Turtle Banana Split | Super easy to whip together for an indulgent treat.
Hi folks. Yes you are reading the post title correctly. I, being the Lunatic that I am, made a banana split with the ever popular Turtles candy I love so much.
You may have read the post where I talked about stealing Turtles last year from hubs and B. You may have read about my Turtle Bark. You also may have read about my Turtle ice cream and the fact that we ended up with a gazillion boxes of it this Christmas. I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that people read about last years heist and felt sorry for myself and mini-me. Nah, could not have been that.
So since it is my birthday weekend and no holds should be barred on a birthday weekend I decided to make myself a monster sized banana split. I did not want just any banana split. So I thought to myself, “self what is your favourite ice cream?” And my self almost blew out my eardrums yelling “Turtles, Turtles, Turtles!” I just so happened to have some homemade Turtle ice cream so now the anticipation was building what I could lay on this thing.
So I went through my mental checklist:
- Turtle Ice Cream- check
- Whipped Cream- check
- Turtles Candy- check
- Skor Bits- check
- Caramel Sauce- check and bonus it’s homemade
- Fudge Sauce- check, I had homemade but opted for Magic Shell
- Pecans- check
- Giant Bowl- check
- Giant Appetite- check
- Couch To Pass Out On After- check
So you see I was good to go. Let’s not talk about why I happen to have all these items laying around. Maybe we shouldn’t talk about that. Let’s not even think about it. In fact, let’s never speak of it again.
I know you are dying to know how I made it but first I want to make sure you all saw my birthday cake Chef Dennis made me so check below for that little beauty:
That was the cake portion of my birthday. Thanks Dennis.
So now we just had the ice cream phase left. To me if you’re going to splurge you should go big or go home. Of course going big might mean not being able to fit through the door after eating it but hey, who needs to go anywhere when the ice cream is in here anyway. So on to the recipe. You may get a bit fat eating it but you’ll be happy. You’re welcome!!!
- 3 scoops of Turtle ice cream
- 2 heaping tablespoons of caramel sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Magic Shell
- 1 banana, split
- 3 squirts of whipping cream, if using a spray type
- 3 whole Turtles candy
- 3 Turtles candy, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup Skor bits
- ¼ cup pecans, crushed
- Chocolate Sauce drizzled for garnish (cuz there is not enough chocolate already)
- Cut your banana down the middle lengthwise. Set aside.
- Cut up your turtles, set aside.
- Measure out your Skor bits. Set aside.
- Crush your pecans and set aside.
- Heat up the caramel sauce for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Place everything within your grasp so you can assemble quickly.
- Now grab a bowl and scoop your ice cream into it.
- Lay banana on either side.
- Now pour the Magic Shell over the scoop in the middle.
- Now pour your caramel sauce over the other two scoops.
- Now quickly squirt or top with whipped cream.
- Top each section with a whole Turtle candy.
- Toss your skor bits, crushed pecans and chopped Turtles around the bowl.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Enjoy with a big old messy smile!!!
I know right! It makes me dizzy just thinking about it! It was so good my head was spinning! Somehow I powered through and kept at it. The fun part of these photo shoots is eating while you take pics.
Ah, parting is such sweet sorrow my Turtle Banana Split. Till next year my darling, till next year.
Toodles and smoochies. xx