Last Minute OMG We Have Visitors Banana Cream Pie- Fun with Jars Friday

Hi folks. Have you ever had one of those days where you are super de duper busy and being pulled in every direction. You finally get home after a busy day and just as you go to slip on your p.j.’s in time for your fave TV show (Supernatural- can you say Winchester boys rock my world) the doorbell rings. You are now doing a check in your head- did I clean today, did I do laundry today or is it piled up by the front door for some unknown reason, then the omg do I have anything to feed people moment hits. Well folks this is a surefire way to please those unannounced naughty guests who should have called but did not. Have a code word set with hubby for moments like this. Try *winchester sandwich* as he’ll never know what you mean anyway, then that will be his cue to take the rude unannouncers on a tour of some project you did 3 years ago and never finished. You now have 5 minutes. This is what you make. And honestly, it seriously takes 5 minutes.

5.0 from 1 reviews

Last Minute OMG We Have Visitors Banana Cream Pie- Fun with Jars Friday
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert, No Bake

• 1 cup graham crumbs
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
  • 1 package of vanilla or banana pudding
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 bananas
  • 1 container cool whip
  1. Quickly take your pudding mix and milk and pop it in a mixer, turn on high and let it go for a few minutes to thicken.
  2. Quickly melt your butter in the microwave in a dish.
  3. Pour your graham crumbs in a bowl.
  4. Pour the butter in the same bowl as graham crumbs.
  5. Mix quickly with a fork.
  6. Pour into mason jars.
  7. Cut up 2 and a half bananas into slices and pop them on top of graham layer.
  8. Now pour your pudding over top.
  9. Now pop your cool whip on that.
  10. Now set them in the fridge and clean up quick. *this is code for shove everything in the oven till later*
  11. Brush your hair. *has nothing to do with the recipe but by now your frazzled and could use it*

Now drop lots of hints about how tired you are before Supernatural starts. Or tell them you are coming down with the flu, that always works.
Toodles and smoochies.xx

Comments

Great save there Kim Bee! Talk about throwing something together fast! It looks delicious!

Lol, pure fiction. No really, total fiction. Thanks! xx

Ha-the secret is out now, anyone can drop by unannounced and get a delicious dessert at Kim's place. In addition, she has an important TV schedule and has no issues with you dining and dashing!
    This looks delicious, but I will need a bigger spoon to insure I can get all the components together in one bite-yum! Enjoy the weekend!

Curry and Comfort says:

My family would love these. I made something similar in a no bake pie.. but I like the look of these better. Very fun. Hope you got to watch Supernatural!! Have a great weekend! ~ Ramona

Anita at Hungry Couple says:

Yum! We love banana cream pie and it hadn't occurred to me to do it this way. I love using jars because it's easy to create individual portions…otherwise we have a tendency to eat pie right out of the baking dish until half of it's gone :) Easy to make this recipe low fat, too. Def stealing this one!

Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño says:

Kim these look adorable, I love it. and perfect when you need a last minute recipe for guests. Nicely done!!!

The Mom Chef says:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had to shove things in the oven! This is definitely a fantastic, quick dessert. Well done!

momdecuisine.net says:

Very cute pie! How luck your unannouced guests were to be served this!

You go, girl!!! No way could I have pulled this off!!! I'd be pulling my hair out, not brushing it! Hubby would love this pie in a jar…and it looks like you worked all day. Have a great weekend, Kim B!!!!

celiacasaurus.com says:

Kim, you always crack me up, "winchester sandwich" bah ha ha ha! Love it!
    Your pictures are absolutey perfect, seriously they are really good photos.
    I love to have some standby recipes like this, where you can make something delicious out of everyday ingredients, thanks for sharing. Must get me some mason jars.
    xo Christie

Ingenious!! Love this, and your post made me giggle!! :) My hubby LOVES banana cream pie. Can't wait to try this!!

Michaela an affair from the heart

You are so much more on the ball than you give yourself credit. In the same situation, I'd be like deer in the headlights without a clue. These are SO cute. I am thinking that you could use strawberries or peaches depending on the season and what's on hand (As a banana hater, my mind always tries to come up with alternatives, don't mind me.)

