Turtle Banana Split | More Birthday Shenanigans!!!

Turtle Banana Split | Super easy to whip together for an indulgent treat.

Turtle Banana Split | Super easy to whip together for an indulgent treat.

Hi folks. Yes you are reading the post title correctly. I, being the Lunatic that I am, made a banana split with the ever popular Turtles candy I love so much.

You may have read the post where I talked about stealing Turtles last year from hubs and B. You  may have read about my Turtle Bark. You also may have read about my Turtle ice cream and the fact that we ended up with a gazillion boxes of it this Christmas. I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that people read about last years heist and felt sorry for myself and mini-me. Nah, could not have been that.

Turtle Banana Split | Super easy to whip together for an indulgent treat.

So since it is my birthday weekend and no holds should be barred on a birthday weekend I decided to make myself a monster sized banana split. I did not want just any banana split. So I thought to myself, “self what is your favourite ice cream?” And my self almost blew out my eardrums yelling “Turtles, Turtles, Turtles!” I just so happened to have some homemade Turtle ice cream so now the anticipation was building what I could lay on this thing.

So I went through my mental checklist:

• Turtle Ice Cream- check
  • Whipped Cream- check
  • Turtles Candy- check
  • Skor Bits- check
  • Caramel Sauce- check and bonus it’s homemade
  • Fudge Sauce- check, I had homemade but opted for Magic Shell
  • Pecans- check
  • Giant Bowl- check
  • Giant Appetite- check
  • Couch To Pass Out On After- check

So you see I was good to go. Let’s not talk about why I happen to have all these items laying around. Maybe we shouldn’t talk about that. Let’s not even think about it. In fact, let’s never speak of it again.

I know you are dying to know how I made it but first I want to make sure you all saw my birthday cake Chef Dennis made me so check below for that little beauty:

Caramel Apple Torte by A Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis

That was the cake portion of my birthday. Thanks Dennis.

So now we just had the ice cream phase left. To me if you’re going to splurge you should go big or go home. Of course going big might mean not being able to fit through the door after eating it but hey, who needs to go anywhere when the ice cream is in here anyway. So on to the recipe. You may get a bit fat eating it but you’ll be happy. You’re welcome!!!

Turtle Banana Split | Super easy to whip together for an indulgent treat.

Turtle Banana Split

Prep time
Total time

Best way in the world to celebrate a birthday!
Serves: Enough for One Birthday Lunatic!
  • 3 scoops of Turtle ice cream
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of caramel sauce
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of Magic Shell
  • 1 banana, split
  • 3 squirts of whipping cream, if using a spray type
  • 3 whole Turtles candy
  • 3 Turtles candy, cut into small pieces
  • ¼ cup Skor bits
  • ¼ cup pecans, crushed
  • Chocolate Sauce drizzled for garnish (cuz there is not enough chocolate already)
  1. Cut your banana down the middle lengthwise. Set aside.
  2. Cut up your turtles, set aside.
  3. Measure out your Skor bits. Set aside.
  4. Crush your pecans and set aside.
  5. Heat up the caramel sauce for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
  6. Place everything within your grasp so you can assemble quickly.
  7. Now grab a bowl and scoop your ice cream into it.
  8. Lay banana on either side.
  9. Now pour the Magic Shell over the scoop in the middle.
  10. Now pour your caramel sauce over the other two scoops.
  11. Now quickly squirt or top with whipped cream.
  12. Top each section with a whole Turtle candy.
  13. Toss your skor bits, crushed pecans and chopped Turtles around the bowl.
  14. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
  15. Enjoy with a big old messy smile!!!
You can buy ice cream or make your own Turtle Ice Cream
Nutrition Information
Serving size: Just one!

Turtle Banana Split | Super easy to whip together for an indulgent treat.

I know right! It makes me dizzy just thinking about it! It was so good my head was spinning! Somehow I powered through and kept at it. The fun part of these photo shoots is eating while you take pics.

Ah, parting is such sweet sorrow my Turtle Banana Split. Till next year my darling, till next year.

Toodles and smoochies. xx

Comments

1. Jenn says

Oh my gosh! How divine. I wish I could reach through my screen and grab this right now! I would eat every last bit of it!

2. Ann says

Wow! That is a go big or go home sundae! Happy Birthday! Let's see…you had cake, presents and ice-cream…

YUP! You had a birthday! I'm glad I was able to share it with you – even if it was over the internet!

