Raspberry Ice Cream #icecreamsundays

Raspberry Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

Hi folks. I hope you didn’t think I forgot about Ice Cream Sundays. I did not. You know I love my Ice Cream Sundays. It’s my favourite day of the week!

Raspberry Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

I wanted to make a mini-me approved ice cream this week. She loves raspberries so I thought to myself, “hey self, make raspberry ice cream”. So I listened to my self and this is the result. Darn tasty stuff. Pretty too. My self approves. Mini-me approves. Life is good. And pretty.

Raspberry Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

Mini-me’s Raspberry Ice Cream:

Ingredients:

1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
Pinch vanilla salt
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1+1/2 cups raspberries

Directions:

In a mixer combine your whole milk, sugar and vanilla salt. Use the whisk attachment and mix until the sugar dissolves.

Now add the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix for a few minutes.

Add your raspberries and mix for a couple more minutes.

Cover the bowl and set it in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.

Remove and transfer the liquid to the freezer bowl (make sure it’s frozen!) and attach it to your machine.

Turn on and mix for 15 to 20 minutes.

Remove and serve immediately, or stick it in the freezer until you want to use it. Just remember to take it out at least 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

Source: adapted from the vanilla ice cream from Cuisinart

Raspberry Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

Toodles and smoochies.xx

Comments

1. Ann says

Delicious! Honey Bunny adores raspberries, so this would be his choice! It's nice to take a day off from blogging and usually Sunday is my day. I do a little bit of reading on Saturday, but I post 5 days a week and save the weekends for hubby!

2. Kim Bee says

@Anna- Thanks so much. This was a great ice cream to make.

@Ann- Mini-me too. She eats them constantly. I am taking Sundays off too but will still post. Just going to be more organized and schedule them. I am learning. Slowly but….slowly. Lol!

3. Tina (PinayInTexas) says

Another worth-trying ice cream recipe! I guess this will be my second favorite next to your banana ice cream! YUM!!!

4. Lizzy says

Gosh, do you ever make a bad ice cream??? Wow, another incredible flavor…yum! I don't blog on the weekends…it's my catch up time. Blogging is definitely taking a toll on my housekeeping :/

Hope you're having a good start to the week! xo

5. Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family says

I love raspberries, and they look just scrumptious here.
    I love how we have ice cream here and healthy smoothies on "Losing It."
    You are so very creative and I just don't know where you find the time and energy to put so much into both blogs, but my hats off to you :)

6. The Mom Chef says

Anything with raspberries wins for me. I'd probably even eat chocolate ice cream if it had raspberries in it or raspberry sauce on it. This looks delicious. I'll take a double scoop please!

7. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme says

My biggest weakness is ice cream. When I was pregnant I had to have it everyday. Now I have no excuse, I just like to have it everyday! :) Delicious recipe!

8. Kim Bee says

@Tina- Thanks. I am glad you like them.

@Nami- Thanks. I had fun with the pics.

@the food dude- Thank you so much.

@Dzoli- I'm with ya, love all things pink.

@Lizzy- Lol, now what would be the point of that? I have such fun with the ice cream. And it's good cuz it's something I am content to have one bowl of and then leave alone. I am going to be doing the weekends off myself. But I have ongoing weekend themes so will now schedule them ahead to free up my weekends. And I hear ya, my laundry pile is to the ceiling most days.

@Rachel- Well thanks, we'll see if I can keep up with myself or crash and burn. I thought the smoothies the same day as ice cream gives healthy folks options.

@The Mom Chef- Lol, I almost dumped chocolate all over this but I held back.

@Jennifer- Lol, I hear ya. My all time fave was my chocolate fudge brownie pistachio. That I would have a hard time not diving in every day.

9. Curry and Comfort says

You are so clever!! I love that picture with the raspberry heart. I HEART ICE CREAM too!! Too cute and lovely ice cream.

10. Kimberly (Badger Girl) says

Wow! Ice Cream Sundays, what a great idea! We just got some fresh raspberries, well fresh frozen raspberries, so I think we just found a way to use them. Thanks for sharing!

11. janet@cupcakestocaviar says

Oooo, Raspberries are my second favorite berry and I keep meaning to pull out the ice cream maker.

The problem though is that now I'm torn between this recipe and your mint chocolate chip one. You evil woman… making me indecisive.

12. savoryandsavage says

Loved the photo with the berries arranged in a heart – too cute!

All of your ice cream recipes look incredible.

13. Kim Bee says

@Curry and Comfort- Aw, thanks. I am having fun these days playing with my food. Makes for great pics. This was no exception.

@Kiri- Thanks. I love home made ice cream so you forgo all the chemicals. Just all natural ingredients. Gotta love it.

@Kelly- Thanks my dear. Ice cream is such a girlie food. Love it to bits.

@Dara- Thanks. Mini-me's fave too. She is a raspberry fiend.

@Kimberly- Thanks. I have been at these for months and months. Hence why I need to hop on a treadmill. But this series is my fave so I continue on. Lol.

@Janet- Mint chocolate chip raspberry? Mint chocolate chip with raspberry sauce?

@savoryandsavage- Thanks. And thanks. I love this series so much. It just makes me smile. Like a little kid every week making this stuff.

14. Vindya Narsian says

Raspberry icecream is my mommy's fav ice-cream. I have bookmarked the recipe that someday I will make it for her :)
    All your ice-creams look delish

15. Sandra says

Ok woman..you are on roll with those ice-cream Sundays..Loveeeee all of them very much, but raspberry ice-cream that is something else:)) I can imagine not only the flavor but the smell of fresh raspberries…yum!!! I just liked it on stumble!!! You are my little ice-cream genius!:)
    By the way..before I leave, you photos are awesome! xoxo

16. carolinaheartstrings says

Wonderful ice cream recipes. I don't know which one I would eat first. Come over and visit. We have a terrific mulled recipe and a legacy cookbook.

17. Kim Bee says

@Cassie- Me too. I just can't help myself. Although I do make it a little less than the summer. I'm down to about one batch a week from 3 or 4. Lol!

@Vindya- I hope she likes it.

@Sandra- Thanks so much. I am so glad you are liking them, and that you liked it on stumble. And thanks on the pics, I am trying so hard to improve my photos. It's hard work.

@Jeannie- Thanks, I appreciate it.

@carolinaheartstrings- Thanks so much. Shall run by and check it out.

@Grubarazzi- Thanks. Yum, that sounds so good.

@Lindslicious- Thanks. I think ice cream in all season treat. Lol!

@Stephanie- Thanks so much!

@anne- Thank you. I love that vanilla salt. Use it in all my baking.

18. Anne@frommysweetheart says

Kim…it doesn't matter when you get the ice cream to us. AS LONG AS YOU GET THE ICE CREAM TO US!!!! -grin- This looks scrumptious! Really pretty and rich and creamy! And I LOVE your photos! : )

19. Tina says

Ice cream-a-palooza! If they were all actually sitting in front of me and I was only allowed one it would not work out. I would have to go down the row and lick them all so no one else would want them! Awesome pics as usual.

20. Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} says

I think I just landed in Ice-cream heaven! I'll take a scoop of each, please!! They all look fantastic!!!

21. Kim Bee says

@Roxana- I have a serious ice cream problem. I need ice cream addicts anonymous or something. Thanks so much. I love doing the Sunday post every week. Although I did miss yesterdays.