Crunchy Creamy Sweet says:

This is one of those recipes that every cook should have on hand. Brilliant, Kim!

Magic of Spice says:

I would be willing to become a rude person and drop buy unannounced if this treat was waiting for me ;) Absolutely delicious and love the jar serving :)

I love the dine and dash. Especially on tv night. Lol! Bigger spoon all ready for ya!

Thanks Ramona. I love no bake stuff. Sometimes it's nice to just do something fast and delicious.

Hi Anita. These types of desserts are so great. Everyone gets their own, it's totally portion controlled and they just look cute.

Thanks Laura. I have a gazillion of these kind of recipes. I think from spending so much time at the barn I had to learn to do easy and fast or we never ate. Lol!

Oven, dishwasher, under beds, washing machine, whatever works. I love quick recipes. So great for busy moms.

Thanks and Lol!

Great under pressure but give me time to prepare and I procrastinate. I love the ones that look hard but are not. They make you feel just a bit bad a**! lol

Hey Christie,thanks. I had fun with this one. I need more jars, for some reason they keep disappearing. I think my old bowls are jealous and offing the poor things.

Hi Michaela. Glad I made you giggle. This is a surefire way to make hubby happy. Happy hubbies way more productive. Mine is putting away Xmas decorations as I write this. See this is miracle banana cream pie.

I have one I do in 5 minutes with cherry pie filling. You could use anything. They are fun and easy and look adorable. The possibilities are endless. Bummer you hate naners. They are so good for you. But I feel the same way about sweet potatoes so there ya go.

Thank you. I like having some quick stuff on hand for things like this. Honestly you can whip up a quick dessert in minutes with just about anything.

Lol I would welcome you with open arms and fun filled jars. Glad you like them.

I have a few drop by guests that the Flu makes them ask you questions. These look great, my kids would love them.

Haha, yes, that's definitely happened to me. Not that I constantly have pudding on hand, but these look both tasty and so pretty! Great idea :)
    P.S.: How's the Hawaiian coming? ;)

Lol Sherry. Good thing I can spin a good yarn. Hope you try this out.

I try to keep 2 on hand just in case as you just never know. I prefer whipping up no bake cheesecake but I didn't have cream cheese on hand. I think I finally figured out what I'm making. Now I just need to make it. Lol!

I think I have cook ones in the pantry, but no ready made cups…
    Oooh, intriguing? What is it going to be? ;)

thesmartcookiecook.com says:

Such a simple, easy dessert, but so delicious! Who doesn't love dessert in a jar (or banana cream pie)?

Pegasuslegend says:

wow my husband will got nuts if he sees these! brillant!

Torviewtoronto says:

what a delicious looking dessert
    Following your tweets :) didn't realize you were in Canada :)

These look delicious and it was a terrific last-minute save! BRAVO! I would love to have these even when I plan to visit!

I shall make them when you come visit. We are going to have to rent a hall for all the food. Lol!

Thanks. Yeppers, I am near Windsor. We might be coming up to Toronto in the spring to see the War Horse play, we should meet up for lunch when I come. xx

Thanks. They are definitely hubby approved.

I know right. They are just so cute.

Lol, I have two main course dishes I am testing out. And a dessert. Will let you know how they turn out. I am going to dig up some pics of our visit too. So exciting.

Wow, that looks yummy and a great presentation! Luv it.

Reem | Simply Reem says:

This recipe is a life saver for everyone….
    Trust me my friend I will be using this recipe alot from now…
    Yumm…

Jen at The Three Little Piglets says:

My first though in such a situation is I hope my 7 year old didn't leave her dirty underwear on the bathroom floor again, and please God let her have flushed the toilet!

Michael Ann says:

Oh man, my mouth is watering. That just sounds so good right now! But it's bedtime. Will make this soon!

Thank you so much!

I am so happy you like it Reem. I have so many of these super quick ones. My kids used to play every sport known to man and be involved in every school function so I had to learn how to do quick stuff. My arsenal is filled with stuff like this one. Busy moms need fast. Lol. Thanks so much for coming by my friend.