Happy Birthday my lunatic friend!

3. Marina says

It's almost 11PM, I was ready to shut down my comp. Then I decided to check Blogs I Follow, and here it is, your new post. I am laughing into my pillow not to awake anyone. You are wonderful, you know that?! Delicious post! Cal I lick the spoon? :)

4. Kim Bee says

Lol, thanks Marina. I so appreciate it. I enjoy writing almost as much as eating. I may have already licked the bowl. I'll make another one and we can split it.

5. Kim Bee says

Lol, it was huge. And I ate like half. So crazy! I had a great weekend. The only thing missing was a movie which is tradition here. But with mini-me sick we put it off till next week. Thanks Ann!

6. Kristen says

I think I got a sugar rush just looking at the pictures! What a wonderful treat for your happy day. Hoping mini-me is well soon so you can get to the movie portion of your celebration!

7. Tina says

This does look good, but I would have to find a big spoon because I would want every component in one bite. I have to say Kim-you really know how to celebrate a birthday as well as enjoy a photo shoot-yum! Sinful and delicious-perfect for the birthday girl.

8. The Mom Chef says

I am happy to say that I don't have a single one of those ingredients lying around the house and I think it needs to stay that way. That looks too amazingly decadent. Definitely a birthday girl's dream though!

9. Lizzy says

Oh, my gosh, my pancreas is churning out insulin just reading your post!!! I LOVE this decadent sundae…just as much as I love turtles! You know how to treat yourself right on your bday :) xo

10. Chef Dennis says

ok you may be a lunatic, but you certainly aren't crazy! That turtle split looks amazing! I am an ice cream fiend and would have done my best to finish that one by myself!

11. thesmartcookiecook.com says

Oh my, there is too much good stuff going on here to be true!! Turtles…turtle ice cream…chocolate…Skor bits…nuts…Ah! My head just exploded. Or was that my arteries?
    Happy Birthday by the way!

12. Mellissa Sevigny (sevimel) says

That is one turtletastic sundae! I want I want I want!!!! And it's totally healthy right???? I mean bananas are loaded with potassium and there is a lot of calcium and protein in ice cream! I feel healthier just thinking about it! :)

13. Curry and Comfort says

Now that's what a call an awesome sundae!! I love the addition of turtles because who doesn't like some caramel and nuts in their sundae!! Well done and I hope you enjoyed every last bite. :)

14. Free Spirit Eater says

::drool:: this looks absolutely delicious! I wouldn't even use a spoon to devour that, no hands either lol. Thanks for sharing, hope you're having a good one! =]

15. Quiche-ing Queen says

Wish it was my birthday. Haha! This looks so delicious. My guy loves ice cream and anything dessert with chocolate. I must make this soon. Very soon. Oh my!

16. Jen at The Three Little Piglets says

Turtles are insanely good! I have to steer clear of them or I'll eat the entire package in one sitting!

17. celiacasaurus.com says

mmmmmmm…..can I celebrate my next birthday at your house Kim? That turtle banana split looks absolutely perfect!
    xo,Christie

18. Dara says

Kim – reading your posts always makes my day! I share your go big or go home attitude about ice cream and birthdays. PS I looove that bowl.

19. Kim Bee says

Lol, I hear ya. She is feeling tons better finally. Woot woot. We were going to hit a movie on the weekend but I forgot my son is out of town for a conference. Arg. I can't win. May have to rearrange their school schedules so they can spend more time with me. Lol!

20. Kim Bee says

Lol, I had a ball. I swear I ate half of it myself while taking pics. So fun. I can't fit in my desk chair today but you know, standing is fine.

21. Kim Bee says

I should do a public service announcement immediately to apologize to diabetics. This is not a blog for those folks for sure. I wonder how I'd fare with Mrs. Deen's diagnosis. That would be so tough for me. I am a total sugar wench. It's sad.

22. Kim Bee says

I'm on my last box of Christmas turtles. I may need to write the company and ask them if they need a recipe developer. Rofl!

23. Kim Bee says

Omg Dennis it was so good. If we ever meet up in person we need to hit an ice cream shop! I need a good partner in crime who isn't afraid to finish the whole thing!!!

