This may be one of the easiest cheesecakes you will ever make. I love cheesecakes that are baked in the oven, but some days I just do not have time to mess around. When I have days like that I do things like this. That way I get an amazing dessert without sacrificing hours in the kitchen.
Whipping Cream Week continues. This one uses it in the filling. It’s a great way to use up spare heavy cream you may have around the house.
Today is our last day together before B-Dude heads back. We’ll spend about half a day together before we make the trek to Toronto. This is all hinging on the weather since we seem to be having yet another winter storm. It’s also contingent on puppy being okay. I am heading out with her in about an hour to the vet. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. If all goes well I’ll spend the night in Toronto with B-Dude, then drive him to the airport early in the morning. After that my plan is to hang out with Izzy from Crumb. So let’s all cross fingers the weather mellows out and the puppy is okay. Otherwise I’ll be seeing Izzy in the spring. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter lately?
Since today’s theme seems to be rushing and doing things quickly I am just going to cut to the chase today. Here’s some pics, the recipe, followed by a giveaway. How’s that for speedy delivery?
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 packages of cream cheese (8 oz size), softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, frozen or fresh, divided
- ½ tub cool whip (8 oz)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream, either homemade or store bought
- In a medium sized bowl combine the graham crumbs and butter. Mix until well combined. Pour into parchment lined 9 x 13 pan. Press down firmly.
- In a stand mixer combine the cream cheese and sugar, beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Add 1½ cups of the strawberries and the cool whip. Beat until well combined.
- In a blender or magic bullet combine ½ cup of the strawberries and the heavy cream. Mix until thick and creamy. Add this to the stand mixer and beat again until incorporated really well.
- Pour over the graham crust and smooth out.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with whipping cream and strawberries.
- Serve with a big old strawberry smile!
This is a no bake cheesecake so it's not as thick when you slice into it. Make sure you let it set up for at least 4 hours.
Inspired by Kraft Kitchen's Smoothie Cheesecake
I am ordering myself a new cheesecake pan so I’ve decided to splurge and pick one up for one lucky reader as well. It’s the Chicago Metallic 12 cup Lift and Serve Singles Square Pan from Amazon. You can view it by clicking here.
Giveaway Deets: To enter please leave a comment saying what kind of cheesecake you would make if you won this pan. Easy peasy and sorta cheesy! Extra entry: Sign up for an email subscription by filling in the form at the top of the page. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so. These will be verified. Giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada. Giveaway closes on Monday March 4th at midnight. Winner will be contacted by email and has 72 hours to respond. If there is no response within that time a new winner will be drawn. Draw will be made by random.org.
Winner was entry 145, Renee Dobbs. Congrats Renee! Let me know when the pan arrives. Cannot wait to see what you whip up in it.
If you would like to buy this pan feel free to swing by my Amazon store. Just head to the top of the page and click shop. I earn a small commission on any sales.
That wraps up today’s post. Easy and quick. That’s the way Lunie rolls.
Toodles and smoochies! xx