Roflmao, I honestly cannot stop laughing. One of our first thoughts is where are the cats laying that they aren't suppose to be and did someone put the dog out so she doesn't get excited and pee all over our guests feet. Then it's on to baking magic.

I hope you get a chance to try it out. So good.

Ruth Reynoso-Sance says:

Lol! Hilarious! Thanks for the idea, believe me! I'll use it very soon ;-)

Lindselicious says:

Oooh I love BCP! Great last minute recipe, lol your post was so cute!

easyfoodsmith says:

What a WOW time-saver dish! Superb!

hehehhee…I have one of those, and usually do include something like your recipe!:)) or just be very very still, don't say anything and hopefully they will leave the doorsteps:))
    Congrats on double top 9 tonight..I am off to congratulate you on the other post!!! see'ya and good night!!!

Grubarazzi says:

Every day feels too busy lately! Recipes like this are definitely keepers. Yum!

Pegasuslegend says:

Congrats on your TWO TOP 9 on FB way to go!!!

Wow you are on a roll! Double Top 9 is amazing, double congratulations!!!

"I love theses!" I actually have mason jars of both sizes! I use them as tea drinking cups w/flavored honey sticks,peach tea, cupcakes n a jar, layered desserts, and one of my best & favs is: Hot Choc & marshmellows! They can be prepared in advance then just add hot water or milk when ready to serve! I'd love to see your spin on that. Let me know if u use it! I add mint &/or cookie garnishes, cherries,whipped cream as well.

Boulder Locavore says:

It seems you have a knack of whipping fabulous things up in a jar (remembering your fruit salad with labels)! This sounds great and has so much more interest IN a jar! I feel a business idea coming on for you. 'Kim Bee on QVC'!

Beth Michelle says:

This is such an amazing idea!! I love love love these.

alyce@culinarythymes says:

I love this presentation. Congrats on your top 9!

Chic & Gorgeous Treats says:

I love how you serve your version of Banana Cream Pie. I really could use a jar of this.. what a comforting delicious dessert!! Congrats on Top 9!! Well deserved award my friend.. hugggssss, Jo

Quiche-ing Queen says:

There's something exciting about yummies in a jar. This looks delicious. Congrats on two Top 9s! Oh and you are so much nicer than I am with unannounced guests. I either don't answer the door or I'll let them in and not entertain. You're such a sweetheart!

Yah, let me know it goes.

Thank you so much. I aim to please. Lol!

Thank you so much.

It's so good to have a stand by ready at a moments notice. I should have hid like a ninja.

Thanks. I was so surprised and happy. xx

So true! Thanks.

Thanks. So cool, I was so happy.

Lol, thanks. I was so shocked.

I love jars, they are just fun. My house is very country so they fit in so nice here. Okay I am going to have to try that hot chocolate recipe. I have one I am posting some time this week that will knock your socks off. So good. Been a recipe in creation for awhile. Wanted it just right.

Congrats on Top 9, Kim!
    Wow, if this is what you serve to your uninvited, unannounced visit guests, I'm gonna be dropping by one day….. definitely unannounced! :D
    (Don't you just love the "reply" button? I love it to bits! What took them so long anyway?)

Lol Ping, you are welcome any time, announced or unannounced. Love the reply button. So cool.

Thank you so much. I was so surprised by the 9's. I have this overwhelming need to be Martha. Which I am not. But I pretend a lot. lol

Hey Jo, thanks so much. I love jars. They just make me happy. Hugs right back at ya.xx

Thank you so much. Jars rock my world!

Thank you so much!xx

I am giggling over the thought of me being on QVC. Would be fun though. I sure could use a million dollar idea. Or two. Or three. Thanks so much. You made me smile.xx

Just reviewed these on Tasty Kitchen. I fed these to 45 members of the Women Soaring Pilots Association and they were a great hit. We let them put on the whipped cream themselves and almost had a food fight.

• 78

I am so happy you made these and even more delighted they were such a hit. I feel a bit humbled who you served them to. How cool is that. Thanks for such a nice review. This is just one of those easy things you can throw together yet it tastes incredible. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and let me know how you liked them. Means a lot to me.