24. Kim Bee says

Right!!! Totally healthy. I mean it's got bananas and ….um….er…..ah….okay let's just pretend. I am glad I made you feel good. I bet if they put one of these at the end of my treadmill I'd run faster.

25. Kim Bee says

I did pretty good. I got tons of them for Christmas and still have some left. On my last box though. I may cry when they are done.

26. Kim Bee says

They are so good. I could just eat them morning, noon and night. I don't…but I could. Oh who am I kidding. I totally do.

27. Asian-spice mix says

You tempting me with a bowl of this turtle banana split,,,,caramel and chocolate on ice cream,,YESSSS :)
    Ridwan

28. janet@fromcupcakestocaviar says

Kim, this is why I love you. Anyone who can take one of my all time favorite candies and make it into a sundae is awesome. Had we ever finalized our wedding date btw? Cause I want these at the reception 😛

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what "Limited Edition Turtles" are btw. C'mon, spill it.

29. Kim Bee says

You pick the date and I'll bring the dessert. I left the turtle lowdown on your blog. I thought I popped it up on the ice cream but maybe I was hallucinating from sugar.

30. Vicki Bensinger says

OMG this is to die for. This is my kind of dessert. I love banana splits and haven't had one in years. Back in my college days after losing weight over a boyfriend I went on a banana split diet. It definitely made me feel better. Of course that was back in the 70s probably when you were born.

This is so sinful. I can't wait to try it. There's always room for dessert!

31. Jessica says

Wow, now I am officially craving it like a lunatic too! This looks….drool-worthy I guess sums it up. Nice pics, too!

32. Jessica says

Oh, P.S. I'm hosting my first recipe link-up next Monday for Meatless Monday. I hope you will contribute something! You have so many awesome recipes, feel free to add more than 1!

33. Lacy says

Oh my freakin lord, this looks amazing!! I'm drooling, I need this banana split asap. My stomach is now growling, seems like I might be having ice cream for dinner. :) Happy birthday!

34. The Harried Cook says

Oh my! I WANT THIS! I am drooling… this is so decadent, it should be illegal! Can I have this for breakfast? Maybe on my birthday :) Happy Birthday again :)

35. Anne@FromMySweetHeart says

Kim! Happy Birthday!!! And what a fitting dessert to make for yourself! I am with you…especially on your birthday….go big or go home! The banana split is a fabulous way to make use of all of your Turtles! And I love your leaf bowl! Hope you celebrated in style and I wish you a happy and healthy year!

36. livingthesweetlifeblog says

Heaven. You've created heaven and I want a bite!! I need to make this as soon as possible ( lol I feel like any time I read any of your recipes, I'm always saying that – – you just have me going stir crazy over all the yummy-ness!! ;))

37. wok with ray says

What a yummy looking banana split. Love your leaf-shape bowl, perfect for the splits. Thank you for sharing this lovely post, Kim. :)

38. Kim Bee says

Oh Dee it was the bomb, so good. I know, one of us should move. What's the temp like there? I might consider jumping ship if it's warm.

39. Kim Bee says

Lol, I was born in '69 so you pegged it well. I love banana splits but rarely eat them. I forgot how good the cold ice cream is with the banana. It's like heaven on a spoon. My thoughts exactly.

40. Kim Bee says

Breakfast, lunch and dinner. And birthdays, and every other wednesday. No wonder I need to lose weight. Lol! Thanks!xx

41. Kim Bee says

Aw thanks so much Anne. I sure had a great weekend and this was the….cherry on the sundae? I have no idea. But it was good. I now need to behave. The bowl was from my first foray into the chef store. Cheap too. I can't remember if it was $7 or $14. Knowing me probably $7. Lol!

42. Kim Bee says

Lol, thanks. I was going for sinful but I'll take heaven. I do live in the land of indulgence. I really should grow up and eat like an adult. But I don't wanna!

43. Kim Bee says

Thanks so much. I was grasping at straws trying to find a banana boat shaped bowl. Lol. This one was a first purchase at a chef supply store. So cute. Thanks for stopping by. I adore your blog. I am bookmarking stuff like mad this week.

44. Peggy says

Oh girl, you definitely know how to celebrate a birthday in food style! This banana split sounds utterly amazing =)

45. Nami | Just One Cookbook says

I almost fainted after seeing this turtle banana split! I'd do anything if I can eat this…. I'm serious!