Super easy and quick to make. This is something I whip up on the fly when company shows up at the door without warning. You’ll love these little treats, and so will your guests!
Have you ever had one of those days where you are super de duper busy and being pulled in every direction? I know you have. We all have. Am I right?
You finally get home after a busy day and just as you go to slip on your jammies just in time for your favourite TV show (Supernatural- can you say Winchester boys rock my world) the doorbell rings.
You are now doing a check in your head!!
Did I clean today?
Did I do laundry today or is it piled up by the front door for some unknown reason?
Then the OMG do I have anything to feed people moment hits!!
Well folks this is a surefire way to please those unannounced naughty guests who should have called but did not. I mean seriously, who stops in on a weeknight when your favourite show is on anyway.
Have a plan of action in place for emergencies like this. You need to be prepared. Keep your pantry stocked with quick ingredients like graham crumbs, puddings, cookies, and things like that.
Set a code word set with hubby for moments like this. Try *winchester sandwich* as he’ll never know what you mean anyway, then that will be his cue to take the rude visitors on a tour of some project you did 3 years ago and never finished.
You now have 5 minutes. This is what you make. And honestly, it seriously takes only 5 minutes.
- 1 cup graham crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 package of vanilla or banana pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 3 bananas
- 1 container cool whip
- Quickly take your pudding mix and milk and pop it in a mixer, turn on high and let it go for a few minutes to thicken.
- Quickly melt your butter in the microwave in a dish.
- Pour your graham crumbs in a bowl.
- Pour the butter in the same bowl as graham crumbs.
- Mix quickly with a fork.
- Pour into mason jars.
- Cut up 2 and a half bananas into slices and pop them on top of graham layer.
- Now pour your pudding over top.
- Now pop your cool whip on that.
- Now set them in the fridge and clean up quick. *this is code for shove everything in the oven till later*
- Brush your hair. *has nothing to do with the recipe but by now your frazzled and could use it*
Now drop lots of hints about how tired you are before Supernatural starts. Or tell them you are coming down with the flu, that always works.