honey or coconut milk. About 1 to 2 tablespoons is plenty.
- In another ramekin pour some coconut, or sprinkles to top your rims with.
- Now take the empty glass, invert it and dunk the rim into the corn syrup.
- Remove and dunk immediately in the coconut or sprinkles.
- Turn back over and allow to dry a bit.
Putting it together:
- Pour the milkshakes into the glasses.
- Serve with a big old healthy smile!
Thanks for visiting today!